Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ice, snow and hail

Dream from last night:

In the first part i'm walking in a neighbourhood close to the one i live in, with someone. This person seems unknown and maybe even invisible, feels like a woman. We walk parallel to a canal and then enter a pretty and old house. It's not my house and at the moment of entering it i don't seem to know who's living there. Just after passing the doorway it goes straight into a very small room with wooden floor. A short staircase leads into a basement which seems to be the livingroom. The (invisible?) woman who's with me walks down the staircase. I feel some hesitation, don't feel comfortable with what she's doing because it's not our house. It's like i call her back and a moment later she comes walking up the stairs again. At that point i know whose house this is; my former team leader is living here and at the moment of remembering this the teamleader shows up. I feel guilty and make excuses to her for intruding. I tell her this was not what i intended to do.

In the next part i am with my boss (female). Although in real life she's my boss, in the dream it feels like she'sfeeling inferior to me...like i am her boss.
We are in the same neighbourhood as in the first dreampart, but now in a street that leads into the street which was parallel to the canal. We are wearing skates and want to go iceskating on the canal. We study the ice on the canal and decide that the ice isn't that reliable (?) anymore. We see parts where the ice has melted already. I look at the street and notice that the street is yet almost fully covered with snow and icy snow so i suggest to try skating on the street. I already start skating over parts of snow, ice, my teamleader following me. I discover that on some parts grass is already starting to show, telling the teamleader that this won't be much of an obstacle to us.

In the third part i am getting in my brothers car. He takes places behind the steering wheel and my parents in the backseat. My brother has asked me to go on a holiday with him, which i found a good idea. Why my parents are coming with us, i don't know, but i didn't think of this in the dream. In the dream they were just there with us.
We start driving and in no-time were driving in a foreign country already. I'm asking myself why everything has to go this fast. I remember answering my brother that i loved to go on vacation with him, but i'm wondering (and even feeling anger coming up) why he always want things to go that fast. He even hasn't given me the time to pick out the clothes i wanted to take with me and now i am here in his car without any clothes. My mother then seems to say that we will pass several cities so that there's possibilities for me to buy some. Soon after this we arrive in a city and from behind the car-window i search the shops on the left and right for a place to buy clothes. I see the image of a woolen sweater from Falcke. I almost seem to yell to my brother that they sell Falcke clothes here (why?). I don't recall having bought any clothes.
Our trip continues. At one point i have the image of a steep road that leads towards a high mountain top. In the image i see part of the road in a curve. The road there is covered with hail. The outer side of the road doesn't have a fence or anything and i know there's a deep ravine. Seeing all the hail i start wondering if my brother is prepared for this. I know he has special winter tires, but i know that won't be enough. So i ask him if he has snow chains with him. I don't seem to get an answer and the next moment we're at the exact curve i had seen in the image. It looks exactly the same..even the hail on the road. The strange thing is (though not aware of the strangeness in the dream) that both the image and really being in the curve i see from looking over my shoulder, so it seems we are driving backwards. The dream ends with me hoping that my brother is really that prepared and sure of his thing as he told me.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Ice, snow and hail

The ice, snow and hail made me think of the weather-pictures from the last dream. Maybe a follow-up?

Ice, snow, hail could stand for frozen emotions.
The canal; the 'way' of the emotions. Maybe the canal (as a way) with the not very reliable ice and parts with water is showing some progression of emotions.

The street parallel to the canal is named (translated) men-street. This could refer to the animus, but maybe it hasn't to do anything with it.

The house of my former teamleader. I think i could take a closer look at what things used to 'lead' me.
I was an intruder in the old, pretty house that belonged to my former teamleader. This feels like there's a part in my life or in myself where i'm not allowed to go in..but the only one who thinks this is wrong is me.
In real life i liked this teamleader. She was oke in her role as a leader.
The basement could be the unconscious...repressed emotions etc. The invisible woman...a still unknown part of me. I don't want her to go down there because it's not our house. Maybe this house is about something i don't recognize (yet) as a part of myself or about things i think i am not capable of. In real life someone told me that i don't like being a leader, though i never had said that myself. But i didn't deny it either. I just went silent. I don't know if this has anything to do with it.

