Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A Water Jar and Exploration

These are two dreams I have had recently which I believe reflect my inner journey.

The first was a simple image of a glass jar filled with water. There is also the image of another persons hand. They dip their finger into the jar and when they take it out they make the water follow their finger, almost like honey would, only it was water. After the finger is raised about an inch out of the water the connection is lost and the water falls back into the jar. A voice accompanies the action saying "Try this".

The second is of a 'Gods eye view' of a world, only it is my nation. I have ships and am exploring out beyond my island. It is much the same as Australia with the ships exploring up towards Cambodia / Vietnam, only everywhere I haven't visited is shrouded in black. As the ships move I can then see the areas they 'unshroud'. They are travelling down a river, and up tibrutaries revealing areas of thick jungle. The scene shifts to a road, where my boss says "I remember growing up here." He goes into a story I vaguely remember, something very in his nature, bowel movements and wheelies on his bicycle.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28 - Perth, Western Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: A Water Jar and Exploration

Rook,
Look at the glass jar as a reflection of self full of unconscious emotions {filled with water}. It may 'reflect' your unconscious state of mind which may be affecting your conscious well being.

Another person's hand may represent the influence of some other person in these emotions. It/they are causing these emotions to rise, and fall. Or the image may be some aspect of yourself causing the flow of emotions. The 'Try this' may suggest your inner voice trying to bring attention to these emotions and the reasons causing them.

The world, your nation being viewed by 'God' may suggest you need to take a higher perspective of yourself instead of dwelling on the lesser things in life. Exploring certain emotions {refer back to dream #1} causing unconscious conflicts {which affect your conscious life}. These emotions are beginning to show themselves, flowing from aspects that have previously been inhibited from conscious view.
Perhaps you need to examine deeper emotional associations that have recently influenced your conscious actions. Looking at these experiences {associated with the emotional conflicts} from a broader view may provide better insights as to their source. You may unconsciously be aware of the source but have yet to admit/understand their ability to influence you.

The boss may be another metaphor for the higher self, an ability to control. That may suggest you have the ability to control these emotions if you let them out instead of playing with the emotions that are out of balance {bicycle}. It could even refer to an actual person, your real boss, or someone who fits that role {husband, parent, boyfriend}. Has he or some other person had some influence on your emotional well being of late? It could be associated with the 'other person's hand' {in dream #1} that is affecting the flow of your emotions.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: A Water Jar and Exploration

Jerry

Am I that in touch with my feminine side that every one thinks I am a woman? You are not the first to say husband / boyfriend or in some other way insinuate femininity upon me within the realms of the inpersonal ether.

Developing a complex here.

But in terms of your analysis I could see the emotions being stirred by an external source for sure.

I can also definitely see the benefits of taking a more gods eye view approach to my life over getting bogged down in the nitty gritty. This is certainly something that I am experiencing.

Thanks,
Rook

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28 - Perth, Western Australia

stats from 7-14-10 to the present