Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
dream interpretation

Have not been remembering my dreams for awhile but last night this dream really stayed with me and felt so real.
I was on a military plane with a few men and it seemed like we were practicing some type of mission. They were moving things around in the cargo area with the door open (they were more involved than I was). We were all in army green jumpsuits. I didn't know where 2 of the guys went and then the plane headed straight down toward the water and then leveled out and we landed. Apparently the 2 guys had fallen out and into the water. I was not worried at all and the guys were just fine. Myself and the other men ran to the water and I was excited to get to run in the ocean water. Instead of running into the ocean on the right side, the guys called me to the left and it was more of a bay with some reeds and such. As I was running, one of the guys gasped and I said "what" and looked down and I had jumped over a snake. It was reddish and it's face appeared kind of animated. The other guy kind of reached down to pet it and it turned it's head like he was letting him pet him and appeared pleasant. I asked it it was poisonous and he said "of course". I saw a nearby pickup and thought I needed to get into the back of the pickup and away from the snake (I HATE SNAKES). It chased me and my impression was that it was doing it because it knew I was scared of it and hadn't planned on hurting me...but more challenging me. I woke up before I made it away or before it reached me.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: dream interpretation

Dee,
This dream seems to be addressing masculine aspects {animus}. The military airplane may represent discipline that offers advancement to higher levels of some aspect of your life. The door is open for that advancement but the cargo {the load you carry from life} is shifting, perhaps a barrier to this desired advancement. There is a disruption of your intended 'destination' but you are able to overcome it and continue as usual. You may have thought you had been abandoned by needed masculine aspects {this could be a reference to actual men in your life as well as animus aspects} but in reality all is well.

This intended and desired destination you are on is not to be found in the social world as much as it is within yourself. Perhaps the discipline, regimentation required by the military airplane to reach higher aspirations is what if needed {in mythology to take the right hand path is to do what is expected of you from society. The left hand path is the road to adventure, what life is really about}.

Snakes are often symbolic of new possibilities in life {the death and resurrection motif-the snake loses its skin and grows new skin-death to the old, new life}. This snake is a positive but there are those negative possibilities that go with any adventure that takes you outside the confines of your normal routine. This may be the reason for the fear of the snake. You seek safety in those known things {truck}. Your dream snake is chasing you, not to harm you {that is your fear if you go outside the confines of normality} but to challenge you to take that adventure of the 'left hand path'.

This dream may be about the inner search for higher aspirations, the higher {Self}. But I get the sense there may be aspects in your waking life the dream is also addressing. It would involve men. And the possibility of reaching higher goals in your waking life. But it may require you to go outside those normal confines of life you have made for yourself. It may also require more discipline and a new regimentation that you may not be used to. Look at both possibilities I have described and see if either or both fit.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thank you, Jerry. Your response was very good. I have recently been dealing with 2 main issues. I have been working on my feelings of dependability with, yes, a male in my life. I do feel that I can depend on him more, lately. The second issue is involved with my "career". I had put it on hold for kids and now am feeling the need to "challenge" myself, especially in the career realm. I've been doing the safe and secure path and realize I want more advventure. I knew this dream was important to my tasks at hand and really appreciate your feedback!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Dee,
Thanks so much for the response. Every dream has meaning and when understood can be wonderful tools for advancing personal growt. Although dreams are seldom specific in literal terms {dreams do speak in the ancient language of symbols and metaphor} if decoded properly they can offer insights to what is really 'within' as well as provide knowledge that can be beneficial in that journey to wholeness in our waking lives. Your dream appeared to have two points of focus and your response confirmed that. Perhaps knowing your dreams are confirming what the waking life is doing you can better achieve those goals you have set forth. If you have future dreams that may offer more insights please post those and we can see how well you are doing in your 'adventure'.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present