Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Worms and a snake

In last nights dream i was in a room on the ground floor of an unknown house. I was there with (i think) 2 other unknown people; felt like they were a man and a woman. It felt like the house was in a large city.
The room we're in is dark, empty..no carpet, nothing on the walls. It's like this house had been empty (not lived in by anyone) for a long time already. Though it was dark i could see/sense that the house was moist. While in there the only thing in the dream was that we we're in this room looking into a corner of it. This corner was at the front of the house.
At one point the man finds something in the corner and i say i want it out of there. Though not really conscious of it in the dream this makes me feel like i was going to live in this house.
Then we are outside..on the pavement in front of the house. We are standing there and a window is visible, though i didn't (but could/should have seen) see this window while inside. It had no curtains.
The man and woman are still with me and like inside the house there are standing behind me. The man then hold out one of his hands with holding in it that something he found inside. I can now see what it is; several worms. As soon as i see them i tell him to get rid of it. He then throws he worms on the pavement. When the worms are on the ground i see there's also a little snake between them. I didn't like the worms that much, but they didn't scare me. The snake though frightens me and i take a step back. I tell the man to try to get rid of the snake.

Mask

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Worms and a snake

I'm not sure yet what the snake could be about (having read the several possible meanings).
The old, moist and empty house, not lived in by anyone for a long time (the house is old) i think could be my real self or a part of me that's maybe new to me or i haven't be conscious of for a long time.
Because the house is dark and even the window, though having no curtains, is invisble for my eyes while inside the house. Right now this makes me think this house could stand for my shadow. The humidity could stand for repressed emotions. (while writing this i think the dark house maybe is my unconscious)...or, because it was a room (possibly the livingroom) on the ground floor it could be about something coming to conscious. Maybe even something from my shadowpart.
I wrote that the man finds something in the corner of the room, but it also feels like i sensed there was something. Maybe because the man found something it could be about the animus in action or that it has to do with the animus.
Only outside the house that something is discovered. Also didn't write it but outside there as daylight. (maybe something that has been shed light on, something coming to conscious)
The something appears to be worms and a snake. Though both having almost the same size only the snake scares me. It could be about transformation...when i really ought to go and live in that humid, empty house i would have to fully renew and decorate the house which is also about transformation.

To me, right now, the snake could also be about the shadowpart. Something that i'm scared of. I don't want it 'inside', but 'outside' the house. It makes me think about something i want or maybe even more need to show to the outer world, though in the dream it more seemed like i want to get rid of it. But i have more dreams with snakes in it and most of the time i interpretate them as a transformationsymbol. There were dreams in which i even dared to touch the snake and take a good look at it.
The worms, once thrown on the ground, felt like i got rid of them...it was oke. But the snake kept my attention, like i felt i had to 'do' something about it. Maybe the snake was 'only' about fear. Maybe then even the fear of a radical transformation.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Mask,
The dream starts out as standard observation of your life. The unknown house would denote some unknown/unrealized aspect about yourself. Two aspects of the same person, opposites, an as yet unrealized or recognized conflict. It is something that is/can affect your whole being {entire city}. It could be a conflict between masculine and feminine qualities. Even then possibility of a real conflict of an actual male with a female {that would need to be determined}.

The dark empty house could be the unconscious. The bare unconscious ready to reveal itself {no carpet, nothing in the walls}. Not being lived in for a long time may suggest this aspect has been residing within your psyche for a long time. The moistness, perhaps unconscious tears? { "unconscious eyes moist with tears"}
The corner may be one aspect, as in a one room of the house, one aspect of who you are. The front of the house may be the conscious self. The unconscious is inviting the conscious self to 'see' this aspect.

The conflict may be again masculine/feminine aspects. The man show you this corner, you, the feminine wants out. You are living in this house. The house is you.

Consciously {outside} there is a window to this yet seen/recognized/accepted aspect. This aspect has no curtains that can no longer hide what this window can reveal. It has been there all along yet you have yet to see it.

