Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Recurring theme of wooden walls and floors with holes

Last night's dream... I am walking in a house I have just bought, and I notice that I can see through the floors of my bedroom. I wonder why I hadn't lifted up the rugs that the people had laid on the floors because I would have been able to see that the furniture is actually sitting on huge wooden pallets. I can see the crawspace under the floor of the room, and it's very bright instead of dark space. I wonder how much electricity we are losing since it is going right out through the floor.

In another dream, I walk into a two story house, and I can immediately see through the crawlspace underneath, and I can also see through the walls as though the slats on the walls didn't even touch. I see the wooden banisters of what would have been the stairs, but since the floor separating the second floor is missing so are the stairs, but I am captured by the beauty of the wood. I somehow float up to the second floor by following the staircase that was attached to the wall, and I notice the walls missing too, but I could see the different rooms because the wall paper was different or the fixtures were different, etc.

In the earliest dream, I was trying to seek safety back in my old dilapidated wooden house, where I lived I guess, as some force was trying to sucking me backwards towards some woods. Since I was trying to grab onto the slats of wood from the floor and the walls, the force was so strong that the boards were also being lifted up, peeled off and sucked into the force behind me that wanted me.

I've been trying to figure these out for some time now on my own, but... I guess I surrender.

thanks. M

I just remembered an earlier dream with wooden boards so far apart on the floor of the bathroom that the water was leaking onto the bottom floor and I couldn't tell if the water was coming from the ceiling because it too had holes. I could see the pipes in the walls.

Sorry if this is too much at one time.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 40, Florida

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Re: Recurring theme of wooden walls and floors with holes

Hi M,

Overall, I would say that it shows an opening up and seeing into things that lay beneath the surface ... in the subconscious. Psyche is wanting to/needs to show you something so that it may be released/cleansed (as indicated by one of these dream scenes being in a bathroom). Crawl spaces, woods, downstairs, beneath, basement, etc. are all symbols for the unconscious, but I trust you know this, already. The missing stairs may show that you have cut out the stairs to the second level of the home. Don't want to go there, sort of thing, so just get rid of them. Or, conversely, do not want to bring the knowledge from the unconscious into conscious awareness. Could be something from the past, cutting off connection from something (memories/experiences). Make sense? Despite the missing stairs, your psyche is trying hard to bring this information to you ... you float up instead. It is some part of you in the unconscious that is wanting to be acknowledged. The dream of being sucked into the woods may be showing fear of whatever information is trying to reach consciousness. Don't want to go into the dense, tangly thicket. No walls, again, openness ... something is wanting your attention/openness so that it may be revealed.

Is this helpful?

Best,
Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Kansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Yes, very helpful, and plenty to think about, which is good.

Thanks so much! M

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

M,
Kristi seems to have provided the crux of the dream but I want to add some comments that may provide further insights to the dream. I started this last night but decided to wait until this morning to finish so to utilize a fresh mind.

My thoughts:

Seeing through the floors probably represents your foundations, those aspects from your evolving life that make up either who you are or strongly affects some aspect of who you are. The bedroom has a lot of uses, sleep {and dream-and its unconscious awareness*}, sex, co-habitation, uniting of two aspects into one {two together making a relationship}. Whichever or whatever that is has been covered up, or has been unconscious, again not realized or thought of. Furniture often represents how you perceive yourself and the wooden pallets possibly an unsound, weak or inferior foundation. Since it is in one room this is most likely addressing some particular aspect of your psyche {what ever the bedroom represent}.
But underneath there is light. That represents understanding what is in the unconscious. This often suggests you are ready for a realization of something you previously didn't know or realize. What was not seen {dark} is now seen {light}. How energy are you using in this particular aspect, understanding it or just realizing what emotional effect it has in your life.

*Dreams can be thought of as unconscious representations of who you are from an unbiased third person}. The ego is submissive in the dream world whereas it is usually predominant in a negative way in the waking world.

In your comments you are back in a dilapidated house {again the house is you} and something is sucking you backwards. This would represent emotional forces sucking you backwards away from realizations of the ego self that want to stay in place {dilapidated house}. There are probably elements in your waking life that fit this 'sucking force', emotions tied to some experience or relationships.

In the second dream there are two layers of who you are {two story house}. One may be the ego self and the other the true self. To get to this true identity you must go into the crawlspace beneath the ego controlled personality. By going into the crawlspace you discover that the true self, emulated by the ego when confronted by the truth, is a beautiful thing and not the dilapidated condition you witnessed in the first dream. By listening to your dreams you can remove the barriers {walls} that keep you from being who you truly are. Removing the emotional values that have penetrated the ego and have unneeded control of your life is the correct path to being within the new self wish to replace.

