Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Long, elaborate, and weird dream

Okay, this dream is weird.

I'm at school eating lunch with my friends when I realize I'm late for Philosophy. I don't think the class is really important since, that semester, that was the class I had immediately following lunch, anyway. But, I'm late for Philosophy AND I realize that I forgot my homework. We were supposed to come to school in our swimsuits and Mrs. Eveland was going to grade us on them. So I get to class and I see a female friend of mine who isn't even in that class getting graded on her swimsuit. It was blue with purple frills and didn't cover her breasts. I have never seen this friend in a swimsuit before, but I know that she wouldn't wear that, obviously. But, she's getting graded and I go into the class and sit in my seat, which wasn't my seat in the real world, but I sit down and another female friend of mine, also not in that class, is sitting in front of me and the projector turns on showing on the wrong wall and everyone's clothes change and I'm wearing an Ironman costume minus the helmet and Ironman and Batman are across the room giving a presentation on Superheroism. And Ironman realizes that I'm wearing an Ironman costume because my chest is glowing like his does (everyone in the room is in costume at this point) and we both make those motions two people make when they realize their wearing similar outfits. Then class takes a break and I'm with the second friend and we're standing by a bookcase that wasn't originally there and, for some reason, are singing the national anthem for Ironman and Batman. (I told you this was long and elaborate) And then there's like a cut scene and I can see outside that a helicopter is lifting a gigantic Great White Shark from the ocean and there's a weird, echoing voice over like an intercom says "All systems are go. The shark is free of the water." And the copter starts taking the shark through a city, not Omaha but more like New York, and the shark kicks his tail and breaks free, shrinks down to about Labrador size and flies through a window. After which he becomes cartoonish and a Black Tip Shark with Goblin Shark teeth. He flops over to a water jug and opens it to pour water over gills that are kinda jagged looking. Then me and Ironman (I'm out of costume) walk into the room which goes from a cubical office to a kitchen, and Ironman looks at me and says, "How did a shark get in here?" I shrug. Then this random dude who neither of us know walks in and says, "Hey, what's a shark doing in the kitchen?" And Ironman says, "He's, uh, helping us cook!" I nod and throw the shark a hamburger, lettuce, buns, and Oreo cookies. The shark puts the burger together, then starts stuffing it with the cookies and throws it to Ironman, who grills it with everything on it. Then he gives it to me and I eat it. It tastes really, really good. And we make alot and the other dude likes it. Then there's another cut scene and we're in Korea (I don't know why) and the government is there and they want to take away the shark because they're interested in how a Black Tip Goblin Shark knows how to make Oreo Cookie Burgers and Ironman and me are trying to convince them that Hank, the shark, belongs to us. And then I woke up.

No joke, this was a real dream. The night I had this dream, I woke up, went to the store, and bought two packages of Oreo Cookies and a jug of milk. Did not have it with a burger. Wasn't too sure how that would taste in the real world as opposed to my weird Dreamscape. Hope you can help me interpret this because it made absolutely no sense to me. Although it was highly entertaining!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18 Omaha, NE

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Long, elaborate, and weird dream

Erika

Might take a shot this one, I do enjoy a challenge. I get the feeling that this dream may be addressing recent events, but that is a hunch based on nothing but my own intuition. Will let you know if I dredge up anything.

Sweet dreams,
Rook

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28 - Perth, Western Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Kristi

The setting of the dream is the school, which indicates to me it is about something you have learnt or must learn, related to the subject philosophy, your motives, how you approach / think about things.

The dream then seems to be addressing evaluating physical appearance, with effectively a swimsuit competition.

You have not done your homework... does that mean a lack of working out perhaps? A lack of excercise (working on physical appearance - form as opposed to accessorising).

Additionaly it could be about 'exposing something' esp in the exposed breasts of the friend.

Again, there is a repeated theme occuring, that being the costume with exposed parts. You are wearing an 'Ironman' outfit with an exposed head. Again there is the repeated symbol drawing attention to the chest / breast.

Singing the national anthem, perhaps denotes pride? Or identity, this could be related to the costume, which can be symbollic of our persona, how we want to be percieved externally, which would also explain the presence of your friends.

Also note the bookcase that wasn't there earlier... Another repeated theme, a symbol of knowledge / learning. The school, the exposed head could be speaking of knowledge (head / brain), and now a bookcase.

The next scene involves bringing a shark out of the ocean and into the city. I see this as moving from the unconscious into consciousness. The shark itself could be a fear? Have you recently become aware of a previously unconscious fear that you had? Possibly to do with being exposed? Or failue (being a superhero). Just a couple of ideas. You also seem to know a lot about sharks. It may represent something else. Dream dictionary descriptions of sharks:

Seeing a shark in your dream, represents a person whom you see as greedy and unscrupulous. This person goes after what what he or she wants with no regards to the well-being and sensitivity of others. The shark may also be an aspect of your own personality which exhibit these qualities. Alternatively, you may be going through a difficult, painful, or unpleasant emotional period. The shark symbolizes feelings of anger, hostility, and fierceness. You may be an emotional threat to yourself or to others.

The shark does not seem threatening in the dream though, even helpful. It helps you prepare burgers / food, believe it or not, another symbol of knowledge, but more related to how we 'consume it'.

The thing that stands out to me, the patty is replaced with Oreo's. Rather than meat you are using creamy cookies. Perhaps rather than consuming the meaty substance you are fluffing and sweetening 'it' up. Whatever 'it' is...

Your, or perhaps another persons authority (foreign government) is trying to take the shark away. That might give clues to what the shark is if you are in conflict with an external authority over some aspect of your personality represented by a shark?

