Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Niece's Dreams

I'm intrigued by 2 dreams that my 18 yr old niece recently had and I really appreciate any insights. She felt she should tell me about the dreams as I was both in them and they both took place at my house. My deceased father, who I was close to, is in both dreams also. To make is easier for my I'm going to just give you the dreams in her words...

'so i had this dream that we (you me brigit kevin justin and some other people who i didn't really see the faces of) were going into your house by the basement and i unlocked it and said Maria I hear something like i think there's someone in there, so we all starting freaking out and brigit and i ran down to my house and watched people go in ur house to look for someone and before that you were telling me how al t has been leaving you notes all throughout your house saying stuff like I'm gonna get you for dumping me, you're gonna regret dumping me and all this other stuff and then everyone, minus brigit and me, were in your house searching for him and eventually grandpa* and all the guys got a* and went to the cops and we all ended up at aunt a****e's house and grandpa was there telling the story of how your safe and everything and that's basically it... but the weird part is i had another dream about grandpa two days ago that he was at your house and i saw him and gave him a big hug and asked him what he was doing and he didn't say anything but showed me he was digging a grate in your ditch by your mailbox and he was so proud of it .. so i was thinking maybe grandpa is trying to tell me something about you that mybe you need to like watch out for your ditch or someone in your house or something...'

*The man who was 'leaving me notes' is not a threat in any way but the ex husband has been a threat psychologically.

So! I think this forum is great and if anyone would like to comment...that would be wonderful!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 52 Pa

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Niece's Dreams

Maria,
Dreams of a teenager are usually reflections of recent waking experiences that address the ego personality of the dreamer. And your niece's dream is addressing her emotions and any relatives would be addressing the relationship she has/had with them. The ditch in the second dream would not be a warning to you but a sign of some symbolic reference concerning your niece. The fact the dream actions occur in your house may be saying something about an experience that occurred there or a statement about the relationship between your niece and you. The same with her grandpa.

A good way to address such dreams {dreams of a younger person are much different, and usually more difficult to understand, from an older adult, especially someone over 40} is to look for clues within the dream that match waking life experiences. The "saying stuff like I'm gonna get you for dumping me, you're gonna regret dumping me" may be one of those clues. Are there recent experiences that may fit with the 'dumping' theme? The houses where this occurred may be actual places involved in the experiences or they could represent associations between the owners of the houses and your niece. Dreams are from the unconscious realm, they are direct links to the unconscious mind 'of the dreamer'.

The psychological threats from the ex-husband {I assume he is your ex}, were there any experiences between him and your niece that may have influenced such dreams? The inclusion of your house in the dream may be addressing your niece's anxieties about your ex. Basements represent the unconscious mind and any fears that are associated with a particular place or person that have not been fully examined often show up in our dreams.

One last comment. Dreams of a younger person are often benign in any real meaning. Artificial fears/anxieties may be a part of a young person's dreams since they have yet to form a total ego personality that is 'wise' enough {grandpa} to understand the anxieties.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present