Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dreaming of Childhood Home, closet

Lately I've had a few dreams that center around the closet in the room in which I spent my childhood and adolescence. The closet is always much bigger in my dream than in reality.

In one dream, I had notes written all along the closet wall - some from myself, like a diary, and others that friends had written - almost like a yearbook.

In another, the closet was huge. Like a dark spare room and I was looking through the things I had left and forgotten - baby clothes, old shoes, books, all sorts of things. In addition, other people fit in the closet with me and were making something - food or drink or science experient, I'm not sure.

Last night I dreamed about seeing something I had painted on the wall of the closet and noticed when glancing in it.

In all these dreams, I am visiting my mother's home. I do not live there.

Thanks for any help/wisdom!
Holly

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23, Atlanta

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Dreaming of Childhood Home, closet

Holly,
Closets usually symbolize something in your life that you have kept hidden or signify an unveiling of previously hidden aspects of yourself. Since this closet was within room as a child it probably represents experiences from that period of time. These experiences may be benign, memories stimulated from recent waking experiences. But they could also be pointing to 'repressed' or ignored more traumatic emotional experiences from childhood.

What was your childhood like? Were there any 'bad' experiences that you may want to forget or repress? The imagery in the dream seems to be pretty much benign but there may be deeper emotions involved from your childhood.

Other possibility along the same lines of thought is the dream may be pointing to personality aspects. Paintings, science experiments, a diary, these may point to those early life experiences that have helped formed your personality. Do you and your mother have a lot in common personality wise?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present