Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I am a little boy

Another one i had:

Most of the dream took place at a canal around a little fortress (it exists in real life; for years already this little fort is being used for the storage of wine; it's on a small piece of (is)land surrounded by a canal and around the canal there's a small road.).
The dream starts with me and some other people standing at one side (call it the north-side) of this small road, which surrounds the canal. The other people in the dream feel like i know them, but without really seeing who they are. They start jumping into the canal as to make a swim all around. I also jump in the water, which is green. Not really clear water, but it feels safe somehow. The others are swimming very slow and i notice they are swimming with breaststroke. I know that i can be faster then them, when i would crawl. I know that my crawl is not good at all, but i start to crawl anyway. After about two crawls i already feel how much faster i am. I paying close attention to every crawling move i make with my arms and feel that 'finally' i'm starting to understand what 'they' meant with the use of the hand in crawling. I felt that for the first time i had my hands in the right position and felt how much more power this gave me. Instead of having to crawl like crazy i only needed to crawl about four times to move myself for meters and meters through the water.
Just after the first 'corner' in the canal the others are getting out of the water. I do too. Once out of the water they are no longer known without really knowing who they are, but they are my family. They say that they will not swim but take the road to the other (call it the south-side) side of the canal/fort. I still want to swim and tell that i will get back in the water after the little bridge. They walk on, with me following. I'd thought about what the shore looks like at the south-side and remembered it was a steep one. Afraid of not being able to get out off the water there, i decided to go by foot too.
We reach the south-side, where the car of my family is parked on the road. I look around and see that more officebuildings have been build. Even on the shore where we are standing next to, an office has been placed. It's a plastic one. It looks like this office had been a flat piece of plastic where air had been blown into to 'build it'. I want to look through one of the windows; the window is a little high up, i can only see the trees on the fort-island. But i can imagine what i will see when i was tall enough to really look through it. I know that then, i would look at the very steep shore and only this image already makes me feel the way i feel when looking deep, very deep down. So i do not look further.
It is getting busy on this part of the road. More cars, more people. They are all office-people and they are out there for their lunchbreak.
Then something strange happens (though it just happens, without finding it strange in the dream). I walk through this mass of people and once having passed them i start running. I now am a little, boy...i am funny in one way or the other, funny looking...i don't know. I'm running because 'someone' invisible...'out of the air'...told me a word and now i had to yell this word (don't remember the word) over and over again. I also had to run because the others weren't supposed to get me. It felt like sort of a mission. Yelling the word and getting away from the others. I ran and ran. Even though being very small i was out of there sight in no-time, but i knew they were following (this was on the rest of the road heading in the north-side again). As if i had eyes in the back of my head i could a group of people running not so far behind me and that they could see me. I looked at the road again, not knowing where to run...on the road or taking the path through a piece of the shore. I took the last one, though this piece went upwards a little and i got afraid they would catch me in just little time. But then, while almost back at the north-side, i saw a little wooden thing. I went in it..it appeared to be a toilet. I sat down, knowing they wouldn't find me here.
While sitting there on the toilet i suddenly arrive in a whole other place. In this place (i don't know where this was) i am no longer the little boy. I can't recall what i was doing in this place precisely, only remember that i learned something important for myself. At one point i found it time to get back to where i had come from...back to the wooden box with toilet. I took a white stairs upwards. But while walking up this stairs i remembered this wasn't the right way. I suddenly remembered i had to go down the stairs again and then turn to the right to take the path back to the canal/fort. I found it a little stupid from myself that i'd forgotten about this. At the bottom of the stairs a young woman with long blond hair was doing someones hair...like she was a hairdresser. While walking down and thinking of my stupidity i talked out loud and asked her if she didn't think i was stupid. She answered that she didn't find me stupid, followed by: "But i know something is wrong with your eyes." I somehow knew she was right. Down the stairs i went to the right and in no time i was sitting on the wooden-box toilet again...feeling a little surprised what i'd been experiencing...how it had been possible to at first sit on a toilet and to second end up somewhere else...like i had been travelling through nothing..

I cannot recall wether i really can't remember that part of the dream where i seemed to have learned something really important or that this part really didn't take place in the dream...that there really only was the knowing that i'd learned something important and maybe i still need to find out that important thing myself...

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 netherlands

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: I am a little boy

This dream is from some weeks ago already, have thought about it several times, but it doesn't make much sense to me.

The people jumping in the water as to make a swim all around (the fort). Right now this makes me feel about trying to come full circle.
During a part of the dream i seem to be just following; jumping in the water after the others...not swimming but following the others walking. It's only when i'm suddenly a little boy when i'm doing things on my own. Maybe this 'being a little boy' is the starting phase of the integration of the male side? Also because i suddenly was a little boy after having passed the officebuilings (male).

Somehow it feels like the dream is showing the (possible) progress of something (inner developments) or it is showing how 'things' could be 'done'. (pointing to the inner development)

When the little boy is in the toiletspace i suddenly arrive in another space...after letting go answers come more easily?

Plastic officebuilding...build by blowing air into it...sounds like 'giving life to something'...

Does anyone else maybe have any ideas?

Greetings,
Mask

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Was just doing a personalitytest as a part of a paper i need to write for my study. The paper is about inner leadership. I thought of this subject more then a year ago but not much has come out of my 'hands' since then i.e. not by being working on it consciously...but i think unconsciously 'things' have been 'working'. There's a lot that i'd like to have changed, but then immediate. I have to admit i hate it to really get into details to solve my 'things'.
So, i decided to take 'inner leadership' as subject for the paper. And while taking a break from doing this personalitytest this 'i'm a little boy'- dream came to my mind and for a second i instantly knew what this 'boy running away, after having heard something said out of nowhere' meant. But it worked just like it can go with dreaming itself. You think you will remember the thing, to find out 5 minutes later that most of it already has vanished...

