Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
my dad

i lost my dad a little over 2 years ago. we were very close. he had addiction problem for many years but for the last 5 of his life he was sober.
to get to the point i have only had bad dreams of him since his passing. in thses dreams i find out that he is not really dead that someone i know is hiding him. that the furnal was a fake that hes still here but hes useing agian. hes always so messed up in the dreams... my dad was a very loveing dad and in the dreams he looks right throgh me like im not even there. i have had this dream a few times , and its always someone else hiding him.

i hope someone could clear this up for me.
just wish i could have the good dream the one where i know that my daddys ok.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26, florida

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: my dad

Krystal,
In your unconscious {dreams being a portal to the unconscious psyche} your dad is not dead. He resides within those deepest folds of the unconscious, always a part of who you were, who you are, the relationship with him, the positives and the negatives. Memories, dreams, nightmares, they are all about you and the experiences from your life. And the unconscious knows all about what is really there, the emotions, the conflicts, unresolved issues. Through your dreams, with their symbolic language and metaphorical reference, you get an unbiased {by ego} look at those emotions, memories, dreams, conflicts, your life issues. Dreams attempt to inform the dreamer of the truth of these emotions, whether the ego wants to hear them or not, with a 'desire' to help resolve any conflicts. Dreams are therapeutic, a source of the unconscious contents.

The Dream
Since these are 'bad' dreams that probably suggests unresolved conflicts, in this case with your deceased father. Such dreams are prompted by life's experiences where there are unresolved issues.

The dream language "someone i know is hiding him". That someone is you. And it is most likely stating you are hiding, from yourself, some aspect of the relationship. Or there are unresolved issues you have yet to consciously confront and/or resolve. The 'he is really not being dead' is in reference to the issues with him that are not dead.

'but he is still using'. If the issues are negative and remain unresolved then he could still be using others, using you.

'he is always messed up'
That is probably how you saw him in his life, a true statement, showing the compassion for a flawed person {who isn't}. Dreams provide all aspects of our emotions. Despite his flaws you still loved him.
But it could also, and at the same time, be in regard to remember he was flawed and that must be taken into account. Dreams attempt to balance the psyche, and thus the person. Positive connotations are as well as the negatives are a part of all dreams. Trying to resolve the conflicts we must look at every aspect.

Are there unresolved conflicts with your dad? You may not have admitted to all that was there. Or they may just be conflicts that need resolving. Something is in conflict, the result such dreams.

Time will help, and if you work to let there be that healing process, confronting the issues, resolving them and putting them in their place. As long as they are hidden, hiding your dad and the relationship as it was, there will be bad dreams.

And finally, let me say from a Jungian spiritual point of view, your dad is doing just fine, where ever his soul may reside. All the myths {myths share much of the same language, in metaphorical reference, as do dreams} speak of that 'better place' after death, and although there is no way of really knowing that is true except by faith {short of dying}, there must be something to do it if all spiritual concepts suggest there is. Myths are our collective dreams {as dreams are reflections of our true selves, our collective psyche are given expression by the creation of myths, humanity's collective stories/religions}. If the myths speak of such things then they must be true. It is a hidden truth that can ultimately can not be known by the feeble minds of humans.

And I believe there is a better place. This human journey, it is full of sorrows. If we can temper that with the great many positive aspects of life, then that will only make this life better.

Perhaps the closest philosophy I know that says the most about death is from a mystic Islamic sect. It says
"when the angle of death approaches it is horrific,
but when it reaches you it is bliss"

It is more the fear of death that bothers us than death itself. It is a matter of changing ones thinking to get past the psychological conflicts such fear brings about.

Here is my page on Death in a Dream that may be useful for you.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: my dad

thank you so much

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26, florida

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

stats from 7-14-10 to the present