Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
very strange..

I apologize; this dream is so very long, but it's so strange I have to know what (if anything) it's about)

I was on a boat with my little sister. ( Not my real sister a 'dream sister') We were on our way to someplace of great importance. There were a hundred or so others; people who where hired to make sure we reached our destination.

The boat was suddenly sucked into a whirl pool.

When we came to we my sister and I were sitting on what was apparently the ocean floor. It was pitch black except for a circle of blue light and there were hundreds of clocks just floating in space, all on different times.
The ground was littered with corpses. We were the only ones to survive and I had the feeling it wasn't a coincidence; someone had set a trap for me.

The darkness lifted and a man showed up. He was very thin, with eyes sunk in to the point that I could barley see them. He wore only pants and some sort arm protectors and gloves.

I just glared at him.

After a few moments of silence he went on an arrogant, long winded speech
" Time. It rules over everything. Plants, animals, humans. They all die. Even stars will eventually die and dragging everything in its orbit to nothingness."

All of the clocks turned to the same hour and a few of the drown passengers came 'to life' (zombies)
he went on " Not even the dead can escape the rule of time. They will decompose and be forgotten"
The animated bodies attacked me and I cut them all down.
The man who controlled them chided me in a mocking tone " How awful you are! Cutting down your former comrades without a second thought!"

I explained calmly " Your mind games wont work on me. They are dead and so should they remain."

I attacked him. Cut him many, many times, but it only served to slow him down, and not very much.
he in turn shot me a few times ( he had to guns. They seemed incredibly out of place.

He laughed. Saying that as long as he could see a clock, he would constantly regenerate.
It was horrific really. Even though he said 'regenerate, his wounds wouldn't actually close. They just did not continue to affect him.
He was covered in blood to the point that I couldn't make out any of his features and his wounds continued to ooze as I relentlessly hacked him to bits.

I too, was quite bloody from his wounds, and my own.

Hearing his explanation I told my sister to destroy all of the clocks. She had smashed a great number of the clocks.

The man noticed this. " Clever. But how about this" The clock hit '9' " Looks like your number is up."
Everything started to fade to black. All I could
hear was his voice telling me to cut down my sister.

I tried to resist but then I heard my sister scream and in the darkness I saw what looked like a large amount of blood splatter in front of me and heard the sound of metal hitting the ground.

// I didn't..I couldn't have..!// My vision started to clear and I noticed that my arm wouldn't move. I looked down to see that I had slashed throw my own arm from my elbow to the bottom of my hand.
Still my expression remained unreadable while my sister stared in horror.

The man was obviously surprised. " How reckless, to discard your only means to fight back. .What will you do now?"

I shook my head " Your wrong. That sword was only a liability. I'll kill you...somehow."

He shook his head and shot me again. Still, I just stared stoically at him.

This annoyed him " Then I'll finish you right now" He aimed his gun at my head but he only grazed the flower I wore in my hair.
I caught the petals in my hand. They became like charms that floated around us both.

He lost his composure " What the hell is this!?"

" You can't hurt me anymore and you won't regenerate again."

" But..time is on my side nothing can-.."

" Did you know that some Lotus flowers sleep during the day and bloom at night? You could say that they transcend the law of time. In this space ( inside the lotus flower) your powerless. You can't win"

He just stared in disbelief. I reached down to pick up my sword with my uninjured arm. While off his guard I slashed him across the eyes. They didn't regenerate and he fell to his knees screaming like a mad man while all of the clocks rapidly spun in no particular order.

I just shook my head disgusted with his weakness. I coudn't even bring myself to finish him off and just waited to be finished off by his own injuries which were no longer healing.

He kept begging me to let him live.

"Be quiet and return to this 'nothing' your so fond of."

Then I woke up.

But does this madness have any meaning or have I just been;watching too much cartoons?" Is that possible. to have a 'meaningless' dream.

The only thing I believe may have any meaning was the number nine. It was apparently "mine" could that too, be completely random?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26 seattle

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: very strange..

Kaze,
All dreams have meaning, some more important than others. This detailed dream is difficult to translate but the jest seems to be addressing unconscious attitudes that have been repressed {locked away} but are coming to the surface. You are probably reliving events that were/are negative. It is something you can't get away from emotionally {clocks/time}.

The question becomes, who is the man in your dream? Is it a real person or aspects of your own psyche that are attacking you? My 'guess' it is both.

