Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
please help...dreaming of my dead mother

Hello...I am not a dreamer. Never do I dream. My mother passed away 5 months ago. Almost every night for over a month I dream that I am being held down only to "awake" and see its my mom holding me down. At that point I am so rattled that I can't go back to sleep. Any suggestions? I haven't had a sound nights sleep since the dreams started.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37 & TN

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: please help...dreaming of my dead mother

Kelly,
First of all, you do dream and dream every night. You just don't remember them {Our Dreaming Mind}. These recent dreams are probably the result of the emotional 'trauma' you have experienced with the recent death of your mother. The contents of your dreams should not for the most part be taken by metaphorically. Dreams speak in the language of symbol and metaphor. Although your 'dream mother' is most likely addressing experiences with your real mother, the 'holding you down' would be symbolic language, not a literal of her physically holding you down. Psychologically, in some aspect of your life, she was holding you down. If you look back at the relationship with your mother you will discover such a relationship. It most likely would be in a negative way, holding you down. It may have been something in the relationship that was holding you back from a more positive aspect of your life. Examine the relationship with your mother and determine what the 'holding you down' aspect was. Then examine thoroughly, and with a great amount of time and effort and find ways that will help you resolve those unresolved issues with her.

On example, and opt necessarily one that fits you but would fit the symbolic value of the term 'holding your down', would be you may have inherited certain traits from your mother that are 'holding you down' as a mother. Do you possess attitudes, traits that your mother possessed that may be looked at in a negative way? Something along these lines may be the message of the dreams. As long as you continue to display these negative traits they will remain unresolved, as well as be a negative aspect in your life.

You do dream every night, we all do. And for those like yourself who seldom remember their dreams, an issue so emotionally and powerfully charged as the death of your mother will cause you to have these types of dreams. Dreams are therapeutic in that they try to help you resolve emotional issues by 'showing' you what those issues are. Even you are not consciously aware of their affect.

Take a minute to read my page A Simple Guide to Dreams to get an idea of how dreams function. You may be surprised at what you find.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

wow...thanks so much. i read your page and have really thought about what you said. very insightful. thank you.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37 & TN

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

kelly,
A wow is thanks enough. It shows me I struck a cord that fits within your real life. If that is so then my job is done.
Thanks for the response, and the wow.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present