Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Can't Believe This Jungian Paradise

Hi, I just found this site last night. I am so honored to be allowed to be heard here. I read maybe a dozen dreams and noticed Jerry's message about his possible abdication or valediction from this site.
I knew instantly that Jerry had a far more comprehensive acumen of symbolism than I do. To borrow from Jung, "I hadn't the experience." Nature, he said, has first claim upon us, only long afterward does the luxury of intellect come.
It is an unalloyed illumination for me to be able to read Jerry's responses to all these dreams that are just like my dreams.
I have been going full tilt reading Jung for a year and a half, (while working full-time, yay) and keeping dream records. Jung made the unconscious a "basic scientific concept that is indispensable to any serious psychological investigation." He did the same thing with symbolism to religion.
At 32, my soul has "soared up from the flatlands, and from almost bestial stupidity." I don't know what the hell is going on, but I know something very serious is going on, and I hope it's the hastening of the stuttering maturation of my emotional and procreative yin anima feminine inferiorities.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 32, Montana

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Can't Believe This Jungian Paradise

Sam,
Welcome to the world of Jungian psyche. And of dreams, symbolism and metaphor. Your journey into the deep unconscious has started early {32 years old} compared to most who find themselves searching for meaning and personal growth. Your 'going full tilt' reading Jung reminds me of my own experiences in the early 90s, consuming all that I could about myth, dreams and the human psyche. If you stay with this path I can assure you life will open up to the greater possibilities, not only the personal but also to the universal truths that underlie and support all that is.

As a personal testament I can attest that Jungian psyche has been a guide that removed the void of emptiness that tugged at my unconscious life for the first 42 years and gave me direction and purpose. It removed barriers that held me back, from growing personally and from becoming a person who does have purpose. For those who have a true desire for personal growth, Jungian psyche can be that tool leading to self discovery, personal growth and spiritual awareness. It is a difficult path, as all genuine paths are, and uniquely has reminders of those difficulties, as all myths do, personal and universal. But in the course of discovering that inner self, that true self, you will begin to realize hidden truths about yourself and the world and cosmos for which we are all a part. Few are able to fully realize such truths because they are so imprisoned by the outer ego centered self. If you stay the course and follow the path of the hero, life will open up, barriers to that unique and true self will dissolve and you will find wisdoms beyond belief. Truths that were there all along, hidden beneath a world of unconscious stimuli, controlling who you are and become. It is a wondrous world, predicated on creativity and true spirituality {beyond any religion}. It is what the myths are made and to live a life of the hero path, you too will find your own myth, and path to wholeness and harmony.

One suggestion. With your studies of Jungian psyche be sure to include the works of Joseph Campbell. It was Campbell who turned me onto Jung with his ability to articulate the often difficult language of Jungian philosophy. It is through the myths we begin to understand symbol and metaphor and the relationship of myth and dreams. Campbell's notoriety is as great as Jung's, even more so because of his influence on George Lucas and the Star Wars Trilogy. The mind has an ability to recognize unconscious stimuli when the conscious self has little recognition of such inner truths. The world of myth is who we are collectively and when understood we can begin to understand the individual patterns of behavior, the emotional patterns that come up in our nightly dreams, informing us what is true and what is out of balance in the individual life. Restoring that balance is why we dream, a mechanism of nature much like the immune system of the body, healing for the mind and the emotional conflicts that often control the outer life beyond good reason. As in the myths, our dreams are as exciting, and frightening as the greatest stories ever told. As Campbell often stated, " Dreams Are Private Myths, Myths Are Public Dreams". The story of Luke Skywalker is the story of the individual life. One only need to follow the path of the hero to discover the truths of the sages, those who have gone before us blazing a path to self discovery and a life of harmony. Each life has meaning and when that meaning is realized and lived it will provide guidance for others to follow. That is what makes it a heroic adventure, and a mythic one if only for the individual life.

Once again Sam welcome to our little world in cyberspace. I hope you will visit often and I encourage you to become a part of the Dream Forum and participate in the discussions. We are centered on self discovery and personal growth. I am confident if you do become a 'Jungian' you will find so many truths that others never realize, and find within yourself a world of meaning and purpose. And all the while you will become a better person and learn to love life as it is, and as it was meant to be.

twat twam asi,
Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Wow, Thank You, Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 32, Montana

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Sam,
Below is the Joseph Campbell video 'The Hero's Journey'. It provides excellent insights to Campbell the man as well as his influence on a generation of those searching for the inner truths that help fulfill the deep desire to find meaning and balance. This video provides insights to his life as well as the deeper insights of the psyche, for which he was a master, and I and many who frequent the Dream Forum are impassioned students. Campbell was a storyteller, a master of words able to articulate the language of the soul, of myth and dream. For it is the soul for his words are directed and derived. To best understand Jung it is imperative to read Campbell.

Joseph Campbell - The Hero's Journey

R-CANE-1 | MySpace Video

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present