Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
recent dream

I recently dreamnt a very vivid dream in which I was in a house with my mother-in-law(who died in March of this year)and she asked me to help her finish making the turkish coffee for the three half-full cups that were on the counter which I did. There was a calico cat(we did own a tabby that died this past year and still own another all gray cat) in the room which I questioned where it came from. She responded, don't you remember it was yours and your husband's cat and when you moved you gave it to your uncle(maternal uncle who died 2 years ago) to care for and when he died he gave it to me. Also, present in the dream were my father who died in 2002, his brother and sister-in-law who died together in 1993 and my mother who is currently alive. For some reason, I knew I had to go to the house in which my family lived from when I was 11 until 23. I thought in the dream that this was odd and I cannot remember if I was taking the coffee there or what. I believe that this is a significant dream but not sure how to begin to sort it out. Thanks for any suggestions or thoughts.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61; North Carolina

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: recent dream

Ellen,
Your dream seems to be addressing 'passed' relationships. You are revisiting your past and perhaps particular aspects of your life {I knew I had to go to the house in which my family lived from when I was 11 until 23}. Such dreams are common for those of us who are in or have transcended the mid-life years and trying to make sense of life. It may be the dream is addressing unfinished business or remaining emotions about those who in your life who have made the transition.

As for the cats. Cats often represent the feminine aspect of the psyche. In your dream they may symbolize the emotional aspect {women are thought to possess deeper emotional qualities}. The different emotional aspect to a particular relative may signify the inclusion of a particular cat {a particular emotional experience}. A calico cat being of different colors may symbolize the different emotions. Questioning those emotions {again, revisiting your past} may be the focus of the dream.

The giving of the cat that belonged to you and your husband, and then giving it to your maternal uncle {what was that relationship about?}, and upon his death {end of relationship?} it was given to your mother-in-law {also deceased- an ended relationship}. Does this series of events represent any experiences in your past waking life?

Overall I see the dream as addressing emotions having to do with those people in your life who have passed on. And again, trying to make sense of it all is one aspect of dreaming. Dreams are therapeutic, they try to help solve the emotional aspects of the dreamer's life.

You may want to better examine those years between 11 and 23 to see what was there that may have deeper emotional value. The oddity of revisting that 'house' may be addressing experiences forgotten or repressed.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: recent dream

I suspect that there are emotions and coming to terms with events and important relatives in my life. As for the maternal uncle, I saw him as being pretty narcissistic like my mother (his sister) whereas my mother-in-law was more co-dependent but definitely more loving and giving. In reality,I wouldn't have entrusted my cat though to either the uncle or my mother-in-law because in reality they did not like cats (or maybe what they represent--the feminine, independence, strong will????) I don't understand the meaning of the three cups and my finishing up filling them up. It is interesting that my maternal grandmother used to sometimes play with "reading the remains of the turkish coffee cups." I also wondered if my mother is getting ready to join the others on the other side? Thanks for your help.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61; North Carolina

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present