Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The unconscious struggle and pain symbolized?

Wow, just woke up from a little frightening but also powerful dream.

Was just lying on the couch, not knowing whether i wanted to sleep or just relax. Of course i fell asleep. At some point i first feel i can't move and shortly after this i feel hands coming from behind me as if somebody is laying under me. While asleep i know this is sleep paralysis and remember having written a reply to someone's question about feeling paralysed. I know i can do something to wake up and start moving my hands. But still i feel the arms of that invisible person, who feels like a very strong woman. The arms surround me, my chest, and start holding me very tied; their grip is getting stronger and stronger till i finally feel real pain in my belly. I'm moving my whole body; i'm fighting to get ou of this tight grip. Finally i succeed and wake up (false awakening). I stand up from the couch and look around in my livingroom. I miss something and try to figure out what. It's the tv and the table it is standing on. I find it strange. It seems like someone must have come into my house, but i know this is impossible. Then i notice the curtains being totally closed and know that i didn't close them; i start opening them.
Then i'm back on the couch; really awake now. I think about getting up or not. I have to go to the toilet, but am too lazy. Then i am back in a dream again...going to the toilet. After finishing there i am in a large building, on a higher floor. It feels like the going to the toilet is some time ago and i have to go the toilet now. I remember having been to the toilet here earlier and think i therefore have to be capable of remembering where this toilet was, so i start searching for it. I come to almost the end of the floor and know the toilet must be here somewhere. Then i notice a white, small door in a white wall (the door is almost one with the wall) and know behind it is this toilet. But things are in the way; a cupboard, a large table with chairs. I find this strange. Then a woman walks up to me. She has finished work and i ask her if i can use the toilet, still wondering about all the furniture in front of it. I look if there are openings between the furniture through which i could make my way to it, but the woman somehow tells me that i can't use this toilet. But she offering to guide me to another one and so we leave the building and walk for a while. After some time we walk towards a large, new officebuilding. I ask her where the toilets are. She tells me they are in the officebuilding. I ask if it's appropriate for me while not working there, to go in and use one of their toilets. She says it's not really appropriate but that i therefore have to walk in and to behave myself in such a way that i will not be noticed. This makes me feel frightened a bit. What if i get caught?! I tell her i won't go in there.
I walk on; the woman has vanished. I enter a large, empty parking space. Something slightly frightening and very powerful happens to me, but remember no images nor can't i recall what really happened to me. The only thing i know is that a strong, dark haired woman was the cause of it all. When 'it' is over i see this strong woman. Seeing her i then know that she is the female version of 'him' (a co-worker). Because i like this co-worker i know i can trust this woman/that she's oke, but still she makes me feel frightened a bit. While i walk on this strong woman and a young man come walking up to me. (this young man can be categorised under 'soft'; like i wrote earlier about the 'keeping distance out of politeness). Still frightened of both of them because they are far from familiar to me, though happy and excited to see them. I give the man a kiss on his cheek; like i'm thanking him...it feels like he's helped me in some way. Then i watch the strong woman and feel the same. I find that she's also helped me in some way, though i'm still not knowing how she's been helpfull to me. I decide she's has earned a kiss too and so i also give her a kiss on the cheek. I feel good, very good, even maybe a little proud. But about what???
The young man has vanished. The strong woman is lying on something like a platform. She's lying on her back. I walk towards her. I feel very attracted to her, but not in terms of a relationship. It's something very deep. (?) I then lay myself on top of her and put my mouth on hers. We start making love. Like she's a man i feel her coming into me, though it doesn't feel like something toucheable; again it's something very powerful. Like she's putting a huge ball of energy in my vagina. I can feel it into my belly. It's so powerful that it really starts to hurt. At some point it hurts so much that i get of of her...it's too much for me.
Then i'm in a large white room at work. I'm taking care of. an old woman, who has had surgery. Her situation is stable enough to let her wake up; she's still attached to a respirator, which will be removed when she's totally awake.
But when she awakens she gets very, very wild. She is out of my control and manges to get out of the bed. Collegues come to help. With them also is that male co-worker, who's female side i just dreamed about. I'm glad he's there to help me. The old woman is screaming and she makes me think of an old witch. I'm really terrified. For a short time we succeed in calming her down a bit. She is half on the ground and i hold her from behind. She's still has the respiration tube in her mouth. We tell her we will get the tube out when she will be all calm, but she (almost) screams that she doesn't want the tube to be removed. At that point it's like i am only holding her head in my hand. The rest of her body is invisble. I can see the tube coming out of her neck (through the trachea). The man and the others who came to help me leave the room, because the old woman has calmed down. But as soon as they are gone she starts again, even worse then the first time. I call the man back, shouting his name several times. He returnes and takes over the old woman from me and tells me to get a tranquillizer and a sedative. I start looking for the medication, syringes and needles. But i have a hard time finding the right syringe. I look everywhere, but can't seem to find it. Another co-worker comes in. She walks towards other collegues who are busy with another patient...behind curtains, like she's looking if they need help. I watch her for a moment, finding it a little strange that she doesn't come to help me. It's almost like she doesn't see me at all. But then i decide it's oke, because the man is already helping me.
At some point, when the old woman had calmed a bit one of the other co-workers said about the man: 'His wife is going through a lesbian phase', followed by the response of others that this is true. This made me think about the strong woman.

Greetings from a still gazing Mask...

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 netherlands

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: The unconscious struggle and pain symbolized?

