Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Violence & Dirtiness

In a dark grimy hallway of a hotel 3 teenage girls are sitting, one of which is cuddled up to a man who is old enough to be her father. In fact, I think it is her father until I hear her friends telling her how wrong it is, and how gross it is, and that he's a creep.

I'm waiting just at the edge of the corner, because it seems like my boyfriend is signing some paperwork before we can go into our room.

I look at the girl and she says 'what are you looking at' and I said, "I feel sorry for you. You remind me of myself. That guy is taking advantage of your young age.' and he hopped up and he grabbed me around my throat and lifted me off of the floor and brought me into the closest bedroom.

He lifted me up onto the bed. Everything is like a muted brown color, the place is just dirty and I don't really want to be there anyhow.

He is choking me and threatening to kill me. I'm dangling from his arms. He's so bright, bright skin, bright blond hair, bright blue eyes, and so muscular. I noticed this because the surroundings are so dark and eerie. I start kicking at him, then I'm punching him in the face over and over but my hits barely seem to effect him. He laughs at my little punches.

I'm calling my boyfriend to come save me and he says 'be right there', and it really frustrates me that he doesn't come check on me when I call him. He basically assumes anything I want isn't important.

So I land a really good punch on the guys face and he seems worn out now and is going to let me down to the bed, and this guy comes in covered in tatoos. He looks really dirty and he wants to rape me. That dream ends with my boyfriend coming into the room and the two other men standing by me, both who want to hurt me.

----------
Next dream
----------

I'm in a dirty house and at the top is a little window with these owls on it. I think the blond guy from the previous dream is with me, but I don't really register him. It's almost like he's my shadow.

I'm admiring the two owls, they are gray and really large. I'm so impressed by them, because I've never really been that close to wild owls before. I start calling my boyfriend to come look because I know he'd appreciate them. He says "be right there', and it really irritates me because I know he is going to miss them and it seemed like he never took anything I said seriously, as if I just called him to look at a spoon or something.

I continue to watch the owls when one of my cats leaps up to the window and goes to attack them, they fly off, and my cat turns into a bird and also fly's off. I look over my shoulder to the man, but again I can't really seem him, I feel his warmth, and can just see a flicker of his blond hair and his shadow and I say, "that was a close one'. And we laugh.

Then I am on the dirty floor, and there is a small opening in the wall, with mesh covering it. Outside is a big dirty swamp filled with alligators and other swamp creatures.

I'm so scared they will get me. I keep watching though and then I see 2 baby alligators eating another baby animal, but not sure what it was. It made me queasy, I felt forced to watch for some reason.

Please read when you get the chance, thank you :)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 25 USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Violence & Dirtiness

Angie,
I believe I have stated before in our conversations the difficulty of interpreting a younger person's dreams. This is because there are often recent waking life experiences that are close to being literal and the symbolic images reflect those experiences only you could know about {whereas most dream symbols are metaphorical}. I approach this dream with that in mind.

The young girl in your dream is you, it probably reflects the sorrows you have about yourself. The question would become, what are those sorrows?

My question to you would be, are there experiences reflected in the dream that may mirror real life experiences? The older man, is that reflect a real life experience? Have there been experiences in your life where you were 'taken advantage of'? Any real experiences of forced sex?

If you can respond to these questions we may be able to solve the riddle of these 3 dreams {these two and your second dream post}.

A possibility, if there are not past experiences related to the questions I asked, is the dream could be addressing frustrations with your bf. The feelings in the narrative may be symbolic language {but maybe/maybe not literal real life experiences} about that relationship. There may experiences where your bf hasn't been there when you really needed him. Does he tend to stand by and not offer the assistance you ask for when you really need it most?
Look at these possibilities and with a response we may be able to determine the message of the dream.

Your Second Dream

The beginning of the dream may set the stage of what all these dreams are about. Past experiences that make you feel 'dirty'. These dirty feelings may be an unconscious controlling agent in your life, past negative experiences that still have a control over your thinking. If you will provide the answers to my questions I think we can get to the heart of the dream messages, all three dreams.

Part of the problem does seem to be your dream bf. Does this reflect who he really is{as described above}? Are there are real frustrations with him?

Jerry {meditate]

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Jerry,

Sorry it took so long to respond. I didn't receive an email notification that these had been updated.

It's hard for me to answer your questions. I feel like my dreams are symbolic, as in they are about problems from my past or childhood.

I can see that possibly things I go through today bring out emotions I never dealt with as a child.

My boyfriend is always there for me with the big things, he does support me. However, I was working in the adult industry and wanted out, so I just quit knowing it would be hard to find another job. He wanted to support me but was very stressed out about finances and so was pressuring me to continue doing that job, saying I should do it even if it doesn't make me happy because he works at a job he hates so that we can pay our bills etc.

