Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mason - Bushfire

I had a dream I was a mason, learning from a higher ranking officer. I went to a group / church like session.

The dream then cut to home. I was at home looking after the children. A man came in and started playing with my son, a man who I see a lot in the city outside my workplace. A man I am aware of, but I do not know or trust. I see him with younger people, usually teens to young adult and I suspect he is somehow involved in the darker sides of the ‘night life’. But that is all suspicions based purely on appearances.

He was playing twirly whirlies with my son where he swings him around. He swung him up onto his shoulders and started to run off with him so I chased in pursuit. I knew I would catch him because I was fast and he could not out-run me and carry my son. The man ran into a chemist, and I came in after him. I knew he was stronger than me, but he was holding my son and I knew if I attacked him in the stomach he would double over. My attack works perfectly, I take my son back and run back home. I know he will come back for my son so I hide with him underneath the house until he leaves.

The dream then cuts to the Aussie bushland. A bushfire is spreading across the countryside and I know it is heading my way and will arrive imminently. I am on the phone to my partner and tell her I will wade into a stagnant lake that is there so that I will be safe from the fire. As I walk into the lake I can see the bushes starting to burn around the border of the lake.

The waters of the lake start to retreat and I have to run to keep up with the water, and stay ahead of the fire. I am running behind the water along the dry river bank. The waters finely reach a flowing river that forms a circle around the edge of the bush fire. The water is not retreating anymore but flowing in a series of tiered rivers, each river moving out is stepping down.

By the river is a big glass building, inside of which is a pool with a boat. The boat is being held on display by the higher ranking mason officer. I want him to use the boat to travel around the outside of the river saving people from the fire. He refuses and I rebel breaking in and taking the boat to try to help the people.

The dream then cuts to a college. I am a lecturer there, and have become a high ranking Masonic officer.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28 - Perth, Western Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Mason - Bushfire

Rook,
A mason would represent a builder of a concrete foundation, a foundation of principles in your life. The higher ranking officer would be that higher Self, that aspect that becomes a part of your internal, and with discipline, the external life, providing balance and harmony to your world.
A mason can also be associated as a member of a 'secret' order. This may represent a 'secret' within you, your unconscious.

There is another world that exists, the external world of reality that also makes up who you are/become. I sense this may be a repressed part of you. An aspect that you do not trust. A darker side of your psyche, your Shadow. The 'night life' is the unconscious {dreams}.
The appearances may be saying something about the outer appearances more so than the internal.

Your son may actually be a reference to you, as a boy, as well as fears for your actual son {if you do in fact have a son}. There is this part of you that is stronger than the person you are in the waking life. An emotional part that you are running away from. You may have a conscious knowledge of this aspect and have developed ways to attack it. But these attacks are purely internal, a mechanism to hide it from conscious/external consumption. Perhaps this is repressing this part of you, your life {I know he will come back for my son so I hide with him underneath the house until he leaves}.

The bush fire may be the storm of conscious realization that may be coming o the surface, and to reality. It threatens to consume your whole being. You retreat back to the unconscious realms {repression} but it is begin to 'burn' away at the borders of being unconscious.

The unconscious contents are losing its ability to remain unconscious {repressed}. Your developed 'mechanisms' that prevent these forces from becoming conscious are holding. But this may be only temporarily.

The conscious self has developed a way to repress these internal conflicts {as the conscious mind will do in defense of its ego control}. The boat is a tool to navigate around these emotional conflicts. Your higher Self refuses to be a part of this repressed state of mind. You are merely wanting to save yourself from conscious realization of this injured part of your psyche.

The repression has become a way of life. You are successfully hiding what is beneath the surface. It has taken over, perhaps a sign that it has unconscious control of who you are consciously.

This dream is very frightening on first inspection. Are you the boy that is threatened by internal desires of someone else or are you that person with the desires. It may be both. Your response may provide clues.

To elaborate a bit more. These may be internal desires that are simple and not so damaging as to be of the greatest concern. Again your response may provide clues to those possibilities.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Rook,
Going back over your previous posted dreams I see this one as being important. Review it and see if it may contribute to the possibilities of this dream.

The Rainbow Serpent

Jerry

Hi Jerry

Thanks, I certainly see the thought behind the interpretation and you may be something to what you have said, especially in comparison to the rainbow serpent. There would be something lurking there behind the scenes when you consider that I have these issues when meeting new people.

I have been thinking and talking about this with my father recently as my son displays these same traits, being afraid of new people, and not being able to handle people showing enthusiastic attention to him. I am wondering if this is a behavioral thing passed through the generations? I doubt it would be genetic. My son has already picked it up at the age of two and a half.