During my year of so many dreams i experienced more dreams like this one..where i would wake up (falsely) and find myself being paralysed...or where i was lucid. All of these dreams felt very powerfull and frightening to me. In one of them i really felt a dichotomy. In the same time i felt both my very anxious me and my me who wants things to happen/change so much. I was very conscious at that dreaming moment of how angry this wishing-one was at the anxious one. The wishing-for-change-one wanted to stand up, while the anxious one was doing everything to not stand up. Unfortunedly the anxious one won.
To me these type of dreams i gave my own meaning.

To me these dreams (with paralysis and lucid moments) are possibilities to learn 'to let go'...to surrender in some way. This dream from today feels like i'd let go a little...or at least does it seem to show what i could attain when able to let go. I think that strong, dark haired woman is showing what i could attain. But: is this strong woman my shadow? Or: because she is the female version of that male co-worker...is she symbolic of the power that i could attain when i succeed in the integration of the Animus?
The old woman who makes me feel she's like a witch by her screaming and wild behaviour; out of control...i think she's symbolic of something i'm still not able to control. She doesn't want to loose the respiration tube. The first thing that comes to mind here is my smoking. That i'm at one point only see her head makes me think that this uncontrollable 'thing' is something 'between the ears'...I also know (and been told by others) that i am to much living in my head...this makes me think of something uncontrollable...maybe also referring to 'letting go'. Invisible body...head in my hands...not a 'whole'/unity. Putting it to rest (by tranquillizers and sedatives) doesn't really sound very positive? But on the other hand: should this evil witch be awakend or should she be put to rest? By her behaviour she asks for it to be put to rest, but in a real hospital-setting this is not the way to totall recovery. What role does this give the man; he tells me to get those medications. But if we wouldn't give her these, the old woman would really get totally out of control...which is also not wanted.

???

Mask

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: The unconscious struggle and pain symbolized?

Did some more thinking on this one and will start at the beginning of the dream:

The sleep paralysis; the feeling of being 'as paralysed' as not unknown to me. For a long time already i wanted change, new things, but often it felt like something is making me not to move at all. And i think that is what my inner searching is about; to find out what this 'something' is.

While feeling the paralysis arms we're coming from behind and start holding me very tight, till it even hurts. When it starts hurting i start to fight in the dream. Hands coming from behind makes me think of the question: 'What is holding me back?' And 'from the back' i think is also referring to the past..past things/experiences.
The inner search is (always?) mostly about finding and analyzing the 'not so nice things' that took place/ experienced in the past. And these 'not so nice things' i think can be found in my Shadow. So i will call these 'arms holding me back and tight till it hurts' my Shadow.

I don't know for sure but isn't it in the shadow where one can find his/her real strength?
The arms felt like belong to a very strong woman.

I think the strong woman, the female version of the dream-man, is also the one whose arms were holding me back. I remember a part of a quote; that one is more afraid of ones own power/ how powerfull one can be.

In the dream, when the distance-keeping-type and this strong woman appear, i kiss them both as if to thank them. It felt like they'd helped me somehow. Maybe this helping is also find in the 'holding me back till it hurts'. To again and again and again 'give' me the situations that i need to see that i'm going into the wrong direction. This makes me think of what i wrote in another post about when this guy said 'no' to me; something which is received as negative, but when being embraced can turn to positive.

I start to make love with the strong woman. This could be showing that i've decided to get to know my Shadow. I finally got the guts to embrace her. The energy ball she gave way to get into me i think is about the psychic/creative energy. But at some point i can't take this any longer...it is too painfull. I think this shows something where i still have do some searching and clearing/healing. Or this is referring to my anxiety about my own inner power. (this also makes me think about the period of meditating, dreaming, writing poetry, synchronicity etcetera i then discovered...these things, the unknown, at last made way for a growing fear)

The old woman-patient, who feels like a (evil) witch i think shows also a part of my shadow. Maybe even something from very long ago, because she was old. She is a patient, so it could be about something still in the need of healing.
The old woman doesn't want the respiration tube to be removed...she still wants to get help breathing; this feels like 'not wanting to be independant', which to me sounds like i still don't want (are afraid) to be my real Self. The old woman is screaming and being very wild...i already wrote about 'uncontrollable', which makes me think that i still can't control myself. The screaming and getting wild...in most situations i try to avoid confrontations, out of politeness (finally, there it is..). But this doesn't feel right in lots of situations...i then can feel something in my belly/chest turning around and i already know that at such a moment i'm not being fare about what i really find/want/feel. Maybe this is also about the 'keeping-distance-out-of-politeness'...and then not as much as keeping distance from other people (though this also a little the fact) but most of all i am then keeping distance from my real self. Maybe this screaming and getting wild is symbolic of my inner feelings (that turning round feeling in belly/chest). I want the old woman (after surgery) to wake up so she can get of the respirator...: If i want to be my (real) self i need to heal myself (=surgery) and wake up (to what is real).
The man tells me to get a tranquillizer and a sedative to calm down the old woman...i'm still thinking about my smoking here...or these medications for calming down mean things i can learn to calm down myself...(like meditation, sports etcetera).
If these calming drugs are about smoking or other not so good habits, then i don't know if this man is a symbol for the animus. If these calming drugs are about healthy things then maybe he's the animus?
But the strong woman is the female version of this man, so maybe he's also part of my shadow. Or is the shadow really a part of the animus in theory?
The syringe and needle can be symbols for male power.

Funny how the meaning of the keeping distance seems to find answer just by writing..

Mask

stats from 7-14-10 to the present