The end of the dream.
There is a union of the opposites, of masculine/feminine, a need of reconciliation of this conflict {see How Dreams Are Structured in my page A Simple Guide to Dreams}. It is a masculine trait that presents what is inside ready to be revealed {perhaps courage}. The worms may represent a weakness of some aspect. Something you no longer want to be a part of who you are/have been.
The small snake. Snakes often symbolize a transformation. The worms don't scare you but the possibility of realizing what they represent, and may produce, does. This may be the feminine aspect, the weakness to accept what is there, something that needs to grow, something that may transform you. You continue to give into your weakness {telling the man to get rid of the snake}.

But let's look at the other possibility. It may be something you do need to get rid of. Perhaps the snake represents something else. The phallus? Is there a fear of any sexual aspects ion your life? Need not necessarily be of sex itself but having to do with related sexual aspects, an experience, even related to a male experience.

Examine what it is that you have yet to fully reconcile. And determine what the snake may represent. Worms and snakes both have the same shape and form. If there is a weakness {worms] perhaps it is the snake {sexual, masculine experiences, or transformation} that has caused the weakness. Take the whole dream and analyze the possibilities.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi Jerry,

will think about your comments tomorrow; read it quickly just now. Thanks for your thoughts!

I've been trying to figure out what the worms and the snake could be about...to find out why i'm frightened of the snake but not of the worms.

Worms mostly live under ground (even maybe most in moist ground?). Snakes mostly (i think?) live above ground..thinking of deserts right now, so dry ground?

Under ground and above...unconscious and conscious?
Maybe it's about the fear that appears when i would let 'things' come to conscious.

Somehow, when thinking about the worms and the snake, it feels like the worms feel like feminine and the snake like masculine. (as i'm, i think, in the process of developing the inner male)
In this i could say that, if i would stay the way i'm (inside)..so without trying to i integrate the inner male..there would be no fear, because 'these are the worms'...and i can 'stay inside'. But when trying to integrate that inner male...the snake...i have 'to come out'.
I thought of this also because of the difference between being inside the house and outside of it. Inside i didn't see the window, outside i did. So maybe, only by trying to 'get out' of the me i am right now the inside (unconscious stuff) will become clearer...even would i be able to 'see' (recognize and understand) my unconscious fears.

The moistness, like you wrote, i too think it's about tears/inner or unconscious grief.

It also made me remember the dream about Madonna. In this dream there was 'the ordinary people' and 'the dancers/actors/singers'. This, to me, also could be symbolized by the worms (ordinary) and the snake (famous). To me this is about whether i stay who i am right now or trying to be my real self. Will i stay 'underground' or am i going to show myself to the outer world. Even the large city (it felt like the old house was in a large city) seems to show this. In real life i live close to a large city and i really would like to live there...again the difference between the 'ordinary' and 'famous' (call the 'famous' 'the extra'). I would like to live there because it makes me feel more alive, more part of the whole world.

Another possibility i am thinking of is the relationship. (love-relationship) My past relationships all were with (what i call) emotional men. I somehow feel (read this and believe in it) that to attract the 'stronger' man i need to develop these things in myself first. In this the worms could symbolize these 'emotional' men and the snake to me is about 'the real' man (how i like them to be in a relationship). But with this strongness also come the fear. And while writing this it (again) makes me feel of the 'i am a little boy' dream...which i thought was about me feeling myself 'little' (smaller) then others.

It seems that the house is waiting for me to come and live in it.

Mask,
When examining a symbol think what would the universal meaning be. The personal meaning may have a bearing {worms digging underground} but more likely the universal meaning {if such a thing} would better fit. If the dream the worms were 'digging' to go underground then the unconscious association may better fit. Jung says always look at what the dream says as what it means. That can be difficult since a word out of place or a wrongly worded phrase may change the whole meaning of the dream. S

Snakes do live above ground, mostly in caves or dark places {and some do live underground}. Again if the snakes in your dreams where said to be 'above ground' then I would look to the possibility of something being conscious. The most associated universal {archetypal} meaning of a snake would be transformation, or in the Freudian view, the phallus. If there is a real fear of snakes then we look at the possibility of confronting that fear, or an associate fear the snake would symbolize. So many possibilities but staying with what Jung suggests usually helps resolve most of them.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present