Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hopefully a nice easy one

Ooops didn't post it last time - second try!

These should (hopefully) be nice classic ones with typical symbology as they are short ones!

Flying - In one case as a child, running around a field with other unknown children, having fun. Raced downhill towards a tree then shot up it into the sky, running through the sky.

In another case, filled with excitement, lifted off the ground and glided slowly over a few fences, getting previews of a few gardens down the road.

Birds - In one case, looking out the window. The clouds / light were distorted and racing through the sky like mad (time sped up?). A huge metallic bird was on the horizon, glowing white mostly but other colours, in a heat haze.

In another case, picturing a massive bird/man in the sky above a town, stood up straight as an arrow, wings spread wide (kinda egyptian style), with sort of streamers coming from it towards everyone.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: uk 33

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Hopefully a nice easy one

This is obscure, so more likely to be something mashed together from films I'd watched at some point. It's short though!

Sense of sadness. In dark corridor with a huge window looking down on the world, but it's red. I look down. My toes look like giant fingers, but green and scaly.

(Does that mean I turned into a politician in my dream?)

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

Simon,
I will look at these additional dream tidbits and your previously posted dream later today. There may be a pattern forming that may provide clues to the first posted dream. The birds and the sky in the dreams may hold significant info.

What was your childhood life. Are there any experiences from that time that may be important to the first dream? 'Dark figures and children in caves' as the title would be a possible signal of such experiences from childhood. As stated in my interpretation caves usually symbolize unconscious contents. The deeper the cave the deeper those contents.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Wish I could answer that but it's a bit of a blur.

As far as location is concerned, we moved a fair bit, but that seems to ba a family history - past the last couple of generations, there's scots, welsh, celts, germans, jews, french - seems the family like to migrate.

One brother (younger). Parents together. Aside from that fairly small family. Not much in the way of relatives.

Vaguely remember snippets of different places and times, but you know how it is..

I can well believe it's memories nagging at me, though some persist more than others. I do recall being sat in a pushchair as a kid listening to people talking - hearing is a lot better as a kid - seems a lot easier to focus on one conversation and filter it out than it does these days.

Off on tangents anyway now - please post if there's anything specific I might be able to help with to shed some light.

Simon,
If you mean by blur your childhood, then that is what dreams do, reveal those vague emotional experiences that possessed enough 'psyche energy' to live on within the psyche long after the original experience. Especially if were a negative emotional experience. Sometimes they are merely forgotten, other times they may be repressed due to the difficulty of the experience. All dreams have meaning and to look at a dream and merely see 'flying' as having no specific meaning is to misinterpret the dream and not understand the message of the dream. The intent at the Dream Forum is to get the dreamer to focus on the meaning of each dream, and thus what message the dream has to offer to help balance the dreamer's psyche. Dreams are therapeutic, much like the immune system of the body {an aspect provided by nature}, they help heal, often whether or not they are understood or interpreted. Jung used dreams as a part of the 'Individuation Process', self analysis, self discovery, self help in achieving personal and emotional growth and spiritual understanding {including in Jung's approach the creative aspect which he saw also as a phenomenon of the 'natural' psyche}. Immediate family history is what is important and not the generational tree. What you personally experience in life is what most dreams will address, and expose. The dream is about you, your life, your emotional life in particular.

Do you have problems focusing in the present time?
"seems a lot easier to focus on one conversation and filter it out than it does these days.
Any known psyche problems already being addressed, expert help included? The first posted dream seems to contain deeper psyche aspects, something that may affect your attitudes, impulses, general behavior as an adult.
From my original interpretation;
"The second circle, perhaps a second chance to become whole."

This may be that time and place in life where such unconscious 'blurred' memories and/or experiences are ready for conscious consumption. But it will take a willingness and self discipline to achieve any success or progression. And it is a process YOU must undertake with help from others merely a cursory event. We can help interpret your dreams, provide insights we have gained from the study of Jungian psyche but the task of healing, the leg work to whatever is out of balance is yours.

What say you?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Simon
Ooops didn't post it last time - second try!

These should (hopefully) be nice classic ones with typical symbology as they are short ones!

Flying - In one case as a child, running around a field with other unknown children, having fun. Raced downhill towards a tree then shot up it into the sky, running through the sky.

>>> Any idea why you shot up the tree into the sky? Do you recall how it felt when this happened? It makes me think about climbing the symbolic steps of a ladder to get to something like a goal/wish/dream.
Or is it about the sense of freedom? Being free of burden (like a child)?

In another case, filled with excitement, lifted off the ground and glided slowly over a few fences, getting previews of a few gardens down the road.

>>> Again lifted (like the flying in the first dream) off the ground. Gliding over fences...could these be obstacles? Getting previews of a few gardens down the road...preview..future...again it makes me think of wishes/dreams. But also 'the grass is always greener on the other side' comes to my mind...also the words 'if only i had/could..., then i...'.

Birds - In one case, looking out the window. The clouds / light were distorted and racing through the sky like mad (time sped up?). A huge metallic bird was on the horizon, glowing white mostly but other colours, in a heat haze.

>>> Birds...flying/gliding...sense of freedom...wish for freedom? Can you recall how you felt when watching out of the window and seeing all those things?

In another case, picturing a massive bird/man in the sky above a town, stood up straight as an arrow, wings spread wide (kinda egyptian style), with sort of streamers coming from it towards everyone.

>>> Arrow...aiming for something? What were the streamers doing? Did they influence everyone in some way? And again: what were your feelings while dreaming this?

Only added questions/ideas...could maybe get you started on interpreting your dreams or awaken something.

Greetings,
Maskso

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 netherlands

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

The streamers, people weren't aware of. It was like a plant absorbing sunlight - felt like energy in the dream.

All interesting stuff - thanks

Thanks - what would the birdlike figures / the metallic bird and the sky represent though?

Best Regards
Simon

stats from 7-14-10 to the present