Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Question ref. Left Hand Path

Jerry, earlier this year in response to one of my posts, you (I believe) mentioned something about the Hero's Journey/Path being the left hand path...

Could you please talk about this again, say more around it?

Did Joe Campbell refer to it as such?

Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Kansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Question ref. Left Hand Path

Kristi,
I will give you a detailed reply later today.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Kristi,
Joseph Campbell told the story of the left hand path {I forget which book I last read the story} being the path of adventure. One is a n individual, blazing his/her own trail, a maverick. Native American myth used this term often in the adventure of the hero seeking his father {a common motif}.

"Do not go 'north', stay the path" are the instructions. But being adventurous children they naturally take the path of adventure, the left hand path.

To take the right hand path is to live by social duty, doing as you are told. I frequently use the term 'Social Dragon' in describing the requirements of having to abide by social duty.

Buddhists used the term 'the middle way'. What the Kena Upanishads call the crossing of "a bridge as sharp as the edge of a razor".

From Self Actualization; Taking the Left Hand Path.

The “Left Hand Path” is the road less traveled and the march to a different drummer not anarchy, rigidity, evil, or conformity, total flexibility or passive existence either.

To follow the path is to allow the
development of characteristics that are synonymous with Leader, Mentor, Innovator and Inspiration, to bestow and pass on each of our contributions to us all.  Creating Legacies for a new future…

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thank you, Jerry ... and for the link to the article, too.

Now, I have another question. You also commented with another item/issue in one of my dream threads in the last year that is important to me today. However, I do not recall which dream thread it was in or any of your words, verbatim, which leaves me unable to locate your words so that I may read them again. Maybe you will recall. If not precisely, perhaps generally...

Again, the conversation focused around The Path, The Hero's Journey. As I remember, I was struck with considering, of my self, (in response to what you had shared): "How much longer will I remain working with my analyst." It made me begin to take a closer look at our relationship, where it was serving my growth, and where it was not. You know, we develop dependencies via the transferrence. Important, needed even. But there comes the time when we outgrow the need for them. When we must make the choice to continue the journey more independently.

I do believe you mentioned something specific about an analyst (one's analyst), and, the work, the journey, the requirement to come to find what is needed in one's self.

Might you recall the gist of your sharing, and, if so, speak again of it?

Thank you,
Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Kansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present