Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dream about alligator pet cat bed father

I had a dream that there was a alligator (small one) under a single bed (not mine) and I was in the other bed. I saw the alligator and it was trying to bite my pet cat Kobe. The alligator had my cat's back end in its mouth, but there was no blood or damage. I called out Dad! There is an alligator in my bedroom. Kobe ran away and the alligator lumbered off toward a closet and then I woke up. My dad never actually showed up in my dream.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50 Pennsylvania

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Dream about alligator pet cat bed father

Beverly,
What was your age in the dream? Where you a child or were you an adult when you called out Dad? The closets often symbolize those things we keep hidden. You are could be important in determining the rest of the dream message. Alligators can also represent repressed emotions, as well as something dangerous, deceitful, not trustworthy. Dreams will often use one symbol to express more than one emotion {what dreams are about-the different emotions}.

What is the relationship with your father? Has he been in your life the way you think he should have? He never showed up in the dream. Does that reflect his actions in waking life in some important way? The cat could be metaphorical of the feminine, or a female. Blood could be emotional energy that has not yet been released. If something is repressed then there can is no damage to the conscious self because you have kept it bottled up. Bedrooms have many functions in life. We sleep in bedrooms and dream, dreams being a healing mechanism by revealing the repressed emotions and energies being held in {the therapeutic aspects of the dream}. Whatever the emotional experience, has it been stored away in the closet {unconscious}?

The single bed, not yours. The threat {alligator, i.e. its possible metaphorical reference} was from that 'single' bed. Beds and bedrooms, feminine and something threatening. All hidden away. Could be something deep in your unconscious that needs to be let out.

Again your age in the dream could be important. Usually the age stated in the dream would reflect the actual age of the experience being addressed in the dream. If you are an adult then you could most likely eliminated early life experiences {unless you do have such dreams of childhood-other dreams showing you as an adult may simply mean you are still needing to address the emotional repressed issue from childhood}.

And your age now is important to know. You are in that time of life of reflection, looking back {albeit unconsciously/dream in many instances}. In childhood through early adulthood we are looking forward. If there are repressed experiences mid-life is when they start to come to the surface {from the deep unconscious}. Often we find they have had this unconscious control {of some degree} on who we are as an adult. I know that is true in my life, and so many others I have have conversed with at the Dream Forum as well as in my waking life experiences. Somtheing that fits the 'wounded child' pattern so evident in most people's lives, reflected in their dreams {a direct link to all layers of the unconscious}.

So the dilemma is your age in the dream. Let's settle that and see where we can go with your response.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thank you for your interpretation. I feel I was the age I am now in the dream. The bedroom did remind me of my room as a child though...

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50 Pennsylvania

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Beverly,
My sense is from the limited info from your response is the dream is addressing childhood experiences that remain in conflict. Again, the relationship with your father may require further examination.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present