Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Confussed

Okay - this dream was weird. I dreamed that I was sitting at the entrance to a church that was kind of like a mall and I was talking with the elders. My love interest, who is not my current boyfriend, comes up and kisses me; although it was a passionate kiss, his lips were very dry and when I woke up, I immediately thought of a snake. This gentleman and I have been plutonic in our involvement and have not engaged in anything more than casual conversation due to the situation we both find ourselves in currently. He is my professor and I do have a boyfriend - three years we've been together but it has not been pleasant. My feeling for the man in my dream are significantly charged with positive energies but I am affraid to end the relationship with my boyfriend due to financial situations. I was thinking the snake was me due to my emotional unfaithfulness? Really confused!!!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30 / Cleveland TN

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Confussed

Kimberly,
What was your feeling upon waking about the snake? Did you have a sense it was a positive thing or did you think of it in a negative way? Your emotions upon awakening in this particular dream may say more about the dream as does the interpretation.

As for the entrance to the 'church, the mall, talking with your elders'. There may be a focus on 'value systems' or 'values' { the church}. Elders may refer to 'judgement', of yourself, again having to do with your 'values'. The affection toward 'your love interest' would likely not only refer to actual waking experiences/emotions, they probably have some metaphorical reference as well. Often such references are directed at the 'inner self', possibly complexes. The male would have to do with your own masculine self {animus}.

But 'My love interest' is in the dream because of who he is, in relationship to you. A straight forward reference to that relationship. The message is more of 'from yourself to yourself', the self dialog that dreams are. The 'emotional unfaithfulness' you feel, that may be about the 'values' noted previously.

The snake could have a negative connotation. Again, how you viewed the snake when you first awoke will probably say more about its possible symbolic reference. A negative view may represent how you feel about yourself.

There are other possibilities to the snake symbol. Consider these.

HyperDictionary Definition: Seeing a snake or be bitten by one in your dream means hidden fears and worries that are threatening you. Your dream may be alerting you to something in your waking life that you are not aware of or that has not yet surfaced. The snake may also be seen as phallic and thus symbolize dangerous and forbidden sexuality. The snake may also refer to a person around you who is callous, ruthless, and can't be trusted. As a positive symbol, snakes represent transformation, knowledge and wisdom. It is indicative of self-renewal and positive changes.

Compare how you felt about the snake when you awoke to the all the possibilities. The dream is probably addressing waking life issues and trying to help you work through those more than anything. Your feelings about yourself seem to be a part of the equation also.
Snakes very often do symbolize transformation. Perhaps it is time for you to undergo a transformation, having to do with the relationships in your life. Something will have to give eventually will it not? Maybe it is time for 'changes' in your life.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present