Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Opposite Water Temperature

I am on vacation with my family and my financially poor boyfriend is with me. We're at Lake Michigan and I am worried about the expense of the trip when my father announces that he is picking up the entire tab. I am greatly relieved. Later, my brother and I wade into Lake Michigan and the water is very warm (which it never is even in August..there's always a chill to get used to). Then, we jump into the nearby swimming pool and the water is ice cold. How do I interpret that the water temperature is the opposite of what is real?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Georgia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Opposite Water Temperature

Hi Lisa

In terms of this dream rather than being about reality I would say the lake as symbolic. I don't think it is trying to bring about opposites, but would guess that the lake is a representation of emotion. I think it is saying warm feelings, warm emotions.

This would be in some way associated with the brother symbol. To me this suggests warm feelings towards:

your brother / family, and / or your own masculine aspects represented by your brother.

But what hits me is the opposite in regard to the lake and the swimming pool. What is the difference here? The lake is a natural pool, while the swimming pool is a 'man-made' water body. To me this is indicating that perhaps you are naturally / unconsciously feeling warm about something, but your conscious 'man-made' reaction / emotion is cold. I could be wrong on that though. Would be interested to see what Kristi and Jerry make of it.

Since the two segments of the dream seem to be linked it could be somehow related to financial concerns. Such as your brother / family picking up the tab. Although you are feeling warmed by it, you are excercising colder emotions about having the tab picked up.

Again this is how I would interpret it in my circumstances, it may be differently applied to your own personal life circumstances.

Sweet dreams,
Rook

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28 - Perth, Western Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Opposite Water Temperature

Lisa,
Rook makes some valid points about your dream. Most reflect my impressions. Here is how I see the dream.

The dream most likely has to do with your renewed relationship with your high school boyfriend. Things/appearances, especially initial reactions, are not the same as they were when you were {in high school} but you are 'warming' to him despite that {water/emotions is warm when it is usually cold}. You have had to get use to the changes 'of appearance'. The family aspect probably represents both your whole self {metaphor for the whole psyche} as well as interactions and possible reactions from your real family. His {bf} being from same background may still influence their, as well as your own, impressions. Your father paying the tab may indicate he has interceded positively in some way. Or it could be a negative response in that he, your father, has paid the price. Wading into the water may be addressing positive interactions with your brother.
The end of the dream can have an important message. Dreams reflect your true feelings and not what the ego self often thinks. The dream ends, "Later, we went into the swimming pool and the water was cold as ice. So in the dream the water
was the opposite of what it is in real life
".
"The opposite of what it is in real life". What is opposite of real life? Your true feelings toward your renewed relationship with your bf? There may be still be unanswered questions about the relations. Although you are 'warming' to the positive aspects about who he is now {what is real} there still may be questions deep down. Can you overlook the negatives about your bf {not only appearances but also past family involvement and those emotions} and warm to the positives? Even if the positives outweigh the negatives is that acceptable in a long term relationship?
My sense is the dream is weighting these opposing aspects. Looking back at the past relationship with him when you were in school would probably highlight the positive but also the negatives having to do with your family. The dream, the unconscious perspective that reflects your true feelings, may be have questions about the matter despite the 'warming to the psoitives'. This may be the 'real life'.
Look to those intuitive feelings, the natural senses that offer the true thoughts and emotions. Let those true emotions rule and not what the ego may want that may for the time being fill a void, but may in the end be opposite what is best.

It has been many years in restoring the relationship so there should not be any hurry to jump into something that may be opposite what you truly need in a relationship. Logic always trumps the emotional ego.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present