Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dark figures and children in caves

Inexplicably bugged by some dreams when I was younger, and by pure chance happened to see a reference to typical imagery and psychology on this site, so this will probably look familiar:

Dreamt something disturbed me. Slight pressure chance or movement. There was no light and it was the middle of the night. I dreamt it woke me up.

There was a tingling feeling, like static, but a strong sense of evil. I dreamt I looked down at the bottom of the bed and saw two short dark figures with glowing red eyes... and I promptly hid under the duvet. (presumably this refers to the shadow image from typical psychology?)

Typical psychology kicked in then, and true to my nature, I thought twice about the sense of evil. How can I flag something as evil. It's the unknown. Is that fair? Are they just different? Maybe it's not a sense of evil. Show love to everyone. They all need it.. (Presumably covers acceptance of others, recognition of the unknown and differences, and the need to show compassion to all?)

Looked back at the bottom of the bed, feeling peace and love, and felt it returned. Drifted down the hall surrounded by strange varied figures, some looking like gorillas, some like swamp monsters etc hehe. (Presumably recognition of the diversity of all people, and the sense that we are no differernt?)

Next, drifted up towards a star, and found myself in a vast cavern, surrounded by "children" of sorts with the most amazing blue eyes, looking up at me as you might a parent that you love (not entirely human looking, but hey who is lol). (This is presumably relates to the anima text?)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: uk 33

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Nope

Re: Dark figures and children in caves

Any ideas for interpretation please?

Is this just likely to be a literal translation? ie thinking badly of a couple of people because I didn't understand them, and built a mental barrier against them that prevented me from accepting them.. then realising this and seeing a good side in all things regardless of difference?

Any other translations?

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Simon,
If you will post the dream as you remember it and not impose thoughts or ideas of concepts perhaps I can better determine the dream message. I find it difficult to separate the dream from your ideas. The inclusion of what you think the dream may be focusing blurs the dream message. A clear, precise dream as it occurred would be the best way to approach the dream for an interpretation.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

OK - With comments removed.

Something disturbed me. I dreamt it woke me up.

There was a tingling feeling, but a strong sense of evil. I looked down at the bottom of the bed and saw two short dark figures with glowing red eyes... and I promptly hid under the duvet.

As I hid under the cover, a small amount of pity crept in. I felt bad about my judgement. I looked back at the bottom of the bed, trying to convey friendship and love, and felt it returned.

Drifted down the hall surrounded by strange varied figures, some looking like hairy men/gorillas, some like big wet things.

Next, drifted up towards a star, and found myself in a vast cavern, surrounded by "children" of sorts with the most amazing blue eyes, looking up at me as you might a parent that you love. Their eyes were a little odd. Think there was a "second circle" in them if that makes sense.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

Simon,
From the Dream Dictionaries:
HyperDictionary: Dreaming that you are dreaming means your emotional state

MDS Dream Dictionary: In a dream symbolizes an awareness of the dream state, or an unconscious awareness of something that was once unknown.

I take this to address the dream waking you up. It is trying to wake you up to some aspect of yourself, something or some experience that was once known {the experience itself} but has been forgotten, hidden or repressed. This aspect has been 'covered up' {duvet} in the unconscious, unseen by the conscious mind.
Dark figures usually represent the 'shadow' psyche.
The Shadow is always the same gender as the individual. The Shadow is considered to be a collection of inferiority, undeveloped, and regressive aspects of the personality. They are primarily of an emotional nature and have a kind of autonomy, displaying an obsessive or more accurately a possessive quality.
The eyes are the eyes of the unconscious dream, seeing this experience and desiring to heal what ever emotional wounds brought about by this earlier life experience.

The judgement may be alluding to some 'bad' judgements in your waking life. The pity is for self, and so is the love and friendship, accepting who you are even with those bad judgements, at this time in your life.

The gorilla may represent impulses, impulses of man. Man and ape are related by not a 'natural' relative as with another human. Th wet things have symbolism also most likely to something involved in the experiences that is being 'covered up'.

Caverns or caves are usually symbolic of the unconscious. The children may be addressing your own childhood {as often the case in dreams}. The look is for looking for love. It could be love for oneself, perhaps due to some bad judgements from earlier life.

The second circle, perhaps a second chance to become whole. Circles symbolize wholeness, a desire for wholeness. Often in childhood there is that lack of needed love and acceptance. It may be from parents or it may be due to bad experiences, even perhaps a presumption of a bad experience seen as a bad judgement on your part when it fact you had no guilt in the matter. Someone else may be represented in that bad judgement for which you blame yourself.
A common patter of emotional behavior.

Does this fit somewhere in your life? What emotional {if any} experiences have you covered up or want not to confront? I sense this is what this dream is attempting to focus your conscious self to.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thanks Jerry,

Makes sense and sounds logical, but no idea what it relates to though - If suppressed it may be well buried.

One addition I forget (not sure if this affects the interpretation). I had the impression when the figures were there that they were feeding in some way, on emotion / fear. That's partly what prompted me to push the positive and see how it affected them.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present