Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Madonna invited me to spent some time with her

Dream from last night:

I can't recall that much from the beginning of the dream, only that Madonna invited me to spent some time with her and that at one point we kissed. This was quite intense. I felt/knew she was going to touch my belly next, but something came up.

The time with Madonna goes on and at one point we go to my childhood-neighbourhood (not conscious of this being my childhoodneighbourhood in the dream). We are going there because Madonna has organised a family-gathering (her family). I enter a backyard and through a backdoor i enter a large livingroom. Madonna and all of her family is already there. In front of the window (facing the backyard) there is a large couch. Here Madonna is seated. In front of the coach lots of chairs are put down in rows, just like for an audience. Here all her family-members are seated. Almost everyone is sitting when i enter the livingroom. Only a young man, her nephew, and Madonna are still standing. I see them licking ice-cream and then know that she had bought ice-cream for every familymember. The ice-creams are quite large, coloured reddish purple and i know they were made of a berry-type. Her nephew isn't just still standing without a reason. He started to feel ill while eating the ice-cream and i have the feeling it is making him that ill that he will die from it. I take over his ice-cream and watch it closely. I'm not sure wether to try it or not, to find out if the taste is oke or not. I notice the ice-cream has the figure of a funny looking little man. Then Madonna comes towards us. She hasn't eaten much of her ice-cream yet and she offers to take her nephews ice-cream..so they trade and Madonna starts finishing the ill-making one. Nothing happens to her and she sits down on the couch again, inviting me to sit next to her.
The family-gathering seemed to go on for a pretty while when my attention goes to the backyard. I feel that something not right out there. Someone feels threatening. From my position on the couch i close the backdoor and start locking it. At that point it's the backdoor from my parents (childhood) house. I recognize the new locks and are experiencing some difficulties locking them. Through the new locks i can still see the old ones and i wonder if they are meant to be closed also. I give it a try, but they don't seem to work so i stop trying. I then watch out the backyard window. It's dark outside now and it's hard to see anything outside. At one point i think i see something like a large flame as a reflection in the window, but because it is seen in less then a second i turn back to the family again, not believing what i'd possibly seen.
Some time later all of a sudden everybody is standing up because something is happening almost above us. I look up and see a man standing on a flat roof. It appears the ceiling above us has vanished, so we now can look at the sky. The man is busy with preparing material from the firebrigade. Some people tell him there's no fire, but he goes on and suddenly i remember what i'd seen in the reflection and i tell the man about what i'd seen and that it hadn't been my imagination. He tells me that indeed it was real what i'd seen and a few seconds later water is being let down into the leavingroom, to prevent it from getting on fire.
While talking to this man, who by the way was an actor, i come to know that a woman is trying to set this livingroom on fire. I see the woman while talking about her. She has long dark hair and she seems very angry, almost evil.
We leave the livingroom/house. I leave with Madonna. After some walking we come close to another backyard. In the bushes around this yard an unknown mother is lying. We tell her about a woman trying to set a house on fire and it takes us not that much to find out this unknown mother is hers. The mother is partly crying as she tells us how much she wishes her daughter would stop that trying to set fire on. She tells things like she didn't raise her to become like this. I believe the mother.
Then i walk to the front of the houses. I all of a sudden take a few (four?) batteries out of something. I walk into the frontyard of what seems the middle one of the row of houses. I know this is the house where the evil woman lives. In the front yard she keeps various boxes in which she keeps different stuff. I pick up one of the boxes, put the batteries in, as if they are empty and ready to be thrown away, and then put the box back. I then notice an open box en pick that one up. This one is full of malls of teeth...one or even more teeth in the gums...not real but like malls. I then seem to remember something; like i then know what else -in the past- this evil woman caused. I put the box back, thinking this woman is really evil.
I walk back towards the backyard where the evil woman's mother is still hanging over the bushes. (btw; this backyard belongs to also one of my childhoodhomes---the mother is living in this house, while her daughter is living in the middle one of the same row). I don't know how/why, but all of a sudden we (Madonna is still there) know that the mother had been faking before about feeling so sad about what her daughter had turned into. It appears that mother and daughter had been working together; joined forces. After hearing this Madonna pulls me into a frontyard of a house in another row. This seems to be (one of) her house(s). While following her i remember our kiss and the almost touching and feel a craving for her touching my belly. I try to feel (in thought) my belly and feel my belly is still too full to be touched by her. Besides that i suddenly feel i need to go to the toilet, then knowing that my belly will be oke after that.
