Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Zamboni accident

The dream starts with myself, my brother, my father and my sons at an amusement park in the snow.

My brother and I leave my son with my father and go off to go on some rides. My brother and his friend are going on a bob-sled ride, but there is no room for me. I am about to walk down the hill and meet them at the bottom when I come across a sky rail that follows the same path. I get on the sky rail and call out to my brother that I am coming.

But there is something wrong with the (blue) skyrail, it is not turning properly / staying on the track. It is supposed to do this itself but I have to, with great physical effort, lift the skyrail off the track and manually turn it. It is too much work and eventually the skyrail falls off the track and plunges 500 metres to the ground below. As I am falling I lose contact with the sky rail and whilst entering the canopy of pine and spruce trees I manage to grab a branch to stop my fall, a miracle.

I then meet up with my brother and tell the ride operator that the sky rail isn't working properly, but they say its impossible and I am making it up, I couldn't possibly fall that far uninjured. I try to tell them not because I want any compensation but so others aren't hurt but they won't listen, so we go to collect my son and father.

My son is in a play area for kids and at first I am concerned that my father is not there, but then spot him watching him while enjoying a coffee. We leave the amusement park.

On the road home we see a blue zamboni coming the wrong way along the road in my lane. It tries to do a three-point turn but spins 360 instead and keeps coming on. I swerve only slightly to the left but it is enough to knock a fast moving red tractor into the path of the zamboni. The two have a massive accident and the zamboni crushes the red tractor completely killing the driver. I pull over to help however I can, but my father says not to stop because it could be seen as my fault and I may go to jail.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28 - Perth, Western Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Zamboni accident

Hi Rook,

hah, i first had to find out what a zamboni is, but now i know.

Your dream is of snow and ice (zamboni). An amusementpark in the snow. Snow/ice could symbolize frozen feelings, but i don't know your own associations with snow (to me snow is a something fun and pure)

Your son and father. Your son could refer to your inner child and your father to your inner adult (authority figure). I see the amusementpark as life itself. Life is to be enjoyed, but you leave your son with your father while you are trying to 'live'. Leaving your son with your father could mean that maybe you are to hard on your inner child...maybe you are too serious in parts of your life?
There's is no room for you in the bob-sled ride, so you get on the sky rail. I see the bob-sled ride as something challenging. There is no room for you in the bob-sled might mean that you feel left out in the more challenging parts of life. Instead of this you get on the sky-rail (blue). Sky, blue, air...maybe instead of taking real part in life, in the things you really want/like, you flee in dreams...
But there's something wrong with the skyrail. It is supposed to do things itself, but you have to do it yourself with great physical effort. Could it be that you dream...that you have certain dreams and that you expect them to come true? Do you so much want them to come true that it makes you very tired, even before realy having started to make the dream come true by yourself? Do you get so tired that you 'fell down' (got ill, burn-out or something like that?).
You falling down that far, uninjured, i think means that a human has lots of strength. Maybe its you yourself who doesn't belief in this inner strength?
You go to get your son..trying/learning to be more playfull again? But you are concerned that your father is not there. Is this the inner authority speaking again? Not being able to play freely, but already critisizing yourself? But you spot your father and watch him while enjoying a coffee. Maybe the coffee is there as a symbol saying: "Stay awake."
And one is able to stay awake (no longer dreaming/on the sky-rail) when he's doing the things he really enjoys (doing the more challenging things/the bob-sled ride). Just like a child can play for hours and hours without getting tired, when it's playing with something he really likes.

Then the zamboni..
I think it's not so much the zamboni, but the last sentences: "I pull over to help however i can, but my father says not to stop because it could be seen as my fault and i may go to jail." Right now i even think about the relationship you and your father had when you we're a kid. Did your father happen to be an authority figure? Could it be that your own critisizing thoughts are words your father could have said? Stopping to see if you could be of any help, but afraid it could be seen as your fault and afraid of getting punished for it. It really feels like there are some things (the dreams) you like to do/make happen, but that you are standing behind yourself like a father behind a kid..the father with a lifted finger, pointing and warning that if something goes wrong it is your own fault. But is there really such thing as 'going wrong'? And if so, what so wrong if things do go wrong? You might fall, but you have the power to get things right again...

Hmm, maybe i'm totally, totally wrong here...(but even that doesn't matter )

Edit: the zamboni is for making 'a way better to go'. It tries to turn around, but it turns 360 degrees and crashes with the tractor, killing the driver. I think both zamboni and tractor (their drivers) are you. You seem to want to clear your path/way. And the tractor (the one you were till now) is just 'on its way'. The 360 degree turn feels like a total turn around in life...a total change. To get to a total change one has to confront himself. The tractor driver gets killed. The tractor driver is the one in charge of your life till now. Before something new can start the old has to die.

Greeting,
Mask

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 netherlands

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes, long, long ago

Hi Mask

Thank you very much. There was a direct relation to an event in my life at the time of the dream that I extracted after posting, but you kind of had to be me to see that and how well the symbols fit.

But from what you have seen I can see undertones of other applications to my life, in particular my writing and life path. See my plan always was to become a writer after I had another career, but I always tell myself I am too tired to do anything on it in the evenings after everything else is put out the way. What the dream might be saying is that I have more strength than I think.

I just need to sit down and get back into it if I want to achieve these dreams. The bob-sled would be an association with my brother who has not yet settled, is off representing his country in sport, and having those sorts of adventure. There is no room for me to do this, I have had my share of that and taken a different path.

The fall would be those dreams crashing down. I think that relates to something I was pondering the other day, that I could have become a writer, but if I stay in the pattern that I am in now, where I put off and put off, I very well may lose that dream.

So thank you Mask. I think you have shown something I may have otherwise overlooked.

Cheers,
Rook

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28 - Perth, Western Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

"But i always tell myself i am too tired to do anything on it..." This almost hit me in the face while reading it...i could have written it myself. Isn't it a (little) bit of a waist to let dreams pass by because of thinking we are too tired or by any excuse we're making ourselves. At least that is what i'm trying to learn right now. By asking myself when i'm thinking i'm too tired for something at a time: "But am i really tired?, What is really holding me back from it?" I believe that i a lot of cases it's not really tiredness (or some other excuse). I think it all has to do with not believing in ourselves...not having the faith that we really could accomplish our dreams.
Hmm,well, while writing this last sentence my two jet fighters return to mind...i will put my thoughts at with dream...

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 netherlands

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present