Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wounded ringfinger

The next dream most of the felt really exciting, though was somewhat chaotic.

The dream took place in large building with several levels.

At the start i enter a large room on one of the levels, higher than groundlevel. For later that day a big party is being organized...a party for all co-workers from the whole organisation i work for. While walking in i see that people are working on it to make everything ready for this party. I take a slow walk around to see how things are evolving. Besides the people who are making things in order i also see a few co-workers..mostly doctors. I have the feeling 'that one person', a man, is also here already and i sense he is watching me secretly. This makes me feel good and warms me a little.
I leave the room and go to another level, using the stairs. It feels like i am going down a level. Here are lots of co-workers. It feels like we all have to finish the last tasks...like we're ending something with a final exam and that the party is organized to celebrate this. I walk around here, talk to some people. There's an overal feeling of excitement of what is at hand.
It is later in the day and the party has started. I walk up the stairs again...alone. I'm aware of wearing a skirt (which is quite rear for me). I know the skirt is from a few years ago but i feel i and the skirt in particular is being noticed and liked by people who are walking up the stairs behind me, mostly students. It makes me feel content and happy to get noticed this way.
I then enter the party. The room is full with people. I make my way through the crowd all the way to the other side of the room. There i meet my best friend, who's there with some friends of her. I feel good to meet her...to be here with someone i really know. From here i watch the crowd, all waiting for the music to start. There really is a lot of energy, good vibrations, in the room.
We are standing at a table, where meat with a sause (sate) is being prepared. We are offered some and a little later we start to eat it. Already after the first bite my best friend rushes away to the toilet. I watch her rush to it and can see through her jeans that she's too late..she has diarrhoea. I feel very sorry for her, because it's so visible for everyone what is happening to her. Besides this it surprises me that she's wearing jeans to a party like this (knowing her as the one who would wear a skirt for example).
I stop eating my sate and go behind the table. I see an almost empty plastic bag on the ground and put both our sate's in it. I tell the woman who's preparing the sate's that i threw ours in the bag and show it to her. While showing it the bag, out of no-where is filling itself with the sate-sause, while my hand is still in. I'm surprised with what i see, wondering about the sudden and spontaneous filling of the bag. I feel the warmth of the sause. After some time i'm suddenly shocked and take my hand out of the bag very fast. With my clean, right hand i grab my dirty left hand. I thought it had been the sause the bag was filling itself with, but instead of this it seemed that i had hurt my left hand inside the bag and that my hand had started to bleed very heavily. I'm pretty shocked and watch more and more blood covering my hand. This is really bad.
With my right hand still around my left hand i start making my way through the crowd. Of course i have to leave the party, because this is really serious. Underway a few people ask me what is going on and i show them my blood covered hand, which is still bleeding. Once outside i study my hand to figure out where i'd hurt myself. I find out it is my ringfinger. I thought i had been stung by something, but it appears something has made a cut in this finger. Seeing it is a cut instead of a little hole i get a little more relaxed. This feels less serious than i thought.
Then i am on the level above the one where the party is still going on. An unknown and somehow invisble man has come with me, as if to help/guard me. We are on this level to take care of the cut. The cut is still there, but the bleeding has almost stopped. I look around in the room/large space we are now. It looks like a clothing store as if we are in a large warehouse.
At first, being here, everything seems quite calm. A few people are looking for clothes. But after some time i suddenly feel something is changing. I sense danger. And i am right. I see a couple of men running towards us, me especially. They are wearing oxygenmasks. I know they are dangerous and they want to kill me. Me and the invisble man start running. But everywhere i turn, thinking i'm out of their sight, one of these dangerous men shows up. At one point one comes very close to me. I understand that he tries to kill me by getting all oxygen out of the air around me. I pick up a towel and start waving it, as if i am trying to make sort of an invisble but safe airea in the air around me so there will be enough oxygen for me. This seems to be of some help. When i think i've given myself enough safe air for a little time i decide i will run to my helicopter (?) which is standing a few meters away from me. I run towards it. Other people in the store notice that i'm about to leave the building with my helicopter and they want to come with me. They are in this store with me but it looks like i watch them from very far away/ up in the air, as they appear to be very small; they are dressed like they are very rich. Being one their friends makes me a rich person too, but it feels like they are not my real friends. Like their approach to me is enthousiastic but fake.
A few of them decide to stay where they are and a few run to my helicopter. I get in in the front, because i'm the one to manage it. And while e few of these so called friends also get in very quickly i wonder how much space my helicopter has inside. Then i start the helicopter and we leave ground. Then, instead of seeing and experiencing the getting in the air from my own position i'm experiencing it from one of my friends, a rich woman. In her experience i find that i'm not sitting inside the helicopter, because the helicopter appears to have no roof/top. It feels like there's only place for me to sit in/on it. While getting higher and higher in the air (straight up) i'm thinking about whether i am normally afraid of this, like i remember how i feel in real life when on a plane (on a plane i thought i would be frightened but the fact of having a floor under my feet, like being in a house seems to take the fear away). It's like i'm asking myself whether i should be afraid or not...

