Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Recurring dreams about my significant other committing infidelity

I am 21 years old and have known my boyfriend since we were 15 years old. He is one of my best friends and in my waking life I trust him completely. I know he has and will never cheat on me. We are absolutely head over heels in love. However, also in my waking life, my boyfriend is a bit paranoid about me being stolen away by other guys and often tells me so.

Strangely (ironically), I have recurring dreams in which my boyfriend constantly cheats on me with various women (some are acquaintances of ours) and in various situations. All these dreams end with me finding out that he has cheated and I almost go insane from the heartbreak and disgust and I therefore, leave him.

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why I keep having these horrid dreams.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 21, new york

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Recurring dreams about my significant other committing infidelity

Ava

One possibility is that there is an unconscious fear of unfaithfulness, a fear you deny based on your confidence in the strength of your relationship, perhaps rightly so. Though denial, repression, is theoretically by my understanding not the best way of dealing with these things. But then you may not even be aware you have this fear. If this is the case it may be that rather than repressing / rejecting this fear that you aren't aware of, you would, as far as I understand, need to integrate it into your life. Acknowledge the fear but just as a fear and not based on reality? It may be for your own good.

Alternatively HE could be a symbol of YOU, some aspect of yourself, some way in which you are 'cheating yourself' on a soulful / spiritual level. Something perhaps which disgusts you somehow judging by your dream emotional reaction.

Not sure. Jerry / Kristi may have more effective insights.

Sweet dreams,
Rook

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28 - Perth, Western Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Recurring dreams about my significant other committing infidelity

Rook probably has touched on the best possibilities to this dream. I suggest you pay attention to future dreams and post any that are associated with this same theme. They may clarify whatever the emotional conflict that this dream is trying to convey to you.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present