Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mexican Prayer Room (?)

I dreamt that my brother and his fiance were moving into a condo in NC. I remember they were asking me about what to buy for additional storage since they had felt they had little. I remember them asking me if I would help them move in which I rold them "of course!" and that we dsicussed their concern for a lack of funiture to fill the space (where I had advised them not to worry, it would fill in with time). I also remember wood paneling and an ugly orange shag rug and saying "oh yeah, these have GOT to go!"

At one point I headed to the entrance way of the condo and found a room to the site, almnost like an alcove, but then opened up. When I went inside I found the room to be circular and of a good size. There was a lot of extra storage with cupboards on the bottom and on the top. There were also strangers in there dressed in various colors getting coffee, etc. and talking (I remember one woman filling a coffee mug) and I remember knowing to myself it was a mexican prayer room. I saw a shrine to the Virgin Mary on the counterspace in one section.

I remember calling both my bvrother and his fiance to let them know they had additional space and a mexican prayer room. (and at the same time wondering how to explain the strangers within the space).

I don't know where the mexican prayer room came from. (or what the meaning may be?) I was telling my dad about the condo with the carpet and shag rug to which he told me that when I was about 1-2 years old we had those in our first home, and somewhere, they must still be implanted in my mind and they must have offended me then (lol).

I appreciate any thoughts on the prayer room!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 33, Buffalo, NY

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? years ago

Re: Mexican Prayer Room (?)

Jackie,
Two possibilities for the inclusion of your brother in your dream {with his fiancee a possible aspect to the possibilities}. One would be the actual relationship with your brother. The other would be your brother representing a masculine aspect {animus} of your psyche. It may also do both {as usual since dreams do often address more than one aspect}.

The best possibility of your brother being in the dream would be some aspect of your relationship with him. The additional storage needed in the condo {complex emotions involving the relationship} may suggest a need/desire to increase input into the relationship. The lack of furniture may also suggest a lack of a relationship with him. The wood paneling is something that covers a wall, perhaps representing barriers between you and your brother. The same holds for the rug, something that covers the foundations of the relationship. The orange color may suggest a need to remove past 'aggression' between the two of you.

The room you found may be the additional 'room' you want/need/desire for more involvement for him in your life. The prayer 'room' may suggest a deeper involvement of soul in this relationship, something that may been difficult in the past due to some aspect of the relationship {does his fiancee have add to the involvement in the relationship?}. You may need to look to your 'higher self' to get past the 'barriers' b tween you and him {or some aspect of it}.
Are you Catholic?

You have decided to give more time and effort to the relationship {again the fiance may be part of the 'complex' relationship with your brother}.

The added personal information may hold clues to the dream. If there were early life experiences involving your brother there may be 'foundations' from that time {as represented by the covered 'floor' by the orange shag rug. The dream may be addressing shared experiences by both you and your brother. The need/desire to give to your brother may involve giving more time to think about shared experiences more so than just the relationship.

The other possibility would be your brother representing your animus. I don't see that as the best possibility although it may be addressing masculine issues {deeper issues} that relate to past experiences that now affect those masculine aspects. A damaged masculine aspect may be part of the barriers that kept you from getting past conflicts, the will to overcome them in a 'masculine way' {fortitude, perseverance, masculine qualities}.

What is the relationship with your brother? Is there or has there been conflicts in that relationship? If so then there would be the dream drama unfolding mirroring waking life experiences, but with an unconscious perspective of the higher self getting involved and overcoming the barriers and conflicts {dreams as a therapeutic mechanism}. Your response may provide clues to the dream.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi Jerry...you had some interesting things there...To add some additional "in waking" information: My brother moved to North Carolina. We were estranged for some years and when he moved we actually got closer (I helped in their transition) and oddly, we've become quite close. We were really close prior to having that time period of not talking (some years actually) and even our ages are close (I am older by 1 year and 1 month to the day).

The Mexican Prayer Room - I am not Catholic, but I did see one on TV about 6 months ago. I had never even heard of one prior to seeing it. Oddly, on the TV Show, Saving Grace (maybe there is a connection to that, too?)

What I was thinking - was that - you see, I want to move to NC and I am planning it in my mind...It feels like "going home" in a sense, so maybe perhaps it has to do with my wishes and desires being fulfilled and getting in touch with my spirituality (since I would be able to work in my desired field in NC, but I am unable to here, in NY)...

This may perhap shed more light :)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 33, Buffalo, NY

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? years ago

Jackie,
Thanks for your follow-up response. Your added remarks add to the possibilities of the dream message as well as confirm the greatest extent of the interpretation.

Interpretation: The best possibility of your brother being in the dream would be some aspect of your relationship with him. The additional storage needed in the condo {complex emotions involving the relationship} may suggest a need/desire to increase input into the relationship.

Response: My brother moved to North Carolina. We were estranged for some years and when he moved we actually got closer (I helped in their transition) and oddly, we've become quite close.

Seeing the prayer room on television is a common way dreams use such images, reflecting a deep identification with the stated image.

Your response also seems to be addressing the spiritual aspect {prayer room}. The prayer room would fit well with the spiritual or the Individuated Self {an aspect of the psyche Jung tells us we all possess, as with the Shadow, mana and masculine/feminine aspects}. This demonstrates Jung's contention that a dream usually addresses more than one aspect of the dreamer's psyche {relationship with brother - animus/masculine, and spiritual aspects/prayer room}.

What would be the central message of the dream other than the above stated relationships? Joseph Campbell says we should do that thing in life that fulfills the soul's deepest desires.

Response: What I was thinking - was that - you see, I want to move to NC and I am planning it in my mind...It feels like "going home" in a sense, so maybe perhaps it has to do with my wishes and desires being fulfilled and getting in touch with my spirituality (since I would be able to work in my desired field in NC, but I am unable to here, in NY)...

You would be fulfilling two great desires in your life. This dream, and probably other dreams you have had and will have, seems to be supporting those deepest desires. And if the dream {your true self unabated by ego centric bias} says it is so, then you can take that to the bank.

Just one question. Was the prayer room you saw in the television program a Mexican prayer room? If not then the Mexican wording may have its own interpretation addressing something within your psyche.
Such is the way of dreams.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present