Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mother Changing

This also is not one I thought "strange."

I am driving a car on Pulaski Avenue, enroute and very near to my childhood home. Except for a scant cloth/towel covering, I am naked and wet, as if just showered. I park in front of and parallel to the porch. I hurry out of the car and onto the porch, opening and entering the door without knocking. I head straight to the bathroom, announcing that I have come to get/use some towels. Inside the bathroom, I am drying my body when my brother Mark appears to my right side, dressing himself. I leave the bathroom, enter the living room and sit beside my mother on the sofa, while I wait for her to get off of the phone. She then tells me, “I must go to nursing now.” I respond saying, “I will not be able to spend time with you.” I now actually 'see' her face. It is not my mother’s face (not my mother) at all. It is a very dark skinned woman with a robust face. I embrace her, as she says, “You can come to the nursing.”

Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Kansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Mother Changing

If I am right about "The Seven Calls to the Chthonic Feminine" and I feel that I am, it gives this dream greater meaning. This returning to my roots (first childhood home), naked, may very well be about (and I believe it is) something that has been shared in earlier of my dream threads here...that of dealing with the experience of my birth mother as I also come to 'The Mother.' I said the wise old woman in the kitchen cupboard dream "meant business"... it was a matter of feeling/knowing "There is work to do!" And that she was going to see to it that I get to it. Being naked can indicate that something is being made plain, clear. In combination with the fact that I am wet, as if just showered, and go for towels to dry my body (standing in front of the shower in my chhildhood home) may well be about finishing something. I don't dress myself, but find my brother is standing next to me, dressing... Perhaps this is reflecting that a masculine aspect is donning what is needed for this new role/journey (maybe). It is what I come up with right now. I go and find a mother who is not at all my real mother tell me that she is going to nursing, now. This woman is very much like the Dark Mother (Dark Feminine / Black Madonna). Two things come to me in this: One, that the role my actual mother played in my life is retiring to the nursing home, so to speak (even though the word "home" was not present in the dream) ... and, two, that I am to go to the Dark Mother for the "nursing" needed to heal my soul wounds.

Kristi

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Hi again,

'nursing' made me think of nursing a baby.
You being naked and wet made me think of a baby, maybe even just before birth (parking in front of the porch). Drying yourself...after being born? Could this maybe be about being 'reborn'? Also because it's not your mother's face you see, but the face of a dark skinned woman..are you here getting to know your inner mother? 'You can come to the nursing' then feels like an invitation to nurse/nurture yourself.

Maybe very far fetched but this is what came up...

Mask

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 netherlands

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Hi Mask,

Through different words, you and I have essentially said the same thing. This dream definately told of change ... and does feel to me to be about a new movement in my life. Old mother is gone and I have work to do with a Dark Mother now, which fits my long time held association with the Black Madonna, who I feel is symbolic of healing on deep levels of one's being. See: http://www.matthewfox.org/sys-tmpl/theblackmadonna//

Kristi

Uggghhh!

I typed a lengthy message to add insight to this dream, but ended up receiving an error message on big white screen. Should have "high-lighted" and "saved," first. Or, worked in Word.

Kristi

Kristi,
Thank a minor god for WORD. I often keep it open when working with a dream or post so I don't lose a time consuming interpretation/response. It isn't often I have the problem but with so many cats wanting my attention it does happen.
And speaking of computers and Campbell, while I listen to Campbell's video The Hero's Journey, thinking of Campbell's words about his first computer, his comments were 'the computer is a god'.
Campbell, "When Joseph Campbell got his first computer he said it had a very sever theology. He felt it was an old testament God with little mercy."

I feel that way some times with my computer. But better to serve its timid temperment than not to be able to search its kingdom {the world wide web} with my finger tips.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

I feel that way some times with my computer. But better to serve its timid temperment than not to be able to search its kingdom {the world wide web} with my finger tips.

Smiles, here, Jerry. Yes, I agree. Quite a gift we have been given in the form of the world wide web.

Kristi

Hmmm ... the quote box has two background colors. Would be nice if it was just one ... perhaps the black.

Kristi,
For some reason the Bravenet Forum will not allow total background colors as is usual with normal html script. All you get is a black border. How did you get the top part of your post to have a black background? Even looking at the page source I was unable to decipher the code.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Jerry,

Actually, that was not something I intentionally created. I simply followed code to insert a quote and it appeared that way. My comment was geared toward an assumption that it was a normal thing.

trying again, just placing this text in "quote"
and "/quote" brackets, wihtout the quotation marks, of course.

Hmmm, same thing...

Kristi

For any who might have followed my dreams, in explaining this one, I point to a dream (and my comments) from several months ago, “Negative Mother,” at:
http://www.mythsdreamssymbols.com/dreamforum.html.

It is an alchemical/transformative dream.

I am naked, as in something (of me) being made clear, plainly evident, down to a bare truth, no more layers of clothes (or, the onion) to peel on this matter.

I am also wet, as in having just bathed/showered (cleansed) ... much of this showering spent in tears in my actual life.

I know that this is an important movement within me. I return to my childhood home, to finish this cleansing action. I go for towels, announcing so, that I am ending this ("throwing the towel in," so to speak)... The drying of the body with a towel (and depositing it into a hamper, per se) is an action marking a completeness of a cleansing activity.

What happens is that I find Mark standing next to me, dressing. Mark was symbolic of my own anger in the dream thread I included at the opening of this post. Mark was coming to spend time with me in a Red House … symbolic not only of anger, but also of the Rubedo.

This dreams shows that I am taking my individuality back from my birth mother (individuating from mother). It is not perfect, I’ve much learning, growing and healing yet to do, but this IS occurring. This act of Mark dressing (who is really an aspect of me) is reflective of the change/transformation taking place, for I then walk out into the living room (no Mark with me and also no longer feeling or aware of being naked) and sit next to my mother, who I learn is not at all the birth mother I knew. I sit beside this new inner mother (who happens to be in communication with another … some aspect of the Universal Mother) who tells me, “I must go to nursing now.” When I say that “I will not be able to spend time with you,” it is not with a feeling of loss or sadness, just that my dream ego had not yet quite gotten it. I was (and have been), in essence, clearing (at least one to a few levels or layers of) deep issues with my birth mother and in that process, saying good-bye to (severing) the cords that binded me to my birth mother in unhealthy ways. It is after making that statement (I will not be able to spend time with you) that this new inner mother turns to me so that I may see her face, and tells me, “You can come to nursing.” This is the announcement of the new mother after all the work I have been doing, a message to bring my inner needs for love to nursing with this/to this aspect of feminine within me. It is as though the energy of the Mark of me, at once critical and abusive and (also in the place of negative mother) is now integrating and turning its efforts toward supportive self-love and nurture. Still, I maintain that this aspect of the feminine, as seen in the dark, round face of my dream, is very much in line with the essence of the Black Madonna.

Kristi

Kristi
Hi Jerry,

Actually, that was not something I intentionally created. I simply followed code to insert a quote and it appeared that way. My comment was geared toward an assumption that it was a normal thing.

trying again, just placing this text in "quote"
and "/quote" brackets, wihtout the quotation marks, of course.

Hmmm, same thing...

Kristi

I am replying to this, because I just observed that the words I inserted above in the quote box, appeared in italics. I DID NOT enter code for them to be italicized.

I just "previewed" this message, and, strangely, even though I this time used the Quote button at the top right of the page to enclose the entire post in quote (verses entering the html code), it still gave me the black bar and also italicized my words above the first quote with black bar at top.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present