Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Again with the flower..

I apologize for posting so much I have somany amazing dreams.
This is another dream I deemed 'insignificant' but after the last dream I decided to post it.

I'm wondering if it's same as the previous. Please let me know what you think.

I was at my grandfathers house. With me, some man about my age who was very friendly and likable but suspicious. There was also very tiny, very creepy 'ghost'..thing.

We were sitting on the front porch listening to my grandfather complain about a flower " No matter what I try it just wont stay dead" the other man grinned at me saying " Just like you huh" ( I'm always saying I can't die)
I got irritated and told him " I'm not some weak f-ing flower" then said that I didn't know why he wanted it it dead. It was pretty.

Later, I noticed that the flower was moving. The creepy ghost thing saw me grab my sword and asked what I was doing.
" I'm going to kill it."
With an evil grin he asked " Are you sure you want to do that?"
"Yah. I'm tired of the old mans complaining"
He just laughed.
As I got closer to it, it popped out of the ground (It was very cute. A round little two legged creature with big round eyes and the flower on top of his head) I chased it around and eventually killed it.
I felt bad for it, and angry at my grandpa for driving me to do such a thing. So I picked it up and held it in my hand.
When I looked at it again, it wasn't a defeated little monster, just a shredded flower.
Seeing this I could only stare in horror thinking
" What have I done.." and collapsed. The last thing I heard was that ghost, taunting me " I told you that was abd idea. Oh well, I guess we can't exist here anymore"

To me this sounds exactly like the other dream. Only much more negative and extreme.
Is there any specific reason for that,or could it just have been my mood?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26 seattle

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Again with the flower..

Kaze,
I provided my thoughts to this dream in your 'Dreaming in a Dream' post but I will restate here in this post also.

Kaze,

We need to determine what it is that has made you unhappy, besides what other people have wanted to make you to be. Hating yourself because you feel this is not your true self may be saying something about earlier life experiences that were 'traumatic' and left an impression on you. If they were strong enough experiences and negative in nature you mat have repressed them or just ignored them.

In this dream you are at your grandfather's house. That usually would say something about the relationship with your grandfather {one of the few times you can look at dream symbols literally} or some experience in his actual house {early life experiences since it involves the past - grandfather would be the old experiences}.

The 'tiny, creepy ghost thing' may be saying something about an experiences that was tiny {a tiny experience, frightful but not traumatic}. The ghost thing would represent ghosts in the unconscious. The man your age could be saying something about the present, present emotions about something from the past that was suspicious.

The flower is probably you. Some aspect of you may be dead. And it may involve experiences having to do with your grandfather or events in his house. Something taht was pretty has died.

You want to kill this aspect of yourself {cut away/remove the experience?}. I sense this thing is something from your past that needs to be cut away. That cutting would be the unconscious dream trying to get you to focus on this experience/event so to realize what it was and to work through the pain associated with it. Healing only begins when you confront the 'ghost thing' and put it in its proper place. Whatever the experience it does seem to be related to your grandfather or an experience involving him or his house.

"When I looked at it again, it wasn't a defeated little monster, just a shredded flower." This is probably a statement about you. You state in your dreams you are always 'awesome'. This experience hasn't defeated you but has caused a 'withering' of who you could/should be. Negative childhood experiences often cause a withering, can delay or deny proper personal growth. I had such experiences, developed late because of such childhood experiences. This may be addressing the same issues for you and may be the cause for why you feel you are not your true self.

The taunting would not only be from the past experience but also from the unconscious. The dream wants you to realize, remember these experiences. Dreams are therapeutic, they want to help heal what needs healing. You 'can not exist' in this state of limbo, not being your true self. And there is always a reason for not being that person and it usually involves past experiences.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

I did read your last interpretation. I hope I'm not being too much trouble making you reiterate but this has been very helpful and I really appreciate it.

Again, this hits the tip of the Freudian Iceberg.

I lived with my Grandparents far too long and I resented every minute of it. Even now when I go back I feel like it's a death sentence.

I was born with a very rare illness. I, being the ambitious ball of energy that could put the sun to shame-that I am, really didn't dwell on it and tried to live my life. My Grandmother wouldn't have any of it and stopped me at every turn.
Even now I say that " I can't ever forgive her. If it weren't for her, I could be so much more than I am.

As for an event I refuse to acknowledge well, since it was such a rare illness I ended being a ginua pig a lot of the time ( I would even now but refuse but I'm just not that good of a person)
The only medication cause a lot of terrible side effects like general sickness and stomach cancer. Many kids died because their parents wouldn't put them through that.
My Grandmother had the foresight to know that I would be better in the long run and I am in fact one if not 'the' healthiest.
Sometimes that woman get's very emotional, apologizing profusely telling em it must have been traumatizing and asking me to forgive her.
I find it annoying and tell her over and over " I'm not traumatized, I'm not angry, I;m grateful because it made me a stronger person"
She insist I'm putting up a 'tough front' but I'm not. It's really how I feel.
At least, I;m pretty sure but I don't know what other 'event' this dream could be referring too.
That must be the same as the flower being not a monster but a wilted flower. It has far from destroyed me, but hardened me a bit. I suppose that could be considered 'withered'.

The biggest frustration with this and the previous dream is that it cannot be resolved. I can't be 'myself' the 'myself' in my dreams is always right in the thick of it, always out fighting battles, even if she's just sparing with friends or fighting political battles.
In the real world, I'm trapped in this useless body without an outlet for this frustration. So it just builds up.
I have no idea how to deal with a problem that can't be solved. Are the dreams my subconscious' way of doing so?

I hope that wasn't too much personal information (It probably was) but it's obviously very relevant.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26 seattle seattle

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Kaze,
I will provide further thoughts to your response later today.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present