Then the part with my leader from my working place. Strange to see that she feels inferior to me, but i know i have to look at her as myself. So this would say that i feel inferior to a part of myself. That my inner leader feels inferior to, maybe my ego?
In real life i really like snow and ice, skating etc. Skating on the icy and snowy street. Street is 'the road' i take...how i go through life. Ice and snow could stand for frozen emotions. I'm skating on them.., almost feels like it tries to picture that i like enjoy my frozen emotions...or maybe a hard way.
The leader just follows. Maybe i have to find out what really 'drives' me, what makes me tick. The question: "Do you really like the way you are moving around?", comes to my mind.

Then on a holiday trip with my brother. He's behind the wheel, so in this part i let myself be 'driven' by him. The trip takes us to a foreign country with high mountains, which i really like in real life. And in my inner life i also somehow seem to enjoy both highs and lows.
I liked my brothers idea of going on a holiday. I didn't like that he wanted to go instantly, leaving me without the time to prepare myself. I know my brother here is a part of me. And i recognize in this my own hasty ways of stepping into a new adventure. I can be quite impulsive. My excitement ends quickly when i realize my brother hasn't given me any time to prepare myself. I smile when i write this, because i have to admit it is true. I know i often rush myself into something new, feeling all excited. But my excitement most of the time dissapears as quickly as it came. So what i think i have to learn is to prepare myself better, take time. I am someone who always completes tasks in the last possible moment and i think this is what causes me stress.
Driving up the high mountain. Could be an obstacle, but also ambitions. The hail comes from 'above'..icy wheater. Outside influences 'on the way'. Painfull. The winter tires and snow chains...preparations. Maybe also pointing to taking more time to prepare instead of rushing into things. When prepared as good as possible outer influences/obstacles can be taken easier, could cause less pain.
The driving backwards then...strange. It's easier and normal to drive forwards. Driving backwards means having to look back to see the road. Looking back makes me think of looking to the past. Maybe referring to past events that can be looked at to figure out where things went wrong and how and why they went wrong. Driving backwards also seems reckless..not being serious. Driving backwards...maybe even meaning not trusting fully...but on the other hand it makes me think of being overprotective (maybe that's why my parents are in the backseat)

How do i need to look at this part? At least all parts seem to show things about my inner drive and/or leader.

Then the Falke sweater...why this appeared? But in the dream it was like the sweater really needed to be noticed. It was a blue woolen sweater with an orange emblem on it...for a man.
Falke...Valk (in dutch)...falcon.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Will try that Gestalt-thing here also..

Road:
I am one of the roads leading to the Menstreet. I am covered with ice and snow, but here and there grass is already showing on me. People are skating on my icy layers, leaving their traces behind. People are having fun on me by skating. I also lead straight to the canal.

Menstreet:
I am the Menstreet and i am parallel to the canal. This waterway is on one side and on the other are old beautiful houses. Most people love walking on me because from me they have the most beautiful sightings. Especially holiday people make a stop at me.

House:
I am a pretty, old house and i'm standing aside the Menstreet. Looking outside through my windows gives people a beautiful sight. I am small, but cozy. I am old, but beautifully renovated. I offer a direct approach because i have no hallway after the frontdoor to pass through before getting into me. On the groundlevel i have a small living space and from there it is only 3 steps to the livingroom. My livingroom is in the basement. It's a little dark, but the top half of the windows is on groundlevel.
I am owned by a teamleader who loves to live in me. I keep her warm and happy. I have an old wooden floor/ground. Sometimes an intruder comes in, not to steel anything from me but only to look at my inside...out of curiousity. But this doens't happen very often. Today such an intruder came in. I felt she was feeling guilty. With her came an invisble woman. This invisble woman had the courage to take the steps into my basement, but because the other woman was feeling guilty she didn't made it all the way in. Then my owner showed up and suddenly the feeling guilty intruder-woman recognized and remembered whose living in me. She knew her from earlier times. Instead of trying to start a conversation the woman and the invisble one left the house out of guilt, while i think my owner would have liked a conversation about how things are going.

