Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Eating a Rabbit

Hi,

So... I napped for a few hours today, and had a pretty vivid dream that I remembered upon awaking.

Basically, I ate a slice of rabbit meat (which I have never done in real life, I am a vegan) that the people --I don't remember who they were but I think it was a mother and daughter for some reason-- who gave me the rabbit, for some reason I felt indebted to... maybe because they were letting me stay at their house in the dream. Anyway, I really liked the taste of it, and I swallowed it then realized it wasn't vegan or even vegetarian and was annoyed I had eaten it... and also perplexed... and for some reason, I wanted to tell someone, I wanted someone to be proud of me for eating it. So, I was about to bbm my friend (he's this guy I've had this complicated, weird relationship with for the past 3 months-- we like each other a lot, but we both hate relationships/ run away in relationships, so we're both being really passive... it's this really weird balancing act we're doing... ANYWAY he always jokingly makes fun of me for being a vegan, him being an omnivore and all, and so i thought he'd be proud i ate meat) to tell him I ate a rabbit, but then realized I didnt care, I didnt want him to know-- I'm not really sure why i changed my mind, but I did, and realized I didnt want anyone to know that I had eaten a rabbit.

Anyway, these two people offered me another slice, and again, I sort of forgot it wasn't vegan and took a bite, then remembered and went over to the trash to spit it out-- spit it out while thinking about how i may as well swallow it because i had already eaten the previous slice and because now the poor rabbit was just going to waste rather than being eaten-- but i had already spit it out, so i went back to the people and for some reason still had a desire to eat more rabbit, because i temporarily forgot again that it wasnt vegan. Anyway, they took the rest of my slice, which for some reason angered me (it was like i was stuck between wanting to eat the rabbit and kinda forgetting it wasnt vegan-- and not wanting to eat the rabbit because i slightly remembered it wasnt vegan)... and they told me that i had the best slice and that they wanted it for themselves (which of course made me want it even more)... anyway I finally was like , whatever, I dont want to eat the rabbit... and then my dream transitioned into some weird ocean scene which i mostly forget the details of.

This dream was just really odd, because usually i dont think that much in dreams, i just act-- but i was thinking a lot in this dream, and remember all my thought processes-- it was just really obscure. I looked up what eating & rabbits mean and I'm not sure exactly what symbolism would apply to this dream and whether or not there are other, more important elements that perhaps i missed, other than rabbits/ eating.

Sorry for the majorly stream of consciousness post, but it's 4am and i should go back to sleep :)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 19, NYC

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Eating a Rabbit

Katie,
I sense the dream is focusing on the 'complicated, weird relationship' you are having and the desire to prove something {other than just being a vegan}. The key would be what eating the rabbit would symbolize. That may be something personal, something only you would know.

A possibility. Look at those things you haven't ever done previously and goes against your instincts or usually way of doing things. It may involve something you want to prove to your boyfriend. Is there anything your bf expects of you but you have yet to prove yourself?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present