Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Snowy, shape-shifting dream. Any clues for interpretation?

I had a dream that I was walking on a highway going away from where I lived. Suddenly the road was covered with snow. The snow was getting deeper. I sat down on the side of the road and put all my things on the ground. I had my dog with me but he kept changing shapes -- once he looked like he had a cat's body with a small head more like an opposum then he was a very small dog. He was chasing another small dog. I saw many people walking toward me and I joined them walking in the direction from where I had come. Suddenly I was in a place that I felt was California, but I am not sure.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 54 Arizona

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Snowy, shape-shifting dream. Any clues for interpretation?

Brenda,
In some aspect of your life you are going in the opposite direction you normally would take. The deep snow probably represents deep emotions including unexpressed emotions that have grown deeper over time. You are laying bare all that you are.

The dog may represent your changing attitudes/aspects over your life. The dog changing shapes may represent the changes in your life, possibly including your own physical shape. You tend to return to the norms in your life despite the desire to move on to better places/things.

The dream seems to be focusing on the inner self and an examination of those aspects. Are you at a stage in life where you want to move on to better/other things but you keep returning to the same old routines?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Snowy, shape-shifting dream. Any clues for interpretation?

Jerry,

Thank you so much for your reply. Yes, what you said makes total sense regarding my current life situation. I feel that I have returned to old patterns, at least internally --- old attitudes and behaviors that have never worked but I, for some reason, keep going there. I have repressed a lot of feelings. I have also found myself lately in a situation that is just unbearable and I have been ready to give up --- for good. Nothing has been working for me. I have been in a marriage that I vowed to give up. But, last night, before I went to sleep I put out the thought --- if this marriage is something I really want in my life and if it is what I also need for my growth, I will release my desire to walk away. I know that right now I cannot make good decisions so I asked for the guidance to give me the truth for me. I do not remember any dreams but 2 truly miraculous things happened today that I never expected and they hopefully will improve my life. To me, this was the answer to my pre-sleep statement. Maybe I have been wrong. Time will tell.

Again, thank you and all the best to you.

Brenda

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 54 Scottsdale, AZ

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present