Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Explosion in Airport

Hello Everyone,

I was hoping for some input on a dream I had a few nights ago.

Dream - I'm at the airport - running late and walking briskly to get to the gate before they shut the doors. (Note - I travel/fly regularly for my job - literally 1 round trip per week.) However, I'm not in an airport that I recognize, and even my carry-on suitcase that I'm pulling isn't my typical bag.

While I'm walking towards the gate, a woman (a little sinister looking) warns me and says something like "you may not want to be near the stairs in a few minutes." My impression is that she knows something bad is going to happen, and she is being nice to me.

Somehow I end up on the tarmac and can't find my plane - I see a few smaller plans and start walking towards them. The pilots are standing outside and say, "These planes are for a private party. You need to speak with one of the agents", and he directs me to a woman standing closeby.

She looks at my ticket and says "oh you're in the wrong part of the airport." and she tells me how to get there.

Now, I'm still walking on the tarmac, quickly, and concerned that I'll miss the flight. Once I get close enough to see my plane, there is a barrier that forces me to go back inside the airport.

Now back inside airport I know that I need to take the elevator down, but instead it takes me upwards (I'm unable to control it). In this moment, I realize that I have probably missed my flight. And I also now recall the warning from the woman and am now concerned about leaving the elevator (knowing that she specfically said "stay away from stairs", but not sure if that applied to the elevator too. So as soon as I can, I start walking back towards another section of the airport.

Within minutes, there is a huge explosion - a bomb was detonated on the plane that I was supposed to get on and it blew out part of the airport.

I now realize that I missed my flight b/c "something was looking out for me" and I am thankful. The dream ends with me calling everyone and telling them that I'm ok, b/c I never made it on the flight.

My thoughts -
I realize that part of this dream could be "data-dump" from what I learned about the attempted bombing/terrorist attack on the plane leaving Christmas Day.

However, I also realize that explosions can imply emotional outbursts, and I have been extremely emotional/stressed out lately. I've had to suddenly become more involved with taking care of my dad - financially, emotionally, etc.

Also, my mom has recently left on a trip to see her family (in another country) and it is highly likely that (i) we won't see her again, and (ii) we won't even hear from her (almost like she's passed away.) - which is why I'm more involved with taking care of dad. And her leaving has made a lot of unresolved issues (negative ones) from my childhood resurface.

Dealing with these two events has been overwhelming for me - and I can't help but sense that this dream is warning me that I'm about to "explode".

I was hoping that someone in the forum might be able to give me insight into other parts of the dream outside of the explosion - like why is this happening in an airport/airplane, or the significance of the elevator.

Thanks in advance

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 31 (almost), TX

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Explosion in Airport

drshell,
There are undoubtedly aspects of actual waking experiences influencing the dream but as you surmised the primary focus is likely addressing the stresses having to do with family issues. My impression the conflicts in your life are being addressed by the 'sinister looking woman' as a 'guide' from the deeper unconscious {much like the trickster in myth that takes on both positive and negative roles}. She turns out at the end of the dream to be that 'higher' self that exists in all psyches but becomes a real entity when one is engaged in the inner search {as you are engaged even though your personal life is in conflict}. The beginning of the dream sets the tone and has you at an unfamiliar airport which may represent the 'unfamiliar/unusual family issues that have come to land in your life {taking care of your father, your mother 'flying' to other lands}. The flight that you have missed may point to waking anxieties related to work and on a deeper level the flight you feel {deep within} you are missing because of these waking conflicts.

Note: when one is engaged in the hero journey there is that deeper unconscious calling that exists even when the waking life is demanding all of your energies. Although there may be many negatives in life, the conflicts, there remains those elements of support from the deeper unconscious. Once you have become 'enlightened' to the hero deed you possess the 'guides' {what some call angels} no matter the conflicts of the waking life. I have experienced this more than once in my journey, and it always leads me back to the hero path, and keeps me balanced no matter the waking life conflicts.

Was it happenstance you used the avator above in this post. Or are you 'seeing' deeper within? The deeper unconcsious holds all that is true no matter what the outer self may be experiencing. It is 'within' you hands {ability} to take control

As for the explosion that you were warned {you knew the waking life conflicts were about to take place} but was saved. That is the higher Self, the inner guide taking charge and leading you out of danger. Although you have a full plate of waking conflicts {Joseph Campbell stated that life is a series of trials and revelations/realizations} you possess that ability to overcome what ever is thrown at you in life {as is the case with most mythological tales}.

The elevator taking you up when you want to go down {deeper into the unconscious adventure of the hero journey} is the emotional stress pulling at you. The stairs may be those conflicting thoughts that are coming to the surface, thus the warning.

The explosion is/what would be that emotional explosion you would have experienced if not for the ability to survive the stresses thrown at you in life. This speaks to the higher Self and your ability to survive. You have invoked the protection of the deeper psyche {as sinister as life may be} by involving the hero deed: taking care of your dad, a responsibility that many would ignore or resist.

The dream may indeed be a warning of impending 'exploding emotions'. But being a person who 'knows' {the hero path} you will be able to survive, with the helping hands that are always there. Be patient, strong and look to those inner resources for guidance. At the age of 31 these experiences will be of great value in later life. Not only as a wisdom tool but also as part of the spirit that evolves to a greater self take takes to even greater heights. It may seem far away at this moment in time but as short as life is, it is merely another trial to overcome. And you will overcome this obstacle, slay another dragon and obtain many rewards because of your actions in the present day.

I think so.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Explosion in Airport

Jerry - Thanks so much for your thoughtful response and kind words. I felt so much better after reading your reply, and I can relate to everything that you wrote. I'm sure everyone knows, on a deeper level, that we can handle all things that come to us - but it's nice to hear confirmation from someone else too.

About the avatar - I admit that I chose it while I was typing the post. I suppose I was feeling introspective when I picked it - but really it's something that is very me - I think I'm introspective all the time. Funny, I woudln't have even given it a second thought if you hadn't asked.

thanks again

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 31 (almost), TX

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present