Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Killing an intruder

I had a dream that left me a little shaken up yet was very confusing. In my dream, I woke up in the middle of the night because I heard a noise in my apartment (it didn't really look like my apartment). So the first thing I did was grab a baseball bat and go check my daughter's room. She woke up and asked what I was doing so I told her that I was going to go check to see if someone was in the apartment. She came with me and when we turned on the lights, they were very dim. The front window was wide open. I closed it and we checked but didn't see anyone. Then we were standing in the kitchen in front of the fireplace (again, not in my real apartment) and my daughter whispers "Mommy, over here" and points inside the fireplace. There was a man hiding there and he came out and was right beside my daughter. So hit him with the bat a number of times until he finally fell unconscious. I called 9-1-1 to tell them that I thought I might have killed an intruder. He got up so I stabbed him to death. I made sure to stab him until he was dead.

Then I'm at the door waiting for the police to arrive and this guy shows up and wants to come in. I'm very shaken up at this point so I motion with my hand for him to go away. He texts me and we start flirting and then he comes into my house and I explain to him what happens so he offers to stay with me until the cops get there. All of a sudden, there's a bunch of people in my house (friends and family) and this random guy and then the cops show up. I tell them what happened and they question why I didn't just immobilize him and I explain that I was trying to save my daughter and they seem happy with that explanation.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 31, Ottawa, Ontario

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Femail

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Killing an intruder

Brigitte,
An apartment would be symbolic of 'one' aspect of your whole self {one apartment within the whole complex}. And since we are using the term complex this apartment itself could be addressing a 'complex' you possess.

Hearing a noise in an apartment that you do not recognize suggest that there are aspects within your psyche that may not be completely recognizable. The noise would be from the unconscious {via the dream}, something within it that requests you attention.

The dim lights also may suggest something within the unconscious that is not clearly seen.
There is two possibilities that the daughter in your dream may represent. One would be your real daughter {assuming you have one. If not then you can eliminate this possibility}. The other would be your daughter represents you as a young girl.

In either case, and possibility both {if there was something that threatened you as a child it may also have similar characteristics that threaten your real daughter} there is an 'intruder' residing in your unconscious, one that needs to be 'killed' or put an end to its influence on your psyche. The dream intruder would be addressing an experiences in your life that at one time, and still does, affect you emotionally. The noise in the apartment would be the unconscious wanting/needing you to confront this emotional aspect and put an end {kill it} to its control or influence on you {Brigitte,
An apartment would be symbolic of 'one' aspect of your whole self {one apartment within the whole complex}. And since we are using the term complex this apartment itself could be addressing a 'complex' you possess.

Hearing a noise in an apartment that you do not recognize suggest that there are aspects within your psyche that may not be completely recognizable. The noise would be from the unconscious {via the dream}, something within it that requests you attention.

The dim lights also may suggest something within the unconscious that is not clearly seen.
There is two possibilities that the daughter in your dream may represent. One would be your real daughter {assuming you have one. If not then you can eliminate this possibility}. The other would be your daughter represents you as a young girl.

In either case, and possibility both {if there was something that threatened you as a child it may also have similar characteristics that threaten your real daughter} there is an 'intruder' residing in your unconscious, one that needs to be 'killed' or put an end to its influence on your psyche. The dream intruder would be addressing an experiences in your life that at one time, and still does, affect you emotionally. The noise in the apartment would be the unconscious wanting/needing you to confront this emotional aspect and put an end {kill it} to its control or influence on you {albeit unconscious control that you may not be aware of, wish to forget or have repressed}.

This dream intruder is male. It is something you thought you have killed but keeps coming back to life {suggesting something within your unconscious you can not get rid of}. The continuing stabbing in the dream to insure he is dead may also suggest you have put this experienced within the unconscious, to block it out, make it dead to your conscious mind.

So what we have to determine is whether this dream 'intruder' is about you as a child, your actual daughter, or both. We know he is a male and most likely that would represent a real male. But it could also represent masculine aspects or your animus. I see that as a less likely possibility or at best having a smaller influence.

Are there experiences as a child that you wish not to remember, where there was a threat to harm you? This would help answer part of the question as to whom this intruder is threatening.

The rest of the dream may provide further clues to the possibilities.

The guy that comes to your door could be literally addressing some real life experience from your past. It may suggest this is a person you do not want in but with persistence {this too may address a literal experience, the flirting} he gains your confidence.

This part of the dream may be addressing actual experiences as well as as pointing to a need to confront this 'unconscious intruder'. Dreams often use symbols to address different aspect of the self and dream. There may have been times when you have started to consciously tackle this past negative experience only to have the emotional pain once again block it out. This could be the police in your dream, they being the enforcing the need to confront these emotions. But instead of confronting these issues you have chosen to 'immobilize' the experience and keep it restrained in the unconscious so the emotional impact is not felt consciously.

In conclusion we have this little girl that is threatened by an intruder. You are able to kill it only to have it once again come back to life and you have to kill it again. That does sound like something that continually is threatening, something that was a bad experiences that you wish you could do away with {kill} but it keeps coming back. But is it you or your real daughter this intruder is after. As I stated above it could be both. If so it would be in an environment you both share, the past environment where this bad experiences occurred in your earlier life, as well as a present day experiences your daughter also lives in that cause you concern about her well being. It would also involve a male in both instances.

If it is only addressing your past experiences then it is one that seems to be pushed back into the unconscious every time there is a thought of it. What could those past experiences be? Look at your childhood and determine those possibilities.

As for the need to confront this 'intrude'. Until you confront these past negative experiences you will not be able to heal the wounds from them. If you continue to push them back into those dark recesses of the unconscious they will continue to plague you until you either confront them, or they grow and possibly have an unconscious influence in your life. That may have already begun if there is indeed similar circumstances in your childhood and your daughter's life. I do see a blockage of a willingness to acknowledge whatever it is that threatens you. You must overcome this resistance or future dreams will only become more terrifying.

One last possibility considering your age. This threatening intruder may not be such a great threat in your life but something that was a minimal experience that now has resurfaced for one reason or another. It may have been a benign experiences but one that left enough of an impression to be kept within the unconscious. I think your dream is m ore than this but it could be what the dream is trying to communicate.

Let me know your response. Follow up responses often provide further clues to the dream's message and intent. Dreams are therapeutic much like the immune system of the body. Whatever is not healthy the dream tries to help you get better by showing what is really within your unconscious and trying to show you these truths. But dreams speak in a language of symbols and metaphor {with some literal language I mentioned in my interpretation}. And again, if there are past experiences that occurred and you have not put them in their proper place, starting the healing process by confronting the experience {and sometimes the actual people involved or responsible for the negative experience] your dreams will continue to showcase these events. Such is the way of dreams.

Have you read my page A Simple Guide to Dreams? If not I suggest you do so to get an understanding of how dreams function and the approach Carl Jung used in his years of researching and interpreting dreams.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present