The thing is, the dream points to the man 'attempting to abduct' my 'son' but even in the dream I felt it was not litteral, it was pointing to myself. Perhaps it is pointing to a time in my life when I was a child and was almost abducted. Luckily I didn't fall for the bait of a promised soft drink, purely because my mother had promised me something from the shop after she had finished playing tennis. At the time I completely trusted this man and didn't realise how close I came to some sort of nasty experience until years later. I feel incredibly lucky simply to be here. I wonder if this is involved? I consider that something from my past and hadn't figured it could have an impact on my emotional well-being because at the time I didn't sense any danger or strong negative emotions.

But following on from that I think I developed a fear of abduction, as I had nightmares of being abducted several times as an older child.

Perhaps, knowing how easy it is for children to be 'won over' is developing a fear and possibly over protectiveness towards my own kids? Personally I see the positive side, I watch my kids like a hawk when I am in public.

And I can certainly see how this event could translate into a difficulty in trusting people, seeing a friendly nature as a veil, and not knowing what is really under the surface. If that's the case its certainly unconscious now.

I am a bit of a hermit crab, hide in my shell and don't come out socially a lot. Apparently Finnish people are like that and I have strong Finnish traits over my Aussie upbringing. At work I see myself this way a lot. But that has changed a bit of late as I have taken on a temporary role distributing work again. I am getting a positive vibe this time around as I am forging stronger ties in the office. I am feeling a bit more comfortable, confident and professional.

As for this dream process, I am eager to get this to the surface and nut it out. I feel the need to take action, and wonder how to go about it, but I think this analysis and investigation is the path to take.

Again, thanks Jerry.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28 - Western Australia

Rook,
Like father, like son. Some of it is definitely generic. Other aspects are learned. We imitate our surroundings and a child's psyche is so more tuned to what surrounds them, more than we ever could have believed. Rob Reiner has been a spokesman for the public understanding just how important the first years of life really are. The smallest nuances can be noticed by a child's psyche especially if there is an emotional tone that stirs their attention. So we must always be aware of what we say, what we do, even what we feel in the raising of our children.

An example is in my life, and childhood. Although I could never be the dastardly person he was, I ended up imitating much of his actions even though they were beyond the understanding of a child who witnessed them early in life. It was a psyche event, the imitation, as much as the understanding of what he was doing, and what I eventually did later as a young man {it involved sex-looking for love in all the wrong places}. It was an unconscious drive to find the love and attention I never received as a child. And it was destructive in my life, as it ultimately was in his.

This is my experience and merely an illustration of how powerful an unconscious stimulated by the lack of love and acceptance as a child can manifest itself in life. I am not an apologist trying to cover my wrongs with self empathy. I am someone who has studied the psyche, and my own psyche, and have discovered truths that are universal, and real. Most all of us has that 'wounded child' within us. And when we look deeper we can see the source of those inner wounds are from childhood. Those who reject this idea usually have such deep wounds they have become their own worst demon. But the need is to realize this power the unconscious does hold, and how to redirect it into a positive. That requires a dedication as parents to not just providing our children with the best material things {as our cultures are so guilty of}, but also the best world that is conducive to a balanced psyche. I fear we will never realize this, not as a whole. But as individuals we can make a difference to our own children, and my bet is they will make a bigger difference with their own.

Back to your dream.
The abduction was not a literal a abduction but one of the psyche. It is directed at you as much as it is your son. The negative experiences you had as a child {"At the time I completely trusted this man and didn't realise how close I came to some sort of nasty experience until years later"} have abducted those balanced aspects that create emotional trauma later in life. I see this event as a prime focus of your dream. The imitation of that experience in some form is what I believe is a warning. It did create a 'fear of abduction' but what else has it done to damage your psyche? Perhaps it has made you overly protective of your own children {a fine line to walk in this day and age when we must always be aware of dangers to our children}. The overly protective mindset may be addressing more than just protecting him from the dangers of the outer world. Look to your style of parenting to see how it fits with the proper rearing of a child. That may be what needs addressing, perhaps something else.

The matter of trust. If you as a parent have problems of trusting others, even those who are worthy of your trust, that could unconsciously be transmitted to your children. It may be subtle thing in appearance but again a child's psyche is keen to such subtleties. This may be one aspect of your dream that requires your attention.

Getting back to the 'trusted man and the nasty experience'. Have you thoroughly examined that experience? I sense it is at the core to the message in your dream. One sentence in the dream that caught my attention may in some way have meaning. "I see him with younger people, usually teens to young adult and I suspect he is somehow involved in the darker sides of the ‘night life’". Because it is at the beginning of the dream {How Dreams Are Structured from my page A Simple Guide to Dreams} it may be an important aspect of the underlying message of the dream.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present