Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
caring trusting man without a face

I am having dreams where people are trying to hurt me physically,mentally,and emotionally. I am being accused of things and no one believes that it is not me.

In this dream I see a father kill his child. I am out riding my bike one night because I am unable to sleep. I am riding up and down a stretch of road that I travelled as a child. There is a highway, turnpikes, dirt roads, and streets lined with homes

I hear a child screaming. I slip up the basement stairs of this house. I slip into the hall, and I see the father hitting the girl. I am trying to get to the girl to help her but all of a sudden I am outside again.

The police show up, and they say that they don't know who killed the girl. The father and mother are covered in blood and they don't know who killed the girl. This makes no since. I called the police station the next day to tell them what I had seen.

The police said they would be at my house (the house I grew up in) in just a while. In the meantime the father and his wife came to my house. The were looking around, and acting like they were my best friends. I was afraid and I was alone with them so I did not let on that I knew what they had done. After they left I found where they had left voice recorders in my house. The wife called me and asked me to come over. She kept handing me things, and I kept putting them down.

Well the police finally showed up. There were so many of them. My husband and the police did not believe me. They just sat around and talked about everything under the sun except for what I had seen. They were all sitting around my husband's tv watching sports.

Next thing I knew a police officer came up to me and said that they found my finger prints in the neighbors house. I was being arrested for the murder of the child. I explained what had happened.

None of the police in my house would listen to me. My husband would not listen to me. They continued to party, and watching i think a football game.

I was taken to this room. I was very afraid. No one would listen, and no one would help me. I felt like the ones who should have been there for me, just turned their backs on me.

There is this man that comes into so many of my dreams. He has no face, but he is always so kind and caring. He does not talk, but it's like he can read my mind. Example when I was sitting there I was thinking how much I needed a cup of coffee. All of a sudden there was a cup of coffee and just the way I like it. He sat there and held my hands, and when I started to cry he just held me tight.

Who is this man without the face that makes me feel so very safe, loved, cared for and makes me feel protected.

I have never been unfaithful in my marriage. But sometimes I wonder if this man with out the face is the man I wish my husband was. Or if it is a glimps into my future, giving me hope.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: caring trusting man without a face

Cheryl,
This sentences most likely is the primary focus of your dream:
"I am riding up and down a stretch of road that I travelled as a child".

The basement is symbolic of the unconscious. Hallways are usually links to those aspects in the unconscious that are either repressed, ignored or too frightful to want to confront the experiences being addressed.

Did your father hit you as a child? It may not actually have been a physical 'hitting'. It may have been psychological abuse. Being outside probably represents your conscious self trying to get away from these memories.

As for the police. Here are the symbolic possibilities from the MDS Dream Dictionary. I will discuss other possibilities later in my interpretation.

Policeman - A super-ego symbol {Freud} or conscience, representing taboos stemming from childhood. Being arrested by a policeman may symbolize sexuality or emotions restrained by feelings of guilt. Someone of something that represents authority.

Do any or all of the above fit in your childhood?

Both parents being covered with blood {emotional energy} may suggest that both parents were guilty of some negative experiences in your life {your dreams are about you and your life}.

The police said they would be at my house (the house I grew up in) in just a while".
Here the police may indicate some failure to perform or to honor obligations and commitments. This may apply to your parents.

"I was afraid and I was alone with them". If there was this abuse as a child this statement would also apply to your parents when you were a child.

In the dream the statement is your father is with his wife. Not with your mother but with his wife. That may be significant in that she, the wife, was not your mother. Was there a stepmother? Or perhaps your mother was the 'wife', being the good wife and ignoring the abuse by your father.

You are in the present with your husband. Have you confided in him about childhood experiences? Or there may be a lack of support on his part in your emotional conflicts {he not knowing or not wanting to know about possible abuses}.

Being arrested for the murder of the child in your dream probably represents the guilt you have from these childhood experiences. As is often a person feels to blame for the experiences {which of course they should not}.

