Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Graphic dream

I just started studying Jung a few months back although I have read a great deal about psychology and eastern philosophies.

A few nights ago, I had a very disturbing dream. Many parts of it I can't remember; however, I remember the gist of the dream. I was backstage at a theatre sometime in the 1700s. There was a man dressed like a three muskateer (no hat) who had a sword in his belt. For some reason he was paralyzed and couldn't defend himself. I took his sword and cut him deeply in several places, finally cutting across his throat. I was aware I was killing him! I left him knowing that he would bleed to death. I ran away because I didn't want to get caught. I was outside running away when I knew that somehow he had become un-paralyzed, bleeding profusely but coming after me to seek revenge. I "knew" that he was going to catch me and remember thinking to myself I am going to die so I need to just accept it and make peace with it.

I can't remember much more. I wish I had written it down right when I woke up but I was so disturbed by the violence in the dream.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 45 - Texas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Graphic dream

Simone,
Having studied Jungian psyche you probably know something of his thoughts on dreams. The characters/actors in the dream, especially the unnamed characters would represent some aspect of yourself. Since these are men featured in the dream then it would be safe to say they represent a masculine aspect. The plot opens in the 1700s. That may suggest some waking experience of recent that prompted the dream, or it may be speaking metaphorically in numbers with the 17 representing an age when you were younger {that does happen in dreams}. Or it could be addressing an experiences that involved men.
The musketeer uniform is probably symbolic of something, a musketeer being a soldier with a weapon. Or it could be eluding to the musketeer as in the 3 musketeers, a metaphorical references to the trinity of life {body, mind and soul}.

The actions of the dream suggest there is some aspect within your psyche that has been paralyzed and may need 'cutting' out so to better understand the emotional associations. The fact you cut 'him' in several places suggest you may have been emotionally cut in several instances or the experiences in question have affected many different emotions. You are killing yourself over this emotional experience. Slowly bleeding in your unconscious because this aspect remains unresolved. You are probably running away from this emotional experience {which was related to some physical experience in the past but still remains an emotional conflict}.

The revenge part may be alluding to a desire to assert some real revenge in your waking life. Or it may be merely stating you are 'getting back at yourself' for letting this emotional experience happen or that it continues to bother you. You are afraid it is going to finally catch up with you, meaning you will ultimately have to confront whatever it is that has paralyzed you. When you do this, confront it, resolve the issue, it will change you {dying} into a better person.

What experiences in life are there that may have in some way paralyzed you? Look at at earlier life for the answers, perhaps as early as 17. This experience is something that has cut deep and often, suggesting it may have been an experience you had more than once. It is something you are running away from because of the emotional distress it has caused and still causes. You try to put it in the back of your mind {backstage} but until it is resolved it will continue to be the main feature in many of your dreams.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present