I don't know if any of this is giving you any clarity. It seems quite jumbled to me.

I suppose to summarise:

There is the repeated symbols:

-of learning
-of being exposed, or something being exposed to you
how you are percieved externally
-being evaluated (the bikini comp + the government analysis of the shark)
-something sharky coming strongly into your conscious awareness
-heroism

Any feedback thus far? More info may help bone down a specific meaning. Look to recent events in this regard.

Kind regards,
Rook

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Wow, that actually cleared a lot of things. In regards to the lack of exercising homework thing, I actually haven't been exercising when I should be. My mom's actually starting to get mad at me because I haven't. And it's not because she wants me to be the beautiful she never was; she just wants me to be strong.

And with the glowing piece on the costume drawing attention to my breasts, that could be because I recently lost 10 pounds and went from a size 16 jean to a size 5. But I also went from a D to a C and it kinda pissed me off. So maybe that's what that means.

And the National Anthem / Pride thing? Dear God, all my friends think I'm far too proud and patriotic for my own good. I'm actually the only one in my first period class that stands for the pledge. Add to the fact that I joined the military and am completely willing to fight and maybe even die for my country and you've got Way-to-patriotic-for-own-good-itis.

Bookcase/exposed head/learning thing could be the fact that I LOVE learning. I read all the time and am probably the most intelligent person I know (if you ignore my GPA because I get bored in class and ignore everyone, including the teacher if the class isn't something like Psychology, Government, or Justice & Law).

As to your interpretation of the shark, I suppose you could say that I'm a greedy person. I eat constantly, though I recently learned that it's a biological thing. Humans will eat constantly because our body never knows when it will get it's next meal, especially for people who don't eat regularly which I don't. But it's to the point where I eat just to have something to do and I won't share with my brother or mom, which I used to do all the time.

The food/knowledge/sweetness thing. I probably should have clarified that the burger was not replaced with Oreo's. The Oreo's were just thrown on top of it like they were just another part of the burger like lettuce or tomatoes. But I suppose your interpretation still makes sense that I need to pay more attention in the classes I don't like and am not getting as good of grades as I can and should.

I have no clue as to the authority thing. I joined the Army and returned from Basic Training (which was where I lost all the weight) last summer; maybe that's got something to do with it.

And heroism is probably that I am now an American Soldier and soldiers have always been my heroes. So now I'm a hero? I dunno.

Bell rang, gotta go to my next class. Anyway, thanks for clarifying that dream for me, Rook. It really cleared up a lot of things in life for me.

Thanks,
Erika

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Hi Erika

haha sorry about saying Kristi... Don't know what planet I was on...

Maybe Neptune...

Anyhow, I would definitely say that the image of you singing the anthem for the superheroes, and then your becoming a superhero is definitely linked to the superhero status you give to the American soldier.

You are right, now you are one of those soldier-heros. Actually it's funny that I put Kristi on the top of my post because she served in the military. Maybe you would benefit from her experiences...

Anyhow back to the dream, you are being evaluated physically, for the military. In the final scene it is analysis in regards to the shark. How did you go with your eating in boot camp? I mean, the final part of the dream could be going somewhere foreign (to camp) where they want to take away the shark (eating attitude)? The government is a good representation of the military in my opinion.

In regards to the burger, rather than saying you are replacing the meat with sweetness, perhaps it is saying that you gobble up learning where there is something to 'excite your senses' added to it. A simple comment that you are good at learning, but only when it is something you are interested in? I mean to be perfectly honest, if something bores you to tears, I don't think there is any way around that to be honest. It takes a huge amount of effort to face up to it. More than anything I feel this is a powerful guide towards what career move to make after school.

So long as you do get the meat that you need to progress though. In my experience all careers have their boring bits that you need to know... for me it was statistics and database structures.

In response to not doing your (physical) homework. I think it is fundamental for a soldier to have an elite level of fitness. I don't think it's my place to reprimand you, that is the place of authority (such as mother or the military), but a word of encouragement.

I used to get bored by working out. I had no motivation if I didn't have a destination. eg if I was running late to catch up with the missus I could run flat out for miles, but if I was running to get fit I barely make it around the street corner before my body goes "what the f&$k?" and wants to stop. But my motivation now is the development of a pot belly, my lady & kids, plus the pheromones or whatever it is that makes you feel so awesome for hours after the workout. For me that is good motivation. Also putting my 2yo son in a pram and pushing that while I run. He pushes me hard ("faster daddy faster!") and I don't want to disappoint. It would probably help you to find some motivation to make you put in those miles, rather than seeing it as homework, if you catch my meaning.

Best of luck with it all,
Rook

Hey, Rook

I think you may be right about the food and boot camp thing. At Basic, we were fed three squares a day. Large portions of red meat, fruits, and vegetables. Here I don't eat as healthy as I should. And I must be masochistic or something because whenever I eat unhealthy (trying to stick to fruits, veggies, and meats) it makes me really, really sick and I wanna throw up. But I can't stop!

In learning, that's actually true. I'm only interested in things to do with Criminal Justice. That's a good thing, though, because I do want to be a Criminal Analyst for the FBI.

I'll try and see if I can turn running into something enjoyable, but right now it is way too cold to run without some severe chest pain. We just had four blizzards one after another and some of the snow piles are taller then houses! Our mayor actually had to call in FEMA for help because of the sheer amount of snow, the size of our city, and the fact that we only have 30 snow plows and that's not enough.

Thanks for your help!
Erika

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Erika

Shovel snow and bring some snow and ice down under.

Problem solved lol

Rook

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28 - Western Australia

stats from 7-14-10 to the present