'No one would listen'. This may refer to the actual attitudes of those in your immediate family. It may also be addressing your not wanting to remember the experiences from childhood. You are not listening to these unconscious contents. The dream is wanting you to listen, to confront and address these issues. Healing can not begin until you do so.

This unknown man in your dreams. He could very well be that man 'of your dreams', the ideal man. But such a person in this dream that includes what seems to be aspects addressing childhood experiences may be saying something about your husband. Does he in some ways act like your father? The abuse as a child may have been purely mental, not giving you the proper nourishment needed as a child. Perhaps you husband is doing the same, not supporting you in the ways you need him to do.

Look at your childhood and those negative experiences having to do with your parents. All too often there is a lack of 'parenting'. There could have been physical abuse but it could have been merely mental {psychological}. That may also fit in with the relationship with your husband. The experiences as a child, although lacking proper parenting but not on a scale of criminal abuse, may be coming 'back' to your {back in your unconscious} due to the relationship with your husband. His lack of support may be a reminder of childhood experiences.

A response to my interpretation may help clarify the possibilities of the dream message. It does seem to be addressing childhood issues but also issues that may involve your husband.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Jerry {Host & WebMaster MDS/Dream Forum}
Cheryl,
This sentences most likely is the primary focus of your dream:
"I am riding up and down a stretch of road that I travelled as a child".

The basement is symbolic of the unconscious. Hallways are usually links to those aspects in the unconscious that are either repressed, ignored or too frightful to want to confront the experiences being addressed.

Did your father hit you as a child? It may not actually have been a physical 'hitting'. It may have been psychological abuse. Being outside probably represents your conscious self trying to get away from these memories.

As for the police. Here are the symbolic possibilities from the MDS Dream Dictionary. I will discuss other possibilities later in my interpretation.

Policeman - A super-ego symbol {Freud} or conscience, representing taboos stemming from childhood. Being arrested by a policeman may symbolize sexuality or emotions restrained by feelings of guilt. Someone of something that represents authority.

Do any or all of the above fit in your childhood?

Both parents being covered with blood {emotional energy} may suggest that both parents were guilty of some negative experiences in your life {your dreams are about you and your life}.

The police said they would be at my house (the house I grew up in) in just a while".
Here the police may indicate some failure to perform or to honor obligations and commitments. This may apply to your parents.

"I was afraid and I was alone with them". If there was this abuse as a child this statement would also apply to your parents when you were a child.

In the dream the statement is your father is with his wife. Not with your mother but with his wife. That may be significant in that she, the wife, was not your mother. Was there a stepmother? Or perhaps your mother was the 'wife', being the good wife and ignoring the abuse by your father.

You are in the present with your husband. Have you confided in him about childhood experiences? Or there may be a lack of support on his part in your emotional conflicts {he not knowing or not wanting to know about possible abuses}.

Being arrested for the murder of the child in your dream probably represents the guilt you have from these childhood experiences. As is often a person feels to blame for the experiences {which of course they should not}.

'No one would listen'. This may refer to the actual attitudes of those in your immediate family. It may also be addressing your not wanting to remember the experiences from childhood. You are not listening to these unconscious contents. The dream is wanting you to listen, to confront and address these issues. Healing can not begin until you do so.

This unknown man in your dreams. He could very well be that man 'of your dreams', the ideal man. But such a person in this dream that includes what seems to be aspects addressing childhood experiences may be saying something about your husband. Does he in some ways act like your father? The abuse as a child may have been purely mental, not giving you the proper nourishment needed as a child. Perhaps you husband is doing the same, not supporting you in the ways you need him to do.

Look at your childhood and those negative experiences having to do with your parents. All too often there is a lack of 'parenting'. There could have been physical abuse but it could have been merely mental {psychological}. That may also fit in with the relationship with your husband. The experiences as a child, although lacking proper parenting but not on a scale of criminal abuse, may be coming 'back' to your {back in your unconscious} due to the relationship with your husband. His lack of support may be a reminder of childhood experiences.