My sense is these dreams are directed at some emotional aspect having to do with this 'new home' you have bought {the new home being you}. Since the bedroom is the room {complex} that is featured you may want to determine what aspects of your life related to that particular room have had a emotional strain on you of recent. The room is one aspect of your and it has had a lot of emotional energy tied to it. Waking associations will most likely reveal what the bedroom represents in the dream.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi M,

Jerry has provided some wonderful information. I'm just going to make a comment on one portion of what he has written:

My sense is these dreams are directed at some emotional aspect having to do with this 'new home' you have bought {the new home being you}. Since the bedroom is the room {complex} that is featured you may want to determine what aspects of your life related to that particular room have had a emotional strain on you of recent. The room is one aspect of your and it has had a lot of emotional energy tied to it. Waking associations will most likely reveal what the bedroom represents in the dream.

The strain associated with this room, even if there is one evident in the present, could also point to the past and how it is still affecting you today. The dream may be showing it is time to unload more of whatever emotional burden is connected to it.

Kristi

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Jerry, Thanks for adding your thoughts... I don't know if it was a lot of information for me to take in or if I understood correctly or if I am blocking understanding on the bedroom dream.
Can you ask me some questions that might point me in some sort of direction? (only with the bedroom dream) Also, some further thoughts... I remember thinking and commenting to my husband that this room had been added on after the rest of the house had been built because the rest of the house was on a concrete foundation, but I was amazed at how strong the wooden pallets were holding and they didn't even bounce. I could see the wires that tied the pallets together and wondered how they were all being held together so solidly. I am sorry if I am repeating myself (I think the dream might be making more sense now when coupled with your thoughts).

I hope this was helpful.
Thanks so much - again. M

ahhh... I just read this post after my posting my reply to Jerry.

I read what you wrote, but I'm stuck. I need to sit with this a little longer. It's like it seems so simple on one end, but it's not what it seems. WOW... I'll need some time.

Kaze,
What you want to look for in the bedroom dream are associations to waking experiences or events. You state in your response "this room had been added on after the rest of the house had been built". The room {bedroom} would represent some aspect of who you are {your house, you, have many rooms}. The concrete foundation would represent your foundation. But it has changed to something less strong {wooden pallets} yet it still has the strength to stay together. Does that say something about some aspect of your life, perhaps the relationship with your husband? The room was added to the house later. That may be a clue to the rooms representation.

Look at my statement in my original post, sex, co-habitation, uniting of two aspects into one". A room would represent some aspect of your life/psyche, the room symbol a metaphor of some aspect in your life. Finding waking associations often provides the answer to what the room represents. If it is something below conscious awareness {you may not be aware of unconscious attitudes} then the dream is trying to get you to focus on something that needs attention. It may be something you repress, or an attitude you are simply not aware of but your unconscious is.

So what we have is a room that was added but the foundation wasn't as strong as it should have been {wooden pallets instead of concretewas your husband present?} and see if it fits any experience or event or relationship.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

M,
I opened my last post to your dream addresses to Kaze. I apologize. I was working with both dreams this morning and made the mistake.

Jerry

No problem about calling me Kaze I thought you meant Kraze =). How you keep up with all of these I have no idea!
So, about your extra thoughts (thanks). This is what I got... the foundation is what I am and has always been here, so the added room could be my marriage that was added on later. Am I questioning how it might hold up? Is it strong enough? I thought it was solid, but upon looking deeper it's only on something not so solid? And, the air conditioning is leaking out - or my creative energy draining? These are hard questions as though I am questioning my faith or beliefs, although that it also a necessary and important process, it can be earth shaking! I'll keep working on these.
Also, I hate to admit it, but I was skeptical about the bedroom furniture being an important part to this dream, until I dreamed last night that my husband bought me a couch that was so tiny only a baby could sit on it, and even then, his upper back and head would not be supported. And, it was an awful red/white plaid. And, he paid too much for it.
About Kristi's insightful thoughts/ words "...seeing into things that lay beneath the surface." I usually sense things way before someone else senses it - if they ever do, and I question and doubt myself more than I honor the feelings.
So, all in all, I think I am not listening to my inner messages... My husband is going through some huge turmoils at work that pull so much of my energy (drain or leak=) energy that I need as a mom of two teens that I homeschool, and I just started working again... the strain might be temporary, but I'm still the one waiting, and I have neglected my writing and other creative outlets. Although he is a great husband, I am still neglecting some part of myself that needs attention - I think =).
About my past affecting all this... I think it makes me more sensitive(hyper) to my inner callings and messages that I can't or shouldn't ignore.
I'll try this for now, and see if my husband brings home anymore little furniture pieces - in my dreams that is.

Oh, thanks to both of you!

