Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Train ride,

In my dream I was riding in a train. I had paid for my ticket and as far as I remember I had a luggage. I got off at a station, but did not have my luggage or my purse and I was thinking to myself how I am going to get back. I followed this other person who I knew from before and asking him if he had a ticket. Then I started thinking to my self I needed my ticket to prove that I actually came here legitimately. Almost like you could not go into the town without your ticket. Then I started thinking how beautiful the place was. It was authentic looked like a little German village. Green was the dominant color. There was a fruit counter in the middle of the station and there was the reddest wonderful looking strawberries. Then started worrying again not having a ticket, and this person whom I knew started to ignore me. And out of a blue a new man showed up and gave me a ticket. But this time I started thinking and worrying about how I was going to get back and that I had no money, no luggage. I started walking into the town, and a car almost hit me. And I woke up. What does this mean?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Palo Alto ,CA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Train ride,

Uya,
Riding a train may suggest you are looking to go in a new direction in your life. It may also mean you need to keep 'on track' to realize this new direction. Having paid for your ticket may represent you believe you have paid your dues in life. The luggage would be the accumulative 'luggage' of experiences. Luggage also can represent the different aspects of who you are. The purse symbolizes values and possibly those hidden aspects about you. Could it be the new direction you wish to go is something not consciously 'pursued', something you wish to do but have yet to make the approperiate moves? Once you do make this change of directions you worry whether you will need to get back.
The other person, a male, may suggest a masculine quality. It takes courage {a masculine trait} to change directions in life. There may be an element of approval {proving your legitimacy} involved, proving to yourself you do have the courage, and ability. It may require setting proper goals to secure this new direction {go into a new town}.

This new direction is more suitable to who you really are. It may fit with Joseph Campbell's
'follow your bliss', do that thing in life you love most doing. This is the 'authentic' you and not that old self who is controlled by 'social duty' {doing what is expected in life and society}.

But the dictates of social duty are strong and concerns about making a move as bold as this new direction will take courage {another masculine trait}. This is something you must ignore. Courage must trump worries. You may be at that point of wanting to take this new direction but you are, in the end, to afraid. You are your own worst enemy {the car that almost hit you is yourself}.

At mid-life such thoughts of changing is not only something that begins to occupy your thoughts but can also be a part of aging {natural changes}. Campbell states we have two opportunities in life to do that thing our soul truly wishes to do. This is the authentic person within the social being our culture/society has molded us into. The first chance comes when we are young, late teens/early twenties, when life goals are usually made. If we ignore this opportunity in life {as most do, as I did} then the second chance comes at mid-life. This is when I made my change of direction {and have been on that same path ever since, 1992}. This 'bliss' in life is usually associated with creativity and/or spirituality {beyond the confines of religion, realizing your natural self}.

But then these changes may be merely the normal changes that come with aging. The children are grown, you begin to look at retirement instead of a career. The new direction is natural.

Which fits you? I sense the dream is addressing this aspect in your life. There may be actual new opportunities involved and the choices to be made are that of changes to that person you wish to be {the new opportunities} or staying where you are at, stuck on the same old tracks.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi Jerry,
Thanks for your response... I have been trying to change for almost 4 years now... I had a major surgery back in 2005, moved to California, changed jobs,and still not feel settled... or right inside. Recently, I decided to follow my instinct and register for classes in Clinical Design and Management... I have absolutely no background in medicine, I am an IT person... Don't quite know where I am going, but just following this instinct...

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Palo Alto CA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Oya,
Following an instinct or perhaps following your 'bliss'? The train may be showing you that trues self and what fits with who you truly are and need to be. At mid-life we usually are confronted with such decisions of the heart/soul. Your dream does seem to be pointing in that direction, of the soul. And your follow-up response does also. With so much evidence I think you have but one choice if you are to find a real balance and harmony in your life. Follow your bliss. And when you do you will come to bliss, with the helping hands of faith there to help you when needed. This is the basic theme of the hero/heroine journey, and of the myths of those universal tales.

Go for it! I believe you will find what you are really looking for when you do 'follow' those senses, if indeed they are from the intuitive soul.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present