Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pillars?

My sister Kallen and I are on the grounds of an elementary school. It feels as though we are like the night watchmen, or, that we are looking for something. But there are some keys we do not have/are missing. (Scene Changes) It is still dark. I see Kallen hanging by her ankles, like someone is holding her by the ankles from above, as she hangs down by the surface of a large concrete base that sits in a body of water. The surface shows above the water by about 1.5 to 2 feet. There are some steel pillars attached to two sides of the concrete base via bolts that screw into the concrete. I feel that Kallen is working to (needs to) loosen and remove these bolts. There is another concrete base with attached pillars adjacent to the one Kallen is working on. (Scene Changes) I now see these concrete bases sitting on dry ground. There is also now a more luminescent light to the space. There is a black man with a vehicle that is very similar in design to the old M151A1/2 Jeeps I drove when I first entered the army.

My father is there, removing the bolts from the pillars. I am sitting a few feet away, on the ground, reading a book, as they work. The black man is some sort of helper, support person. His vehicle is very unique, as a jeep (“without hard top”) it is an all terrain vehicle, yet he and the vehicle both have a mysterious quality/light to them. I have the impression he works in mines, is like a mine worker. My father is still casually working to remove the bolts when he says something about my reading, that it is good that I read, that it gives me useful knowledge that will be helpful. He also mentions my brother Michael, how he too used to like to read. He finishes removing the last bolt and carries the handful of bolts over to the black man at the Jeep. As my father places the bolts into the cupped hand of the black man, the black man tells me that my father knows he ___________ (I don’t recall his words, but I had the impression that he changes/trades the metals in at the scrap yard).

I'd appreciate some keen input on the above dream. I felt positive when recording it this morning ... feeling a need to trust the unknown, as seen in the "Hangman" image of the Kallen-Me in the dream symbols. The whole dream scene felt positive, as if I was doing just that, trusting my not knowing. But, as my day went, I began to question the idea of the bolts of these foundational pillars being pulled loose. Oh, I admit, I've some doubt as I go about what surely feels a process of rebirth. Can't kid about that. I think it is natural. And I know it is necessary for the old to fall away. This was in fact part of my thought process in the past couple of days... That so many of our ills have their roots in our minds, the conditioning imposed by our learned beliefs. This came up for me as I considered the me who does over analyze ... make something seemingly more enormous than it need be. You know, the old making of a mountain out of a mole hill.

Meanwhile, I am going to go provide feedback on my Shoes, Congregation and Old Woman dream...and perhaps others, if time allows.

Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Kansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Pillars?

Kristi

Reading this dream it seems to me a procession regarding your 'search' (I assume for inner meaning or sommat). You are still missing some of the 'keys'.

In the start it is you and Kallen putting together the 'foundations of you' unconsciously. To me this is a pretty good metaphor of childhood development, establishing your Self unconsciously (feminine is strong here too).

Also the symbol of the hanging man is prevalent. Have you ever looked at tarot symbology before? My understanding of it is that it is about a reversal in viewpoint, changing perspectives if you will.

The scene changes, things change? You, along with your animus/masculine are (intellectually / consciously?) taking apart the nuts and bolts of yourself, possibly that which restricts you.

Note the miner - getting the precious from underneath the ground / unconscious.

The jeep, a recurring symbol of your dreams. To me the lack of roof speaks of freedom and boundless potential.

To me the overall theme seems to be regarding setting yourself free to be your true Self. To me that is very positive and sits with your initial emotional regard towards this dream.

I over-analyse dreams a lot, but haven't had a lot of time to analyse dreams, when I do it is short and sweet, and I am actually finding I usually do a better job when I spend just enough time to put the pieces together, but not too much time to rearrange them, and bang all the pieces in, if you take my meaning.

Sweet dreams,
Rook

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28 - Perth, Western Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Rook,

Thank you. I will come back and respond more, soon. I think I understand this one very well now. It surely is about an old structure or underpinning falling away. This too is an alchemical/transformative dream. The miner man is changing in "base" metals.

Kristi

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Kallen (my sister) in my dreams has always = the me who was sexually abused by my father. It took years for me to develop a relationship with her where she would begin to trust me. And my sense these days is that she carries great gifts for me.

I like how this dream started out with us being like the "night watchmen." It reflects the fact that I used to sleep with one eye open as a child. I thought that if I could keep an eye on the darkness, it would somehow keep me safe from harm. This need for self-protection became a primary (elemetary) behavior very early in my life.

I feel this first scene shows that my psyche is revisiting this early (elementary) issue to work out greater resolution. There are some keys needed…

From the MDS dictionary on “key:” Key - your unconscious is offering you access to your true identity or a solution to a problem.

The way to receive this key is to allow myself to be suspended, some like the hangman from the tarot: Open, passive, allowing, sacrificing (control), letting go… This is what the feminine must do to allow the positive help of the masculine.

In this scene, I don’t actually see how or where the feet are tethered. My feeling sense is that I am being suspended by a higher power.

Suddenly, the scene changes, and I am sitting on dry ground, reading a book while my father and the jeep, ore-miner man, work. The light is also more luminescent, as though a near and full moon shines right into the area. The interaction between my father and the jeep man is very casual, congenial, pleasant.

I take this scene to be reflecting the fact that (as in my new mother dream) there is also a very significant releasing from the effects and influences of my birth father underway…he himself is removing the pins of the structures that have connected me to him and freely hands them over to the ore man (an underground animus worker) who will trade the old steel pins in. While I don’t think my base metal is becoming gold yet, there is significant change underway. And this animus figure (jeep man) is also as a psychopomp in this dream, mediating between the unconscious and conscious for me. The feeling energy of my father is one that is very clean in essence (unlike I used to know and experience) and relinquishing, freeing, letting go, handing over.

The other thing is that I have not been reading as much as I would like to. So, when my father in this dream comments on it being good that I read, to read, I find it very encouraging. He even reminds me of the affinity for knowledge and stimulating, intuitive and intelligent conversation that my brother Michael and I shared.

Kristi

stats from 7-14-10 to the present