M,
There does seem to be some questioning about the foundation of some aspect in your life. Being in the bedroom may suggest clues to what that is. It you see something within your waking life that fits with the dream scenario then you most likely have found what the dream was addressing.

The furniture would be important. It is what fills your life, your attitudes, those things that either fit or do not fit with who you are.

The 'too small' couch that your husband bought. It was only big enough for a baby. Does that say something about the relationship with your husband? Couches often symbolize mental activities, Perhaps you feel he is treating you in a way that is 'small', perhaps contemptuous. Are their attitudes shown by him that makes you feel he doesn't treat you with proper respect?

Your statement "I usually sense things way before someone else senses it - if they ever do, and I question and doubt myself more than I honor the feelings". That sense you have is intuitive and if you could learn to listen to and not question it you would be amazed at how often those first impressions are. I am student of intuitive thinking, feeling, sensing. I use it in my dream work {sensing what is beyond the words}, in interactions with other people {sensing those little things that provide insights to the person, the real person} and believe it or not when I exercise playing basketball} {I will have to explain that later when I have a video of my physical routine. Intuitiveness is an extra-sensory aspect that we all possess. Tapping into those sensory units provides insights beyond regular knowledge. It is not a mystery, merely an aspect that nature has provided us, beginning as a tool for primitive man to survive, lost but found when we utilize the intuitive nature we possess.

Jerry

Yes, I can see what you are saying - now - about the bedroom and couch, but I did doubt it at first.

I mean, I've been married for almost 20 years to a man that rents "chick-flicks" at RedBox for us to watch... I shared with him my dream about the bedroom and his buying me the tiny couch, and I shared with him yours (and Kristi's) insights... he didn't get defensive and asked, "So, what do you think you need from me" and genuinely listens.

So, looking at the theme that my husband is lacking in something is difficult, but not impossible. I have been a spoiled wife that went to college while he worked, then I stayed home with kids while he worked 90 - 100 hr. weeks until they started school.

Eventhough, I definitely still need to make a space (or Room of One's Own) because I am mentally exhausted with the kids and the new house (3 years old) that we are also trying to renovate, so it's so difficult to even think about writing or reading or being by myself, which he might need to still help with in some way.

And about the intuition... maybe this is the painful past trying to express itself like Kristi mentioned. I was a very sensitive and intuitive child, but this was not welcomed in my family. I was called crazy for voicing what I thought and felt, and made fun of because no one mirrored my thoughts. Naturally, I still fight myself questioning and doubting what I think, feel and/or dream, and sometimes even ridicule myself. In the past, I would go looking for someone to affirm me until my body would knock me down sick until I listened (until I met my husband). But, maybe not so much lately with him. hmm... However, I crave intuition so much that I don't have a cell phone, and we don't have cable, which means no TV - at all, and of course, I keep track of those dreams.

Thanks for this having this place, where people can read other people's dreams and experiences, express their own, and hopefully continue on that journey of self-discovery and growth (so spiritual for me).

Also, I hate to admit it, but I was skeptical about the bedroom furniture being an important part to this dream, until I dreamed last night that my husband bought me a couch that was so tiny only a baby could sit on it, and even then, his upper back and head would not be supported. And, it was an awful red/white plaid. And, he paid too much for it.

Hi M, Just putting this piece out here again, with a reminder that the messages psyche give us are ones that we are normally unconcsious of, hencing bringing them to light for us. And sometimes, it can take a bit of waking life contemplation to determine the message. We may have to consciously plumb more depths within to bring light to the issue, using the clues given in our dreams.

Kristi

M,
It is a good thing he is willing to listen. He has issues if he needs 'chick flicks' but if he is willing to listen then perhaps this is a good time to open up and let him know how you feel. Then be receptive of what he has to say and perhaps there will be a good end to the issue.

And please, so not give up on the intuitive aspect. At 59 I have realized the importance of possessing this inherent quality. Not only has it added me in my personal business and private life but genuinely provides an asset when dealing with people. And then there are the dreams. A couple of years ago, after 9 or 10 years of working with dreams, I began to sense things within dreams beyond the norm of just interpreting symbols. And it is all due to the intuitive mind I 'know' I possess.

{I may not remember the color of a person's eyes, or the hair or other traits but I automatically have a sense of the person as soon as I meet them. That is intuitive}.

You must learn to accept this 'gift'. It may not be the right time with all that is occurring in your life but that will change and when it does find the time to invest the energy in accepting this intuitive aspect. You are in the beginning stages of the mid-life thing and when changes do come {kids grow up, what was new becomes old, what was unimportant becomes the measure in your life} there will come that day when 'meaning' will become an issue and finding balance a cause. Then the intuitive aspect will be most rewarding, if you can let yourself accept the true being beneath the mask of expectancy.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present