Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Classroom, Window, Kitchen Cabinet

I am in a very large, progressive feeling classroom, larger than any I’ve known in waking life. All other students I am aware of are men. I see the instructor as an old Army supervisor I knew, First Sergeant Morrison Brown. He feels more refined now. We sit at tables large enough for two. I am sitting at a left front table. I sense the learning activity has to do with discipline, application, concentration of effort. As we ready to go out from the classroom, I make my bunk. I smooth the layers of covers and lift the mattress to tuck them snug, finding four pair of my underwear there. Scene Changes…

I am on an elevator with a few of the men from the classroom. The elevator doors are about to close as some others (men and woman) near to step on. I hold the doors open while they board before the elevator goes down. The elevator changes into some sort of vehicle with a very large wind/viewing shield (window). I am sitting in the front passenger seat. The First Sergeant gives me a tool that I use at the right side of window. I insert it at (wedge it through) the side frame of the window. I feel I must work quickly. The others wait on me to accomplish this. I continue with the tool, now using a cranking motion which creates a zippering like effect, causing a covering or sealing of the window in some manner. I am next aware of huge amounts of water running down the front of the window. Scene Changes…

I am in an apartment (that feels as my own, but is not my current home). Vickie (a co-worker/supervising Physical Therapist) arrives. She has an older, white-haired woman with her. The reason for their coming feels significant. Vickie says something about needing to leave this space (apartment). I feel I’d rather not, but this white-haired woman means business. She has a very serious and intentioned tone to her energy and actions. She moves smartly and directly to the cabinet below the kitchen sink, opens the doors and begins searching through the cabinet. I am next aware of seeing first one book with a light blue cover, and then another, also with a light blue cover. On the second book, I see the title or words, “SEVEN CALLS TO THE CHTHONIC FEMININE.” There are more words following these, but I do not recall them.

Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Kansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Classroom, Window, Kitchen Cabinet

Some rather significant dreams. And while it is true that I need more healing in the masculine area of my lfe, to incorporate/achieve a greater balance, I am also far from done with my work with the feminine, the final dream scene tells.

Kristi

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Kristi,
Once again your dream is centered on the animus at least the first two parts of the dream. Question{?} Has there been any recent extra-ordinary waking experiences that may have stimulated such dreams having to do with men or masculine aspects? This dream seems to place a positive light on your animus as if the emotions involved are pointing to positive qualities. It may be you have turned a corner in integrating the masculine aspects. But there may be more to this and often such dreams are prompted by waking experiences related to the primary dream subject {masculine/males}.

As for the last part of the dream, it seems to be focusing on the feminine. But there are also aspects that may be related to masculine qualities. Supervising would often be looked at as a masculine quality {in a world dominated by men of course}. And the wisdom aspect {an older, white-haired woman}. She 'means business', something which would be forceful and as much a masculine quality.

The apartment, a complex perhaps. CHTHONIC is defined as relating to the underworld {Literally meaning ‘belonging to the earth’, a term used to describe a god or goddess of the earth or the underworld. Also extended to mean the divine creative force, and the source of fertility in the crops, animals, and humans}. That world may be the deep unconscious and possible 'fertility' to the masculine/feminine intergration.
There are many references to the CHTHONIC FEMININE in mythology. This may be alluding to an archetypal symbol. Of course such important mythological references in dreams should be looked upon as major changes in ones life. Either there is a true integration of the masculine and feminine to create a balance or there is an undertaking of the masculine to 'once again' take control {alluding to your previous experiences with the masculine {military}.

What are your thoughts? I may be going out on a limb but it may be more than just co-incidental that I am at a stage of important changes, and so are you. I know of others at the forum who have shared similiar adjustments at the same time I have. Perhaps the 'karma' of the Dream Forum has something to do with these shared experiences.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for all shared here. I'll come back to say more, later. But, certainly, this is about balancing for me ... and NOT of the masculine taking control, as in the past.

The wise old women is as if saying to me, "It is time, now." My first inclination/sense of the "Seven Calls" is that I have been overly long in submitting to Her call. I'd recently told a dear friend that I felt I had missed several invitations to do deeper work... I am reviewing my journal/journey for these seven calls. Alternatively, it may speak to a future "title," not sure. Am going to do some active imagination, prayer, and meditation with it all.

The Chthonic is also where we go on the "Hero's Journey," to be reborn. I recently had a powerful mystical experience that was as if giving birth, or a prelude to, in a big way (it certainly felt "Chthonic," in all respects - will share separately).

There is more saving of the soul underway. I've some much deeper work to do, and finally feeling the courage to do it. That's a positive quality of the masculine ("courage") ... you've reminded before.

Yes, I have felt similar movements here on the forum, too. I do believe there is a synergy when like minded folks are gathered and working toward similar goals, share the same/similar intent of heart and being. I think the karma of the forum is good.

Kristi

Jerry,

This dream also helps to cue another in as to why I questioned what I did in the other dream thread regarding the true self, feelings and objectivity.

As I recall this dream, the classroom and the many men present, I note that it was somewhere I felt comfortable, operating from that more rational and logical (objective?) frame of mind, having everything neatly in order and managed...including my making my bunk in tight military fashion with hospital corners ... only I found there, beneath all this masculine orderliness, four pair of my underwear, which = my feelings/feeling naure. Is this the fourth my dreams have been trying to get to? Or, at least one of them, as I know there will be more "fours" to be sought out in my life.

These masculine aspects of myself (plus the one other woman who gets on) are "on board" with me as we go down (descend). Note I have had the descending theme in at least one other recent dream - and also the me who would prefer not to go down into the dirt (so to speak). But what happens there in the elevator car I was given a tool to zip/seal a window, to protect myself/us, from the deluge of waters.

But, what does the white haired old lady do? She moves with a smartness, digging in my kitchen cabinets and shows me a book, "Seven Calls to the Chthonic Feminine." She is, in essence, telling me, "It is time now!"

I "know" now just how much she means to get me about this business of embracing my feeling nature, of grieving what needs to be grieved, etc., for I am experiencing this deluge of emotions. And I think I need to just allow it to be, not fight or will myself away from my feelings at this time ... but trust that the insight and a balanced objectivity will come, in its time.

Kristi

stats from 7-14-10 to the present