Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Blood on hands

I have recently been bombarded with dreams. Last evening I dreamt that I was back in the town of my childhood and running down the street at night. Something was chasing me; I looked down at the palms of my hands and both had slices in them across the palms and I was bleeding, hence I closed them in a fist to stop the bleeding then woke up. I wasn't afraid or scared when running. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I've had a couple other dreams but seemed more tied to reality. I received my IRS refund the other day, then had a dream that night they called and wanted my mileage reports for examination. I also watched a news show about a woman with a down's syndrome baby, then dreamed that night that there is something different about my newest baby that is reality is due in a few days. Thoughts or too much TV

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47 Ohio

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Blood on hands

Bob,
The last two dreams first. Both would probably be classified as 'anxiety' dreams reflecting the anxieties of the stress from the two waking experiences {IRS, expectant baby}. I wouldn't worry too much about either unless there is some guilt involved with the mileage reports. But that too would be something unlikely for the IRS to want to inspect unless you are a self employed person with other questionable deductions {I have been self employed most of the past 30+ years}. And the baby with DS was surely spurred by the news show.
If it were your wife having downs syndrome baby dream then there may be a "small" cause for apprehension since the body can provide the mother with information about physical conditions that have yet to be consciously known. But even that possibly is rare. You are the dad so don't worry about it.

As for the first dream. That may be something you need to give a deeper examination to. Often dreams of childhood experiences are indeed addressing unresolved issues from the period of the time in the dream. This is something I have commented at the Dream Forum on several occasions. In most instances the pattern of such childhood dreams hold true. Especially if the dream provides a distinct age in childhood and an event that was a negative emotional experience {as in physical or psychological abuse, or a lack of proper love and acceptance as a young child}. Most everyone possesses a 'wounded child' within their psyche due to some negative emotional experience{s} as a child. If there is a severe case of the 'wounded child' then such dreams would become common, especially as you grow older and begin to reflect on your life {the first half of life is spent looking forward, the second half looking back}. At the age of 47 you are deep in that stage of mid-life and the dream experiences tend to focus on unresolved psychological issues. The fact you have been 'bombarded' with dreams may indicate a rush of emotional issues due to stresses in life. With the upcoming event of having a new baby the possibility of your own childhood experiences as a child may be enhanced.
On the other hand the stress factor of having a new baby along with other stresses in life may produce a dream like yours that is purely symbolic and is geared to emotional stresses in your present waking life, representing some issue other than true childhood experiences.
Such is the way of dreams.

The First Dream
The aspect of the dream that most attracts my attention is the need to 'to the stop the bleeding'. The child running down the street could be focusing on either {or both] issues of the expectant baby {anxieties of having a baby} and/or a true emotional experience as a child where you are 'running from something'.
I say either/or because all dreams have at two two interpretations. One will fit the present waking life and the other will usually address unconscious issues from the past or some other unresolved emotional issue.

Night often represents the unconscious. Unconsciously you may be running away from an emotional issue from childhood. Dreams usually have a set sequence of events and the opening of a dream usually sets the stage for what issue the dream is wanting to inform the dreamer. Some emotional issue is chasing you. And it involves childhood, either/or yours or some other issue involving a child. I think we can dismiss a purely symbolic possibility {the child would be something else other than a child} and focus on a childhood experiences.
The slices across the palm of 'both' hands may be symbolic of an ability to stop the emotional energy {bleeding' of an issue you have yet to confront or just beginning to realize and confront. Of the two possible interpretations that would fit with the expectant baby but the second interpretation would also fit with someone who has unresolved and unconscious issues from childhood. But the overwhelming issue in the dream {at least for me} would be 'stopping the bleeding' indicating something remains unresolved within your unconscious psyche. The issue may have been prompted by the fact you are expecting a new baby and the issues you faced would be a concern for your new born. And, again, at mid-life such issues begin to reappear, needing a resolution of the unresolved issues from childhood.

How to determine if the later is true. Take time to look back at your childhood and see what issues may be there that are unresolved. If the interpretation fits a real life issue then it most likely is the proper interpretation. Most likely you are aware of such issues but have hidden them within the deeper unconscious so not to have to confront the issues.
Are there 'major' unresolved issues from childhood? Issues that not only were emotional but probably have had an influence on personality and who you are in the present day. Take time to examine your childhood and see what is there. If enough effort is given to this task you will be amazed at what other memories pop up. Unresolved issues will begin to appear consciously.
Then, and only then, can there be a healing of these issues.

I have taken the long approach to addressing your dream post and I hope I have not lost your interest. I do so not only to help you better understand how dreams function but also with an eye on others who may view the dream. Dreams are a wondrous thing and if paid attention to will help a person better understand them-self, and with proper attention help resolve any unresolved emotional issues whether from the past or from recent waking experiences.

One further possibility. If there are unresolved childhood issues then the dream of the DS baby may be a product of your 'unnatural' childhood. And the dream of the IRS may represent a 'higher' authority looking for 'discrepancies' in your life {as a child}. Dreams always tie the pieces together to form a whole. Except the dream language is of symbol and metaphor.

Your response may provided further insights to the possibilities.

As for mid-life issues I suggest you read my pages on the subject beginning with Mid-Life Issues For Men & Women.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present