The self aspects would be defined in terms of masculinity because they are actions of conflict. I sense a dialog with yourself from the language in the dream. Should you fight these emotions or let them linger within the unconscious where you may have tried to repress them? That is inner conflict< something you wish you could' finish off' and not have to give energies to any longer.

The real person possibility may be tied to your grandparents, particularily your grandfather, and the emotional conflicts there. These emotions keep resurfacing and no matter what you do they {emtions} keep coming alive when you thought they may under control {zombies}. You described your feelings toward your grandparents and the man in the dream could in many ways rep[resent your grandfather. You may have deep feelings of anger that in ways make you wish you could finish him off for the emotional pain he has caused in your life.

As for your liitle sister. She may represent that vulnerable side of yourself. Although you may remain strong most of the time dealing with these issues, there are those times you feel weak and vulnerable to the emotions. She is that self, a part that needs protection even though she has a strong 'sister' lloking out for her [yourself}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

That man, I remember him now. He was in another dream ( a VERY emotionally vivid one)
I was some sort of nobility and he was my best friend as a kid. We would make fun of my family and wonder 'why they're so stiff'.
Eventually we grew up. he ended up going off in some war and before he left I promised I would never become 'like them'.
When he returned he found out I'd broke my promise;became cold and unforgiving.
He wanted so badly to see me that he started committing murders just to draw me out. After sentencing many people, whom I knew were innocent to death ( I didn't want to do, but I felt powerless) I left, on my own to confront him. He seemed happy to see me, tried to speak to me, but I wouldn't have it. I simply cut him down and walked away, again, the last thing he did was tear that flower out of my hair)

I actually had the original dream again since posting this. There was far more dialog which seemed of significance.

It began after I'd cut my own arm

My sister: You have a plan?
Me: Not at all
Him You never do. Shoot first, ask questions latter. Isn't that right?

When he aimed for my head this time, I knew I couldn't avoid it. I just smiled sadly as if to say" I'm sorry"

After he hit the flower and he had lost he cried "you would kill me twice? You truly are terrible"

Thats when he fell on his knees. I sank to my knees to meet him " I know"

He reached out a bloody hand to wipe the hiar hair from my face " I only wanted to see you again. Was I wrong?"
I just looked away with disgust.

He suddenly threw his arms around my shoulders " Please, just tell me you forgive me!!"

I pried his hands off of me " I can't"

He screamed terrible and the world shattered. When I came to, I was half leaning on my sister while she bandaged my arm.
She asked "He said he wanted to see you again. Did you know him"
I wouldn't even look at her. "No
( and obvious lie)

Not sure if that dialog makes any difference, my only guess is that the man is more an extension of myself rather than someone else, yes?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: seattle, 26

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

kaze,
The man is fictional but in the dream world very real. He represents something within you that is telling about your true self, and most likely why you broke your promise not to become like him ,"became cold and unforgiving".

But perhaps the most important thing about this dream man is he is pointing to your childhood {"he was my best friend as a kid"}. This is what 'he' may be trying to 'draw out of you, 'who you are at the age of 26 and why'. Why you have 'become cold and unforgiving'.

But you keep cutting him off, this 'strong' aspect of yourself that can lead to that true flower that wants and needs to grow personally {overcoming those negative traits}.

"I simply cut him down and walked away, AGAIN".

My sister: You have a plan?
Me: Not at all
Him You never do. Shoot first, ask questions latter. Isn't that right?

You need a plan to overcome these emotional issues.

The obvious lie is to yourself, not addressing the issues head on.
And the man. He could be a real person who also needs confronting. Is there such a person in your life?

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

I don't want to be who I was when i was a little kid either but not so cold either.
I have a very difficult time finding a 'happy medium any conscious attempt is simply shut down because it hurts too much to think about. ( since I know I won't ever find it)

As for someone in my life needing comfort I don't think so. Even if there were I'm better off staying out of it. I would probably make it worse.

One more thing I don't quite follow; if I was the one who broke my promise, why was he asking me to forgive him? is there importance in this?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: seattle 26

Kaze

I think they are all different aspects of you. The 'person' needing comfort is a part of your psyche. The person who needs you to forgive them is you needing to forgive yourself, from my point of view anyhow.

I would say the dream is addressing internal struggles. Something you have done but not forgiven yourself for?

Hope that helps.

Rook

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28, Australia

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

kaze,
He would represent your masculine self. You are asking yourself for forgiveness.

The someone needing comfort is you.

If you think you will never find it, you won't.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present