Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Myths-Dreams-Symbols New Look-Two Ways To View

I have been working on the Myths-Dreams-Symbols website and have created a second approach to the site. Along with the original, more colorful MDS pages I have created a second, more traditional web pages {it is still under construction}. Take a moment to view the two approaches and let me know your thoughts. I would like opinions on what to include in the new version. It will have less materials but will focus more on the 'academic' aspects of Jungian psyche.
To view the new look go here

Myths-Dreams-Symbols

The Psychology of Dreams

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Myths-Dreams-Symbols New Look-Two Ways To View

An update on the second version of Myths-Dreams-Symbols

click on image

This will take you to the opening page where you can make a choice of which site you prefer to visit. Click on new version.

Of course there is still the regular version, addressing more of the mystical aspect, trying to emulate to some degree Jung's approach to the deeper psyche.

click on image

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Morning Jerry,

I really like the existing site and enjoy both format and content. To be forthright I am a digital Luddite and usually get confused then frustrated with everything in the internet world. Once I finally figure it all out I stick to what I know like dried mud on a barn door.

Best wishes with your new site. I hope you will keep the existing site up and running too.

Ken

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 67 & Powell, WY.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Ken,
Not to worry. The original site is a true reflection of my own psyche and I could never abandoned what I believe in most. I hope to use the new site as an alternative for those who prefer Jung in general and continue to let the original site stand as it is. There is a 'mystical' quality about dreams and the original site offers insights to those aspects. We spend about a third of our life sleeping and about 2 hrs a night dreaming. It is another world, an unconscious world full of life and living and the original Myths-Dreams-Symbols is hopefully a good source to reflect that.

Jerry

Jerry,

I vote with Ken, on preference for the more mystical styled site (current), yet will surely gander over to the more academic-like pages. I think those will be very helpful, especially for those new to Jungian thought and learning the crucial elements of psyche/dreams and their understanding.

Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Kansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thanks Kristy. Your opinion is important since it is those with special abilities like yourself that naturally gravitate to Myths-Dreams-Symbols. To be honest I am looking ahead when I am able to retire in adding the new pages {hopefully early retirement in 2012-before, and after December 21st on the Mayan calender}. The skills I have developed in working with dreams may not only be a full time endeavor but may assist me with the needed income so to make dreams a full time job. I would dearly love to work with people in this area as well as with the mid-life issues. Doing what I know best, that is the bliss in life and perhaps a source of security. Of course my first inclination, as it has been ever since I began the Dream Forum, is to assist others without expecting anything in return. My new creed in that eventually will be only.

Jerry

You are welcome, Jerry. And thank you, too. I also hope you can one day make helping others via dream work and Jungian psyche a full time endeavor, as you do it so well.

Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Kansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Hi Jerry

To be honest I get lost in here, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, unless perhaps I am looking for specific information.

But I have fallen in love with the look and feel of this site, and can't help but feel that this needs to hang around.

Your website is unique, and it almost felt like I had seen the newer layout a million times before (not sure if it is even as simple as just the black background...) It sort of didn't feel as unique as the traditional site. I didn't feel like I was coming to Myths-Dreams-Symbols if that makes any sense.

That said I do like the functionality of it, the expanding menu on the left would make navigation through the site a bit swifter.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Rook

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28 - Perth, Western Australia

Thanks Rook,
Your comments are very helpful. Knowing the little 'gadgets' I have added to the 'original' site are appreciated and useful is something I have pondered time and again. And I have tried to make Myths-Dreams-Symbols unique. The dark background and related graphics are an attempt to induce a measure of the deep psyche, delving into the depths of the soul, a feeling of what the deep unconscious holds and to prepare the visitor to the true function of the dream world.
Be assured the original version will always be here for those who appreciate the 'mystery' of the journey.

As for getting lost, that is something I wish to change when I have enough time to tweak the pages. One thing I am keenly aware of in building the new addition of MDS is putting everything into context so there is a central them and the visitor does not have to search for additional or related information. I created literally a couple of hundred pages and links on the years and putting everything into the proper context is a job that needs to be done. So many pages that when I take a notion to build a new page on a subject matter, I will Google the subject for research and find I have already created a page. Now to put it all so everything blends. That is a task I plan to work on when I do have the free time I seek when I am 'retired' from the social world of deeds.

Jerry

Yes, I think you have done a great job of setting the website up to be unique, and the use of the dark background does leave that impression of delving into the depths of the soul, as well as the initial page of the website, clicking on the button to enter the deep depths of the soul is an effective 'initiation' into the website.

I have used this analogy before for a webpage, I might even coin the term the 'Millenium Falcon effect'. Because the site is a lot like the Millenium Falcon. It is a fantastic ship, very useful, but it has had a number of modifications over the years with lots of useful gadgets, and can be a bit patch-worky.

One day you will lift up the floor and find Obi-wan hiding in the smugglers compartments, the next you will hit a button and out will pop a swivel gun that will blast the invading snowtroopers away. The point is if you have a working knowledge of the ship like Han you can get around it.

I would say the rehaul will be handy, but collating all that information and putting it back together again won't be a simple job. Probably best left till you retire from the social world.

Looking forward to it.

Rook

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28 - Perth, Western Australia

stats from 7-14-10 to the present