I am my brother:
I asked my sister if she wanted to go on vacation with me to another state, with mountains. She said yes and was enthousiastic about it. I was going to drive, because it is my car and soon we were on the road. My sister soon lost all her enthousiasm and i think she was feeling angry. She didn't say a word, but her face was an open book to me. Somewhere on the road she said she wanted to buy some clothes because she didn't had the time to take some from home. Our mother then is in the backseat and says that she will have enough possiblities because we're going to pass several cities.
We are driving up a high mountain. I am driving backwards. I had prepared my car with wintertires. We are approaching a strong curve in the road. The road is covered with hail. I am still riding backwards and can see the road has no fence on the ravine-side. I am driving slowly and watch the road carefully in the rear mirror. My sister asks me if i have snow chains with me. I don't see snow yet, but i know snow is a possibility. But for now i have eveerything under control so she should stop worrying. I am a good driver. Of course, she could be right, but it's my car, i am driving it which makes me the one in charge.

Hail:
I am coming from nowhere/everywhere, but it's impossible to see where i came from. I start my way down as a liquid but when i move through very cold air on my way down i start to freeze. At the end i hit all everything on the ground. When the air i move through is very, very cold and the weather is extreme i might even take on the size of a tennisball. When very small i won't leave traces, i just might hurt a little, but when i take on a hige size in extreme weatherconditions i am capable of real damage and pain.

Well done Mask. Although I haven't examined the interpretation in detail I can see you have stated the related symbols as being a part of yourself. That is perhaps as important as anything in the understanding of dreams.

One important thing you may want to consider. There is that tendency to 'over analyze' a dream or a dream symbol. In very long dreams trying to interpret every symbol will get you lost in the symbols and not what the message may be of the whole of the dream. Look for the action in the dream that provides insights to the direction the dream wishes to take you. And remember the structure of dreams. Where does one aspect start and end. Structure is a rule of thumb but knowing where one aspect of the dream begins and ends will often help you understand where the dream is leading, and where it eventually speaks to possible remedies. This best applies to long dreams.

Jerry

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi Jerry,

you're right about the 'over-analyzing'..this is also what drives/takes me away from dream lots of times. Sometimes it would even be better to just leave a dream alone for a while and try to interpret it later in time.

Mask

Mask,
Or taking the dream message to look at your waking life and see what measures are needed to better balance what needs attention. I seldom interpret my dreams completely but do try to understand the advice offered that undoubtedly relates to some aspect of my psyche that is a waking concern {of course I have been engaged in the Individuation Process for almost 18 years and have discovered most of what were emotional conflicts}. I had such a dream last night were a baby was actually an old man in disguise. With some thought I was able to connect this to my waking life. It illuminates what has been an emotional conflict {although a minor one I have worked with for some time}. If you know your true self and what the different components {body, mind and soul} are capable of, you have become 'Individualized' and live from that. Such a position of the psyche includes a spiritual aspect which alone provides guidance and abundance when all else in life may seem to abandon you. It is the basic hero journey, one that is established and works time and again when that path is the life's path.

As I have stated many times I see dreams as therapeutic. It doesn't require a trained psychologist to understand what a dream message may be in association to the waking life {although it does often take someone experienced in dream interpretation to convey that message}. Some dreams are obvious even to a person who has no knowledge of how dreams function. But most are so symbolic with its strange language of metaphor that too many take a dream literally which can only make the waking life worse.

One primary reason we are here, those of us who are regular contributors and have this great interest in dreams and wish to share these learned experiences, is to provide insights to the dream world. This is why there is a MDS Dream Forum. It is incumbent on each of us to understand how our personal dreams relate to our waking lives if we are to instruct others on the possibilities in their dreams. Dreams are no longer that great mystery they were once were. Let me repeat that.

Dreams are no longer that great mystery they once were

Jung has provided the road map to understanding how dreams function as well as instructions of how to analyze the symbolic and metaphorical language of dreams. If I or others at the Dream Forum can take a dream and analyze it correctly using only the age, gender and the dream itself, think of the possibilities of a psychologist trained in Jungian psyche can offer. Let that psychologist have some quality personal time with the dreamer, and whatever the unconscious holds that may be a barrier to the dreamer's better well being can be analyzed and provide the dreamer with corrective alternatives to those eternal, internal emotional conflicts. Remove the couch and use the dream to look deep into the unconscious. That is what Jung did and his discoveries of the dream world to the deep unconscious has become the foundation of modern day psychology/psychiatry. But there is still too little use of the dream world to the internal discoveries that can link emotional conflicts that prevent so many of living a better and more harmonious life.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present