Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
hawks

For the past two weeks I was visited three time by a hawk. Twice at my front porch window and once at my sunroom window. Each time we made eye contact. I thought that was kinda odd.

Two nights ago, I had a vision. I dreamt that I was standing in my home looking out the window, except my house was perched high above the tree tops. Outside my window, there was a ledge a very large ledge. Perched on the ledge was a 3 foot red hawk and next to it was a raven about 2 feet tall, and on the inside of the ledge there was a red chicken. It was a very clear and bright day. I can see the top of the tree in my backyard. I was emotional overwhelmed by the beauty and size of the hawk. I called my husband to see it but he did not come. Suddenly the raven and the hawk flew into the tree and there was a great fight. I thought for sure that the hawk had killed the raven. But it turnend out to be the hawk torn about a very large black spider into pieces. I woke up from my dream hearing a flute music. I looked around my bedroom and saw nothing but the flute music played on for about 10 minute then it faded away.

Any help in interpeting this dream would be greatly appreicated.

Thank you!
Faith

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: hawks

faith,

Both the hawk and raven are often seen as spiritual guides in mythology. The house is you and being perched above the tree tops again suggests some higher source {within}. The ledge may be suggest you are at a 'jumping off point' in your life. Withe the 3 symbols of higher self it may be related to spiritual aspects.
But there is conflict to this spiritual aspect. Is there a conflict in spiritual choices in your life? Your husband 'did not come' with you. Perhaps he has chosen a different path. Could that be part of the conflict?

The flute music. Native Americans are known for their flute music {Carlos Nakai's Canyon Trilogy is a favorite of mine}. Have you recently studied or listened to this type music. In Native American mythology bot the hawk and raven are important messengers. In dreams they would be messengers of the unconscious psyche. Often such imagery indicates a major change in life.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: hawks

Thank you Jerry for the reply.

Yes, you are right. There is a conflict. I need to take a personal journey, alone, but I must complete my present responsiblility- taking care of my family. Once that is completed, I can complete my journey for the Truth, the Beloved, the Creator of the universe. My husband although respect the road I am walking, he is hesitant in joining me. I must cleanse my temple from lifes attachment and seek the macrocosmic of my internal self.
In regards to music, I like listen to Tibetan music, like the singing bowls and some native american flute music. I enjoy also, chanting music. It helps clear my mind of the daily grind.

Again, Thank you,
Faith

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present