Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Salty ring

Hi again,

very,very curious about another dream from a few weeks ago. This dream felt very special. When i dreamed it i was on holiday in Egypt.

I'm in my parents house. I walk upstairs into my parents bedroom. I am conscious of me having a golden ring from my mother in real life. I then open her jewelrybox and see another golden ring. I immediately remember this ring...know that my mother has this ring for a long time already.
I pick up the ring and wonder if maybe my mother doesn't mind me wearing this golden ring also. (it doesn't fit her anymore)
I walk downstairs into the livingroom where my mother sits in a chair. While walking downstairs i look at the ring. First it is just the ring as how i remember it, but when i look at it longer and longer the ring changes (though it feels like the ring has always been that way). Instead of one white stone, there suddenly are far more little stones and they blink in colours...red, yellow, green. I'm in an aawww..and i walk to my mother to show her the ring. While walking to her, still looking at the ring, it is like i'm zooming in. I can look between the little stones and then see that all of the ring is covered with little layers of salt...between the little stones i see salty things, like little needles...in the dream i'm searching for the right word for the 'needles'..ending up with the word stalagtite (don't know if this is an english word; those things you see in a cage). It then feels like i'm holding a real treasure here.

Greetings,
Mask

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 netherlands

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes, long, long ago

Re: Salty ring

Mask,
Again in your parent's house and this time a direct reference to your mother. Rings are instruments of committed relationships and being gold may suggest a true identity within yourself. Perhaps you identity with your mother in some form or it may suggest similar personality traits and/or experiences you both possess.
This ring doesn't fit her {mother} anymore. Has something changed in her life? Is your father still living or are they still married? Are you married {ring/committed relationship?}.

Could it be that what you are in 'aawww' in the dream is something your mother once possessed and you wish to possess? This thing would be a treasure to have.

I am getting the impression this dream and the earlier post are addressing issues that you and your mother may have shared or share. Or something she possesses{ed} that you wish you had. Is there anything that fits with this? It could have to do with relationships.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Ring:
I am a ring. I was once a present from a man to a woman, a symbol for his love for her. I was golden with a little diamond. After years i became too small for the womans fingers, so i was kept in a jewelrybox. Until recently. The womans daughter, also a symbol/present for the love between the man and the woman, opened the box and noticed me. I was recognized by her...the love from the man to the woman was recognized. Recognized and remembered. After years i got to leave my hidingplace and was shown to the one whose present i once was. The daughter studied me and noticed my beauty. During all years i got even more beautiful, had grown more little diamonds, each one in another colour, all very shiny. But during all those years i got covered with salt, like millions of tears had fallen down on me...grief leaving its traces...salt...the afterproduct of the tears. The salt had even formed sort of stalagtites...found in these beautiful caves, where waterdrops are falling down so slowly that they forms these beautiful things. The daughter knows i don't fit her mothers finger anylonger and asks her if she can have me. I know this will mean the ending of the salt, like the daughter has come out of a cave...almost like being born...

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Hmm...after trying to see things out of the rings perspective something seems to show...

"After years i became too small for her fingers, so i was kept in a jewelrybox.."
My mother couldn't "hold on to me" any longer. The jewelrybox as a place "to keep precious things". What i experience is that i have the feeling my mother worries a lot about me. She says she doesn't, but i don't feel quite free. I know i have part in this as well, i think. The ring got salty because of my own tears...grief. And maybe it's not only my mother who kept me "in the box", but even more i kept myself hidden. Because she seemed to have forgotten about the ring in her jewelrybox. I was the one who needed to find/remember/recognize it...and it is my self.
All tears seem to have swept...only salt is left...i only need to get rid of the salt, but on the other hand...salt, as an afterproduct of tears, is what makes th ring very beautiful and special. I think this could refer to all things one experiences in his/her life...all these experiences are what makes a person who is today...

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present