The inner leadership: about a year ago (and even before) i had thought about the integration of the inner male. But there's something i don't quite get.
I know i'm too much 'in my head' instead of living more 'by heart'. 'In my head'...being too rational...isn't that about the inner male?
Or should i say that the animus should be integrated instead of the inner male? Is there a difference between the inner male and the animus?
When thinking about the inner male/th rational i think of: discipline, organisationskills...such things. And i'm not good at these at all.
I'm more a feeling person/emotional (too emotional sometimes). But besides being that emotional i'm also a thinker (in the head). I know this is what 'in the head' is about. Is this being in the head most of the time maybe the cause of being over-emotional lots of times? Could it be that by moving from the head into the heart, thus by letting things go instead of constantly thinking about them, the being emotional will temper?
Though i experienced the moving away from the head into the heart i cannot recall what this did to my emotions. Maybe i was even more emotional but only at the time of the emotion itself...at the time something caused a certain emotion.

Well, this little young boy then...

The officebuilding build by blowing air into it. Still think about this as: "blowing life into something"..starting something, giving something a chance maybe even.
In real life i'm not at all an office-type. But it made me think about that leadership...An office is everything about organisation, planning, details etc. Sometimes i even think about starting an officejob as to find out more about that male side...might sound stupid...
It is after having passed this plastic officebuilding that i suddenly had transformed into that little boy...(somehow plastic feels like something negative). Blowing life into...little boy then maybe symbolic of that what has come to life.
I (the boy) heard a word out of nowhere, needed to repeatedly shout this loud and run for the others.The others could be 'all my other parts of me'. But that 'word' out of nowhere? Could this refer to instinct or intuition? Or is it maybe referring to something like an 'unconscious call'? (or is this the same is instinct/intuition?)
And what was the word? I can't recall it. Maybe that doesn't even matter. Maybe it is about the 'word'..about Logic? But why repeat it over and over again?

I thought that this was a really cool dream. It reminded me of some specific parts of my dreams. For instance, I once ran through a crowd of people to reach my grey haired brother in law who was crossing a bridge. I have a feeling that the lunch break crowd represented a diluting threat on your concentration in the dream. Here are some ideas, the moat and island seems like a very archetypal image. You have the moat, the waters of the unconscious, all impulses, instincts, inferiorities, intuition, and overlooked aspects of ourselves, pleasures, joys, etc. (I think). I know Jung called the waters "uncanny" cause it was endowed with active forces not controlled by conscious will. In many cases for me, it seems that the waters end up controlling me, where I'm simply swept along the current of the instincts. It seems to me that you entered the dream with the right attitude, where you summoned some people to go with you through the water to help support you against any dissolving dissociation. When you noticed they were now your family, I think that speaks well of a positive (I'm going to say it) moral influence that a family seems to have. I dreamed I was in a river and I saw a young man being swept away in the current, and he would drown if I didn't fetch him out. However, not to speak all bad about the waters, because this seems to be the mandatory experience to have, for us to have any further realization of who or what we are. Every one is swimming slowly and carefully, and you even mention the idea of not being able to get out of the water at the other side. This seems to represent the dangerous aspect of the water. At the shore, you have the simple, office building, I think you are right, a sign of sure footing, of consciousness, however precarious it may be.
You are across in a sense, at the other side, your goal perhaps, where there is sure footing, an established civilization. You see the window, a glimpse to where you have progressed, maybe you feel you haven't climbed high enough, and you feel that real fear of the bottomlesness of the waters, how far down the unflattering instincts are.
You are also probably right about your sense of the boy. Is it a fledgling movement of spirit, inspired by the kind of logos breathe-word that you heard? The crowd may represent your conflict, on the one hand they seem civilized and reasonable, yet they are also on lunch break, which may mean that as a crowd, they could sweep you up in any instinctual direction they desired. Thus they chase you, as if you were climbing to get up the steep shore. You end up back, in a sense, at the place you were at the beginning, at the north end. The toilet is a place of instinct, probably like a cave, or the water, but you use it as a refuge too, and instead of being a place to produce some foul monstrosity, you seemed to actually pay attention to what you were doing. The ending I am very impressed with, but I'm a little puzzled with, I think in a good way.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 32, Montana

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Just had sort of an image of the possible meaning of the transforming into a little boy after having passed the office-people during their lunch...after having passed the plastic-air-filled office.

A few days ago i read (at this site) about 'inflation'/ 'blown into'...the part where the Self is possessing the ego (if i understood it right). This inflation can be too positive or negative.
I thought it could also be possible that the plastic office, build by blowing air into it is symbolic for the ego. A (little, but annoying) problem of mine is that, particularly at the working place, i can feel very small in comparison to almost everyone around me there. And maybe i transformed into a boy, because by doing so (making myself feel smaller/miner than others) it is the animus (my power?) that i diminish.
Therefore negative inflation?

At the point where the little boy is in the toiletbox i experience myself as my 'normal' me in another place where i seem to find something important to learn about me...like i found the solution. I now think this part means by trying to let go of that 'feeling like a little boy' i will find myself again.
The word the boy hears 'out of the air'...this is maybe also about the inflation...Because i didn't see anything really positive in the part where the little boy heard a word, needed to repeat this word over and over again and had to run for the other people (mostly family).
When thinking about plastic the word 'fake' comes to my mind.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present