Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
friend saw me die

A male co worker informed me he had a bad dream that we were at work and it was total chaos. The plant we work in had been blown up and I was stuck behind machinery and was trapped in a brick wall. After he located me, he told me to climb up and out of the hole in the bricks. When I did so, he saw a brick hit me in the side of the head and it caused me to fall forward. He said he couldn't watch me hit the ground but when he looked back I was dead on the floor, with massive head injury. Help me make sense of this one. Thanks

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 ohio

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: friend saw me die

Lucy,
Not to worry. Dreaming of a death in a dream most ALWAYS symbolizes something other than a real death. Dreams use the language of symbols and metaphor. Death often symbolizes an end to something, or a change.

It is also important to know that the dream your friend had was about him, and not so much about you. What was his age? That can be important in interpreting a dream.

If he is past the age of 40 then the 'plant' in his dream may represent some aspect of himself, he is the ;plant'. If his work consumes him then the plant would be just that, something that consumes him that is causing HIM to fall apart {not you}. You would represent his anima or his feminine aspects {we all possess both feminine and masculine aspects-seen in dreams as the opposite sex}. Certain aspects that you may possess be something he identifies with so you are a subject in his dream, representing those feminine qualities within him.

The fact you were dead on the floor may be saying something about some feminine aspect being dead, he is not or can not utilize this important aspect. The massive head injury may represent his 'thinking' capabilities. He may be thinking too much about his job/work and this causing he to suffer {which could seen as a feminine quality}. My sense is the dream is saying something about his job and his emotional state of mind may be suffering due to his work. Is this the case in his life, does he work too much, too much time on the job and not enough time for other things in his life?

If he is younger than 40 that may change how we may need to look at a dream. Before the age of 40 we are looking forward in life, job, family career. After the age of 40, when the mid-life thing starts to set in, we tend to look back. The children are grown {or growing out of the family}, we tend to start to think about retirement {and death itself}, life is focused on past experiences and influences. Dreams reflect the emotional state of mind of the dreamer at the time of the dream.

Again, no need to worry about your death in his dream. A symbol related to him and not you {per se}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

thank you so very much. That makes me feel better than you know. He is younger than 40. He is 32, never married and has no children. He is a great guy, but changes girlfriends every month or so. Seems he wants something they don't. Very intelligent, extremely funny and very easy to get to know. A veteran, and has seen too many awful things while in the service in the Middle East. Very knowledgeable about his job and knows it. Comes from a somewhat dysfunctional small family and drinks more than the average person. Does this change anything?

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Lucy,
Thanks for the follow up response. it helps explain his dream and its symbolic message. You are part of the dream probably because he identifies with some aspect of your personality or some part of the relationship between the two of you.
The traumatic experiences in his life may have much to do with the 'plant blowing up'. The plant would likely reflect an aspect of his psyche, his anima or the feminine aspect, which may be causing him trouble in expressing himself or some of those past experienecs as a veteran {the feminine aspect would more likely express itself, as would a woman, whereas a man would keep it bottled up}. He may need help in expressing these emotions {climbing out of the hole} The bricks could symbolize his thoughts {HyperDictionary}. His anima is injured. That aspect is 'dead', a psychological injury {head injury}.

So his dream does seem to fit with an injured anima. You would represent some aspect that he may admire, or some related experience involving you. But the dream is all about him as are all dreams, being about the dreamer.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Jerry,
You have hit the nail on the head. Thank you so much for your response. I appreciate it. I am quite the strange dreamer myself and I will definitely use this wonderful forum for deeper understanding and information in the future. THANK YOU AGAIN.
Lucy

Lucie,
I appreciate your responses. If not for those who do provide follow up response to an interpretation we would discover little about how dreams function. You know first hand when an interpretation fits with your life, and most often a natural understanding that it is a proper interpretation by that 'sense' it does fit. You have the final say on what your dreams do have to say. And they always tend to say a lot about you, the dreamer. Often things never realized prior to understanding the message of the dream.

But we must give credit to Jung. Jungian psyche is an essential tool for understanding dreams. As many 'Jungians' believe, dreams are the language of the soul. Understanding our dreams does have function in better psychological health. Perhaps a first step to becoming an individuated for those who will invest the time to explore that inner world, and not be captured solely by the ego centered world.

Every dream with a proper interpretation provides new insights to the dream world. And what a fascinating world that is. From my experiences in interpreting dreams I have come to the conclusion what we now know about dreams, believing there is a therapeutic value, and the insights they can offer in personal and spiritual growth, they are less a mystery they were just a few years ago. When you visit a creditable dream website you most always see the influence of Jung. The dream's symbolic language can be understood in most cases if there is that Jungian approach. As we slowly drift away from the single function of Freudian Oedipus complex as the primary force in 21st century psychology, the more we appreciate what Jung has given us. Beyond just dreams his contributions do resonate because they co-inside with the natural world, one of science that reflects the building blocks to truth is indisputable and can be investigated for the empirical knowledge that verifies all science as true as they are.

An intuitive mind is also very helpful in deciphering the 'code' in which is the inherent nature of dreams. This intuitive ability to revealing a dreams message, that shouldn't be a mystery either. If someone with an intuitive nature, on the first encounter, can instantly recognize without thinking, aspects about that individual from their body language, motions and expressions, why not in dreams as well? The intuitive mind will expose a person's deeper self on first encounter, insights to the true identity that is seldom utilized by most people. This ability to 'naturally' and instantly recognize tell-tell signs about a person is something we know exists. Women tend to be more intuitive {intuitiveness is a feminine aspect}. Tapping into that feminine self, whether male or female, can shed great insights about life and provide deeper knowledge on a varying wide range of psyche reasoning that is not understood by the 'ordinary' mind. Including our dreams.
Ordinary people like myself can understand this path to the dream world, thanks to people like Jung and Campbell, and a whole host of students to these great minds. But a little intuitive awareness {you can enhance intuitive abilities} also helps when working with dreams. I use it all the time and when it is functioning to its best ability the better the insights I have to a dream. I'm not a believer in psychics in the order of a Dionne Warwick but I do believe in 'psyche' abilities. Those that are provided by nature.
In Greek psychē is the term for soul

Jerry

Jerry {Co-Host & WebMaster MDS/Dream Forum}

So his dream does seem to fit with an injured anima. You would represent some aspect that he may admire, or some related experience involving you. But the dream is all about him as are all dreams, being about the dreamer.

Jerry

Lucy,

As our dreams often mirror some dynamic in our outer world, I would guess that you may possess positive feminine qualities that he is unable to access within himself...or, that he is unable to positively relate to...in both his inner and outer world. You mentioned that he is always engaging in a new relationship, which means he is constantly failing in relationships, too... blowing up/killing the women in his life/and his own inner feminine (feeling) function.

Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Kansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present