Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Troubling Confusing Dream

I've never really dreamed much but this one is really bothering me and I want to understand it. I've been having nightmares the last week. Last night's was the worst.

I dreamt I was working with some people I can't remember to build something. We had to go swimming in a muddy, dirty brown river to get the pieces to help build whatever we were making. I came along. I vividly remember this part, where I was floating/swimming in the river. I turned to my right and there were amputated human legs. There were human bodies floating all around I then realized. I looked ahead of me in the river and saw the two people I was with cutting up the bodies. I looked past them and saw severed heads... when they saw me looking at them, they told me to help them. This is when I woke up.

I've never had a dream this disturbing before, any suggestions as to what it could mean?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 22, Arizona

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Troubling Confusing Dream

Alison,
The working with 'some people' may reflect working with other aspects of yourself to build a conscious knowledge of something that may be unconscious. The river may represent emotions, swimming in your emotions. The dirty brown color may be objectionable experiences or aspects. The bodies may represent parts of yourself, aspects that are emotionally dead. The severed heads, looking back at you, would be unconscious aspects looking back at you. The help needed is to restore these aspects to consciousness so to confront what ever it is that is emotionally dead.

Are there any past experiences that were so emotional that may have damaged you emotionally? The pieces floating in the river would be pieces of you, floating emotionally in your unconscious.

Let me know your response and perhaps we can gain more insights to the dream, and those dead bodies.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Well it's odd... I've had a lot of big changes recently in my life... moved across the country about 3 months ago, new job, new friends, new everything, but nothing that has happened here in Arizona I can think of as so troubling. Back home my family life was kind of always a mess, but it hasn't been on my mind lately any more than it ever has been. It's so strange, I have nothing big to connect it to thats happened recently or been on my mind recently that is negative. I am not unhappy here. The only thing that's made me troubled is this dream, it was very vidid, I can't quite get the gorey imagery out of my head.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 22, Arizona

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Alison,
I appreciate the follow-up response.

Your past home life experiences that tended to be in a mess may not be on your conscious mind but they could very well still be unconsciously. If you left them unresolved they could still be a source of stress even though you are happy where you are at the moment. Dreams often address such unresolved issues. Just because they have not been consciously on your mind doesn't mean they are resolved. The language of severed heads, cut up pieces of bodies does point to something that is unresolved. Perhaps what is unconscious is you have yet to reconcile the past home life and what is being built in the unconscious are those things that need resolution. But at your age, and if the past is not a great source of trauma, it may be merely the psyche looking back at what was negative while you are living in a space and time that is relatively good. Having nothing 'big' to connect is a good sign but even the smaller aspects that are unresolved will remain a part of who you are. That may be what the dream is focusing, the mess in your past life. What is clear is the dream language is symbolic of something negative. But only you can determine what that is. Without giving great thought to it {as most younger people tend not to do} it may never be known exactly what that 'negative' source is. An older person who posts a dream usually does give time to look at those deeper possibilities. That comes with the mid-life changes where the focus is looking back, whereas a younger person is looking forward. Without enough life experiences there is little to look back at when you are 22.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present