Though the house in real life is normal of size, in the dream it is really huge and seems to be of no end. I first follow Madonna here and there, but she has to do things of her own, so i start walking around myself.
There seem to be a lot of rooms and they have no doors; they are all connected. Only the bathroom seems to have a door, that is open while i'm passing it. It reminds me of how big my need to go to the toilet is. Then i see another door. This one is open too and push it a little more and look inside. It seems to be a storage room. I notice a few large closed paper bags...light green with pink. I remember having seen them in someone elses house and remember what they contain. They contain computer/telephone-like things. When put together these things made it possible to stay connected to everyone around the world and in that remembrance i knew that person moved a lot. Seeing these bags in Madonna's house i knew this was just one of her houses, that she moves around the world and likes to stay in touch with everyone where ever she is. I get on walking through the rest of her house. I don't see her anywhere. The house just seems to go on and on..no ending.
Then i enter an open hallway which seems to lead to a more public part of the house. I ran into a woman and ask her where i can find a toilet. She walks with me and ahead of me i see a large toiletspace. But i don't seem to make it till there, because i suddenly see something like a restaurant..still in the house. I walk through it and watch the people sitting there. When walking past a table i see a woman sitting alone at a table. I know her from somewhere but can't exactly recall. Then Madonna walks in and comes to us. I tell her i know this woman. The woman looks friendly and seems to say that she has noticed me too somewhere. I then remember that this woman had been at some kind of happening. I then know that (just ordinary) people can 'book' her to make their party or anykind of happening a little more special...to give it an extra touch so to speak. I then look around and see another woman and then know she is this womans sister. I look further and notice that a lot of the people sitting in the restaurant are known to me...actors, singers etc. They all look very friendly.
Then Madonna takes me with her, away from the restaurant. We walk through little passages and it feels like we're in a huge studenthome, with kitchens everywhere. We start feeling hungry and so we walk into on of the small studentkitchens. We look around to see if there's something to eat/ to make dinner of. We only find some cauliflower. We still look some more and think about what we can make of it. I then come up with the possibility of making cauliflower soup first and tell Madonna that this will give us and food and more time to look around what else is there to eat. She's oke with my idea and so we start. But even pots and pans are hard to find. I have seen a little bag with some herbs in it and wthink about putting them in hot water to give the soup a little more taste.
While in the process of cooking Madonna is no longer there. It seems like she has transformed into a man (from my own student life). When we've two pans we walk to the stove, but only see two burners instead of the normal four. But i know we don't need all four so that's oke. But the two burners are elextric and i wonder if this will be a problem for me because i'm used to cooking on gas. We seem to get busy with a pan and burner each. Behind the stove there's a window and suddenly a charismatic, teacherlike man appears behind it. Though i can't hear him, it's like he's asking me how we're doing. I point him towards my pan on the burner; though it's not longer on the burner, but in it. I tell the man that the burner aren't so easy to cook on, because they in fact are holes where the pan should be put in, making it a little harder. But i also tell him we'll manage. The man then laughs hard but friendly and seems to be oke with what he'd seen. Like he trusted what was going on. Then he vanishes.
The cauliflower is boiling in the water now and i see a large and full pan besides mine. I'm surprised. I didn't know there was so much other food here? But then the answers comes; a woman walks in and takes the pan of the burner. It appeared to be not our food.
I then am busy with how to get the water with herbs boiled. I find an electric cooker but it seems a bit too small. I talk about it with the man i'm with (the transformation of Madonna). In a flash were sitting together..it feels like loves is in the air...but when i want to talk about this love-feeling he says it's time to finish the soup...i notice his legs are crossed and he stands up...it's makes me a little sad but i follow him into the kitchen. There i am, again standing with the electric cooker. I then notice that i remember this cooker, whitch looks more like a little cattle and remember my grandparents having one. I then know that it's for making tea, not soup. But because we don't have anything else i decide it's oke to use for the water with herbs..the process of cooking the water and then let the herbs give it taste is in fact the same as making tea so...

