Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tree people and the catapult

I found myself in what seemed to be a foreign land. The land was mostly grassland and there was a river to the north of me. There were people there which I could compare to cavemen. There were people like you and me they even spoke my language they were very tall like 6.5 ft and had what looked like thick tree bark all over their skin. They didn't have any houses to speak of or leave any trace of them actually living there. To my shock from over head "tree people" were flying through the air and smashing into the ground a head of me. It was terrifying. What could possibly cause this? One of the particularly tall men cried out and what I assume to be his wife yelled back at him saying "we don't need no religion!" he said back in a matter of fact voice "Oh yes we could!" "we have to change our evil ways. That is why I must go on the catapult" further down the river from the direction the treemen were flying from there was in fact a catapult with two white men manning it, the tall guy from earlier had been widdled down to a stick of a man to the point where his ribs were showing. As they launched him I prayed he wouldn't smash into the ground. He flew into the river with a splash. I ran down to the catapult. One of the men there looked at me and asked "you wanna ride next?" I'm thinking are you nuts? I could get killed!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 22 usa

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

Re: Tree people and the catapult

Hiya Ham

I will explain what I see in this dream, the others may elaborate or express alternate views. You see if what I say makes sense and take it from there. This is how I would interpret this dream were it mine and may not fit with your own intuitive feeling.

Overall the dream seems to be an internal dialogue regarding whether or not you need religion in your life. The discussion between the husband / father and wife / mother stand out to me. Your inner mother / nurturing / emotional side will not likely gain anything from religion ("we don't need no religion") but your father / authorative side does see a use for religion, in it's benefits in a moral discipline sense (we must change our evil ways").

Going in to more depth now, you start by saying you are in a foreign country. I can see two potentials here. Either religion / spirituality being a foreign part of your life that you have not explored much thus far along your life's journey.

The alternative which does not seem to strike me as making sense is that the next symbol (that of the cave men, or I would prefer to call the Green Man - the archetype I have identified these people as, specifically in the description "looked like thick tree bark all over their skin" and "didn't have any house to speak of or leave any trace of them actually living there) is foreign.

The reason this does not strike me is that the dream seems to be saying that this is the current spiritual influence in your life, as this is the part of you that is discussing the need for religion. I guess what I am asking is, have you learnt most of how the world works, and its reason for existance through nature?

Must leave will discuss more later.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28, Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Tree people and the catapult

What I mean when I say learnt from nature, is that you have learnt what you know of spirituality through what you have experienced directly in this life (rather than following doctrine external to your own experience - eg Religion).

If this is the case the nurturing, loving side that comes with most religions is probably not necessary for your personal needs. The way in which your religion would benefit you would be in providing a moral guide and perhaps more so a reason to follow it.

The 'evil ways' may not necessarily relate to hardcore evil like rape or murder, but could relate to more everyday things such as dishonesty, or addiction (not just drugs, but anything that is used in an out of balance way and is difficult habit to break out of).

The catapult is the final part of the dream, and is central to undertaking the Religious path that the masculine side of you feels it must undertake. The hunch I have as to why the catapult is used as a symbol here is that many Religious groups begin with an initiation or baptism into the group, that I could see being likened to a catapult that throws you into a whole new world / way of thinking.

I will also take a punt, it could be the ego that is saying I could die if I go into that catapult. The ego is usually at odds with the spiritual self and to commit to a Religion can open up to ideas that may take away some of the ego's control, resulting in something of a death in the ego. This results in apprehension and fear in undertaking this 'plunge'.

That is what I see, others may wish to build on, or offer alternative interpretations. What counts is what do you, Ham, think?

Kind regards
Rook

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28 - Perth, Western Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present