Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dog

My dream is very simple!
I woke up suddenly with a red/blond coloured dog standing over me/sstride me. I felt threatened and frighened. That was it really!
It was like those Victorian dreams where the devil was sitting on your chest??? I woke up very quickly.
Tahnks for any interpretation
Lesley

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 45 scotland

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Dog

Lesley,
The dream is most likely addressing something in your life that feels threatening. It probably is something that is recent but could also be something that has been with you for awhile and now is beginning to feel very threatening. Something that may now becoming to a head.
What is it that would feel threatening in your waking life. The color of the dog may provide clues {red/blond}. Looking at the possibilities of a dog in the HyperDream Dictionary may help resolve what this animal {nature} may represent in your dream.
Dog

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thanks Jerry,
I have long term and short term things going on which may fit the bill. So will look at those.
Also the dog colour is the same as my labrador. I kinda assumed it may be just that simple? But a dog often appears in my dreams. I always assumed it was the animal/my animus with which i identify most. That was why I think I was so shocked that it appeared in that frightening/threatening manner
cheers
Lesley

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Lesley,
An aspect of your animal nature yes but not necessarily an animus aspect. And the dog could represent something different in different dreams. If it is the same dog or very similar, or performed the same tasks or action then we would look at it as more likely to represent the same thing in different dreams. It could even represent masculine aspect but have other associations that are more the focus of the dream. That is why I suggest you look at recent and long term associations in your waking life. Since the dream is recent it is likely to be related to a recent experiences, or if deeper {the many dogs in your dreams} related to those long term emotional influences from the past. I think the better possibility it was something recent that stirred an emotion, which of course is what dreams are about. Our psychological condition which in turn is greatly affected by our emotional state of being.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thanks again for that Jerry, very insitefull
cheers
Lesley

stats from 7-14-10 to the present