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Wounded ringfinger

The wounded ringfinger i guess is pointing to 'the' relationship. I think what happens in the clothingstore, where i went to cure my wounded ringfinger, the answer is found.
In real life on one hand i'd love to be in a relationship, but on the other hand i'm hesitant about wanting it or not.

The dangerous men with the oxygen masks. They are after me. They want to kill me by taking all oxygen out of the air around me.
Without oxygen no life is possible, which makes oxygen the essence of life. And i think this is what my hesitation is about. What, according to me, is the essence of life? Of course, love is the essence of life spiritually. An in real life it's oxygen.
At this moment my essence would be the be my real self and because i'm in the process of becoming more and more who i really am, i am afraid that if i enter a relationship my focus on becoming myself will vanish. But i also know a relationship can be a good learning part in this process.

My best friend in the dream, wearing jeans and suffering from diarrhea. In real life i am the one wearing jeans most of the time. Like i wrote in the dream i seldom wear a skirt or dress.
In the dream it felt very good to be noticed by others, by wearing a skirt. The ones noticing this were students. The skirt i think is about femininity. The students i think symbolize a learning curve in showing my (real) self...in showing the one i really want to show, which is the beautiful woman i am. The knowing is inside, the fear and hesitation is on the outside...diarrhea..

I was happy to see that the wound was a cut instead of a hole. I think because the cut maybe was less deep than a hole would have been, maybe saying that this is a wound that can be healed with not too much suffering...or that there's is still a possibility to heal it...'things aren't as bad as they seem to be'.

The party itself i think symbolizes life. The exam i think are the lessons learned in life, by living. And the upcoming party also feels like it's saying that things will come to a good end. Maybe both exam and party, according to the wounded ringfinger, might suggest that getting in a relationship might just be THE lesson...the place where this wounded ringfinger can be healed.

I've had several dreams with helicopters in it. Years ago i started saying that most of my life i was both participating in something and flying above it...being 'in' it, while also seeing the bigger picture. But i don't know if the helicopter in this dream is symbol for seeing the bigger picture.
In the dream the helicopter only seemed to come in handy...as a helpfull thing to flee from the killing men.

Then the rich people who looked very small, like i was watching them from high above. Besides rich they felt famous also. They called them my friends, but i didn't feel like being theirs. I don't know if they point to materialism or maybe for feeling rich inside. I even think they could stand for my shadow.

Questions, according to my shadow, which are coming to mind right now are:
Why do i have the feeling i should try to be content with what i have? Oke,i think i'm brought up this way and to me this also has to do with accepting the little things in life. But why would it be bad to want more or to want to be rich? I think this is written no-where. As long as the little things in life are being recignized and appreciated...

Overall: Why do i find it hard to expect more out of life? Why do i find it hard to be a strong and noticed woman?

Maybe going up in the air with the helicopter, instead of running away from the killing men, is really about going after my dreams and wishes...up in the air. There's no top/roof on the helicopter...possibilities are endless? The question whether i should be afraid or not high up in the air...i have ground under my feet so normally this wouldn't frighten me...This floor/ground under my feet...the reason to not having to be afraid, maybe is pointing to the fact they i have a basis already from where i can work from...like: what do i have to loose?
Experiencing the flying up through this rich woman, maybe means trying to look through the eyes of my shadow.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present