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 netherlands

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Madonna invited me to spent some time with her

Awesome dream. I had a dream about a month or two ago where I was sitting in a theater, I said loudly I wanted to watch a Pink Floyd concert, or light show. An older woman standing next to me told me to now look, and my perception went down to the stage, passed the stage, and descended down further, through brick and I ended up at the bottom of a larger theater. I looked around and saw Thom Hartmann doing his radio talk show, and I noticed a buffet line, which I went over to. A giggling baby served me a piece of pizza, and then someone swiped it out of my hand, saying 'that's Ian's pizza' . Ian is an old class mate who is now a policeman. Ha! I thought that was like your cooking troubles. It sometimes reminds me of a feedback loop, where if you follow an idea or a value far enough it becomes its own opposite or enemy. In one ear I hear, 'You know, irritability, bad moods, and outbursts of affect are all symptoms of chronic virtuousness' and in the other comes, 'So much depends on one's mental and moral qualities'. They are contradictory statements. I don't know if this has anything to do with your dreams, I do think your dream had an element of the numinous in it, thrilling.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 32, Montana

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi Sam,

thanks for your input.

"...a feedback loop, where if you follow an idea or a value far enough it becomes its own opposite or enemy." This sounds interesting; started thinking about this and need to do some more thinking on it...

Mask

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

The evening before i had this dream i was listening to "Human" from the Killers and thought about the possible meaning of the lyrics.
"Are we human, or are we dancer?" Could be the dream is focussing on this question, but i'm not sure.

To me the meaning of 'dancer' in the lyrics is "the inner artist". Something like: "what a persons talents are".."what makes a person unique".

As for Madonna it is the singing/dancing/music. Though in the dream she was 'just Madonna' and i didn't 'see' her as a celebraty. I'm not really a fan of Madonna, but when i think about where she has come from and how she worked her up to what she is right now, i feel an admiration for it. I think she let go of lots of familiar things, safety etc, and seemed to have followed her heart.

"Are we human or are we dancer?" Yes, of course we are human in the first place, but to me there's more. In each person that 'dancer' exists and it is by following the heart the dancer will appear. It is because of the fact that we are human we have the brain to think, we have our own will and we have free choice.

"Madonna invited me to spent some time with her." Madonna here i think is symbolic for my (bigger) dream/wish/goal. She is symbolic of my inner artist.
At the end of the dream she transforms into that former studentfriend, while we were preparing a soup from the food at hand. I think this could be saying: "Look around at what you have right now and start with that.", "Be inventive." With my wish/dream (Madonna) in sight she transforms into that man. This feels like, if i follow my dream (heart)the power i need for it (animus) will show up.

Maybe even Madonna stands for my shadow. There are things that i kind of dislike about Madonna, but in fact these things are maybe the things that made her who she is today. She dares to confront, to shock. Not that i want to shock people (not that i know), but i'd like to dare more, take risks.

The evil woman in the dream i think is my shadow. The family-gathering i think is a gathering of all my inner 'persons' (feelings, thoughts, emotions). Maybe these are the things that make my belly feel 'full/blown'. (repressed and/or unxpressed feelings/emotions)
I find it a bit strange to think that that evil woman is my shadow. I feel her anger, but it's weird to think that this evil, angry woman is symbolic of something inside of me...that i feel anger and even more evil in myself.
This woman tries to set the livingroom with all of us on fire. While trying to step in her anger right know i try to feel what she could be angry about so much. The only thing i can come up with is 'me staying where i am'...'my anxieties'...'my passiveness'. Maybe her goal of setting 'it all' on fire is only because of 'transformation'...'to symbollicaly die and be born again.'
The reflection of the flame i see in the window. I don't know what to make of this yet.
The man (actor) already there to prevent the livingroom from being set on fire. I don't know if this man being an 'actor' is also about the artist or here about 'a role played'. Does it maybe mean that i step into a role to prevent myself from transformation? Or does he maybe show that releasing emotions is a possible way of preventing the conscious from something destructive?
The only thing clear here i think is where i lock the door. I lock the door to the backyard when i only already have a hunch of what could be coming (anger).
Hmm, still have to find out what is good...to sometimes rage or to let emotions flow to prevent myself from becoming very angry.

I liked the part in which i took a look in Madonna's storage room...the green/pink bags with 'media-stuff' which keeps one connected with friends/family where-ever he is. This makes me think about the hero-path being a lonely path. When one has a goal and one tries to follow his/her heart where-ever it takes one, it could lead him very far from his safe surroundings and loved ones. The green/pink made me think of the heart (chakra) and i think this part is saying something like one really never is all alone.

The woman in the restaurant...i remembered her. She could be booked by (just ordinary) people to give a party (or something else) an extra touch. I remembered the woman, so i 'know' her, which i think means that she a part of me. 'Just ordinary people' right now made me think about "Are we human or are we dancer" again. Just ordinary people i think could stand for "human"..the extra touch given to a party (life)by this woman then is the "dancer"...And i think this all has to do with being ones true self...with living by the heart...with being your own artist (do the things you like best...dare to)

Madonna and kissed, which felt very intense and then i crave for her touching my belly. To me the kissing part stands for the fact that i already have met my inner Madonna and i crave for her. Craving for her 'touching my belly'...isn't it the belly where normally ideas, hunches etc come from? The belly being the place of the solar plexus.

I will definitely do some more thinking about this dream!

In regards to Madonna and your belly, Madonna is also the Virgin Mary. Campbell said the virgin birth was an inner developement of the birth of a spirituality in an individual. Just a suggestion.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 32, Montana

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

I hadn't thought of the Virgin Mary at all. Cambell's words about her/the symbolic i think is also part of the dream Madonna, because my wish/goal involves sort of integration of the moore spiritual side of me.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present