A response to my interpretation may help clarify the possibilities of the dream message. It does seem to be addressing childhood issues but also issues that may involve your husband.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

jerry, thank you for your response to my post. yes there was abuse in my childhood. mental and physical abuse. most of the abuse came from my mother. the saying daddy left to get a pack of cigerettes and never came back was my father.

at 16 i was taking care of my "mentally" disabled mother, and younger sister. I have spent my life
trying to make my mother happy.

I understand what you are saying that the man without the face is my dream man. I have always been the one who takes care of others, and I have never had someone take care of me.

I don't understand why there is police in most all of my dreams. Perhaps it is because I have had to hide everything from anyone who could help me because of being afraid of how my mother, when I was younger, would handle it, and now as an adult, I fear how my husband will handle.

my husband's parents have always let me know that he married beneath him. in the beginning i allowed these attitudes to bother me, but over the years as I have seen and heard things that they have said and done I know that perhaps their son married above them, because they are trash with money.

i wish i could be as brave in my waking hours as i am in sleep.

thank you, God Bless. Your responses to my post are helping me see things about myself that I have been unable to allow myself to see in the past.

Cheryl,
I appreciate your taking the time to respond to the interpretation. It has been such responses that have help provide insights to how dreams function, the Dream Forum being an educational tool for those of us who have this great interest in this link to the unconscious {the hallway in your dream}. Your dream in particular once again offers insights to defined patterns found in dreams, the dream references to your childhood being actual references to your waking childhood. As I stated previously dreams are a direct link to the unconscious and with their {dreams} therapeutic function they provide insights to the emotional conflicts the dreamer is consciously and unconsciously dealing with. Jung's approach to delving deep into the unconscious with the use of dreams removes the need for the 'couch' and takes a lot less time in discovering the unconscious stimuli that are at the root of such conflicts.

As for the constant presence of police in your dreams. Perhaps looking at the MDS Dream Dictionary and seeing some of the possibilities it has to offer may help you understand the reason for the inclusion of this recurring symbol.

Policeman - A super-ego symbol or conscience, representing taboos stemming from childhood. Someone of something that represents authority.

Note: Dream Dictionaries should be used carefully since those not adjusted to Jungian philosophy often are not worthy of use. And even the best dictionaries should be used with caution, the possibilities only being possibilities and not fixed.

Of course the fear you mention of your mother would also be a factor for the dream police. The dream is a 'regulating' mechanism of sorts in that it does have the therapeutic effect. Ploice are regulating agents in our life and thus would be a common symbolic reference in our dreams. Dreams use what we term 'universal' language as symbolic references, the policeman being a constant figure in our history. And for someone such as yourself the inclusion of the police would be a normal inclusion because of the abuse in your life. When a child is threatened it would be a policeman that would be the figure that removes that perceived threat.

As for the relationship with your husband's parents. The mental 'abuse' I offered in relationship to him would be addressing the relationship with his parents, the mental abuse not being so much of him but of their attitude. Although you have consciously been able not to let their attitude bother you unconsciously there may be the pain of their actions. Dreams provide us with our true emotions, realized and unrealized. Whatever is within a dream is 'true' in that it represents the true emotions. Having learned to look at them as having their son married above them is a mechanism in itself to help buffer the pain of not being accepted. And it is probably a true adjective where you stated they are trash with money'. True emotions consciously derived.

"i wish i could be as brave in my waking hours as i am in sleep".

If you learn to listen to your dreams you may be surprised how brave you can become with the information they provide. Dreams can contribute to better mental health when heeded. Studies show that sleep is not only for rest but also to dream, the dream being that mechanism that helps in solving emotional conflicts.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Jerry, it was by complete accident that I came across this dream forum.

However, being a woman that has leaned on my religious beliefs I feel now that it was not by complete accident now. I believe that God brought me to this sight.

Being able to be open about my dreams these past few days have made me realize that my dreams are not abnormal, they are just a relection of who I am and what I have lived. Reflection of feelings, emotions and real life experiences that I hide from most that I know.

Thank you again, and God Bless

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 Birmingham

stats from 7-14-10 to the present