Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
baby seal dream

I dreamed we were walking beside the river, preparing for a party out of doors, when I saw what I thought was a huge carp swimming toward us, as I watched it swam closer and turned out to be a baby seal. I was so happy because I knew the baby seal was for me. It did swim very close to the shore I was standing on and looked me in the eyes deeply. Then I awoke.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Minnesota

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: baby seal dream

Anne,
Dreams use metaphor and symbols to address the emotional conflicts in life {your dreams are about you}. A river is often symbolic language of flowing emotions {water representing the unconscious where emotions rule}. A party outdoors may be saying something about the outer self {as opposed to an unconscious internal conflict} that is in conflict. Fish in a dream often represents those true emotions, the true self unabridged by ego {as opposed as to what you may think are true}. A carp being a 'lesser' desired species of fish may be addressing an issue in your life that is undesirable but a real issue none the less. A seal is a creature that lives a good part of its life in/under the water. A baby seal may indicate a need/desire to have something new evolve that lets you be your true self, show your true emotions about this outer issue that is in conflict. But since you are in the mist of the mid-life thing it may be directing you to look inward to those true emotions and not cover up how you really feel about the issue. Looking into your eyes deeply is what you may need to do to overcome the conflicts. The eyes are your own eyes, looking with yourself for the true self, not letting the ego cover up what you really feel. What was an issue in conflict {carp} can become a new direction or asset {baby seal} if you will only let the objective ind rule and not the emotions that may cover up your true self.

Look at you waking life and determine what issues are in conflict {most likely something within a few days prior to the dream}. Have your emotions over ruled objective thinking? The outcome, if handled properly, may provide a new aspect of value. Look at yourself 'deeply' and see what is your true feelings and then approach the matter objectively. Such approaches, denying the emotions to rule, almost always produce a better outcome.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

I thought the dream was a happy omen, not a sign of conflict and hidden emotio0n. I think a carp is a magically lucky creature, as well as a seal....Thanks for the opposing opinion.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Anne,
Thanks for the follow-up response.

The dream could contain both, in fact probably does sense it requires a resolution to a conflict to produce a happy ending. The baby seal would be a positive symbol and although fish usually represent the true self, a carp {a lesser desired fish with a scaly body and little flesh to eat} was something that was 'transformed' into something positive. What must be done is to find waking life experiences that fit with the dream. It could be something deeper, a conflict over time that has recently been resolved either by purpose of natural evolution. Or it could be something more recent. If so, what recently in your life has been resolved and made life better? Something that was transformed into something positive. Look for both since dreams often address issues from the present and the past. At the age of 43 I look to deeper issues first since at mid-life our dreams tend to address unresolved life issues.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present