Now I have job interviews tomorrow, so I'm happy to say I think I can finally move on from the adult industry.

I also am very much a human rights and animal rights activist and feel like these things I try to tell him about he does not want to hear about.

So in those ways I did feel a lack of support from him, but on the whole he is very supportive. I have to say he's almost like a father figure to me, something I was missing growing up.

I hope that is enough information.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Angie,
Yes, thanks so much for the info. It is very helpful in understanding your dreams but also in demonstrating how dreams of someone your age can focus on the present time waking experiences, as opposed to someone older whose dreams so often focus on the past, and the accumulated baggage from life experiences

The thing that could have made you feel dirty in the dream was your job in the adult industry. And the young girl is you in that job. Calling your boyfriend to save you was your desire to quit the job and the need for him to support you in that decision.
"and it really frustrates me that he doesn't come check on me when I call him".

It does seem to be falling into place, the dirty feeling, the young girl {age 25}, his lack of support as evidenced in the above dream quote. The dream is reflecting just how you feel about the old job, your frustration with your bf because of his lack of support, the dirty guy who wants to rape you. This dream seems to demonstrate your waking life to the T.

The abortion dream may be reflecting your desire to 'abort' your adult industry job. Is there any 'taping' or filming involved with that job?
{They were recording it and it was projecting on this little TV.}

The crying baby may represent that new person who wants out of the old job, aborting it. It is always difficult to explain all symbols but the jest of both dreams does to seem a bit clearer, as far as your present life is concerned.

But your childhood. Are there experiences there also you wish to purge, abort from your memory, wishing it never happened? We all ssem to have that 'wounded child' within. Some it is so deep it unconsciously controls our actions as an adult. It did in my life, until I did find Jungian psyche and purged/aborted those negative influences.

The good thing is you have taken that step to remove the dirty feelings and progress to something better. The first is always the hardest.

I am also a supporter of animal and human rights. I have taken in several stray cats and one big dog {having adopted several more}. There are so much suffering in the world it is often hard to tune out the injustices. But if we work to improve our own lives and be examples of what compassion and caring is about.

If you continue this progressive path you will begin to have positive dreams, reflecting the positive attitudes you have bought for yourself.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Jerry,

I just wanted to let you know before I forget that mcafee gives me a yellow warning for your site, meaning that someone you are linked to or someone that links to you is possibly a trojan.

Actually for my job I did feel on display and it was all via online & yes there were recorded videos of me that I did not want people to have. I really only did this job to get by because I had/have extreme social anxiety and find it very difficult to leave my house. I finally decided to just quit and that I would be able to get a job out of the home and be okay.

I also have rescued 8 cats and have 2 dogs, which add's to my bf's financial stress. The jobs I have interviews for only pay $8 an hour but they are in a field I really enjoy.

I won't make nearly the same amount of money I made in the adult industry.

I also have a social issues website that I want to focus on and don't want any of the adult stuff I did to interfere with that or my reputation. I sincerely care about people and the world around me and try to help make a difference.

I don't know, I have some blocked memories from my childhood, and I feel like I have the emotional maturity of a child because of it. I think that my dreams try to show me this, it's just an instinct.

Do you think then that the girl in the abortion dream was me?

I often dream of myself as other people. For instance I once had a dream I was a 13 year old boy that went on a killing spree in his Catholic boys school!!

Angie,
Once again thanks for the response. The more we delve into your actual life the more we learn.

Your dreams are dealing with both current and early childhood issues, something that is common for dreams to do. Because of your social issues and because you have blocked out much of early childhood experiences your dreams will often focus on those experiences. Dreams are therapeutic in they try to help problem solve emotional issues. If there are aspects of your life that are out of balance your dreams will seek to inform the conscious self of those aspects.

And yes, the girl in the abortion dream is you. And the dream as a 13 year old boy would also be an aspect of your psyche, something known as your animus, masculine aspects of the feminine psyche. We all possess both masculine and feminine aspects and in dreams the images of unknown men are often representative of those masculine traits in a woman. This is another aspect of how dreams function, speaking in a language of symbol and metaphor. If you will follow the link on the animus it will lead you to the four major aspects Jung found to be common place in our dreams.

Do you often have dreams of younger children or teens? Both dreams probably are addressing childhood issues. If there were early life abuse issues then the violence and dirtiness dream would not only be addressing the 'dirtiness' you feel from your old job but also those 'dirty' experiences from early life. You will continue to have such dreams as long as have an influence on your psyche. Such experiences often have an influence on who we become and act as adults. And until those issues are resolved {you can't go back and change them but you can put them in their place with proper therapy} they will continue to be a part of your dreams.

But again you are taking a big step in resolving your current 'dirtiness' feelings from your old job. I would guess there is a connection to that job and early childhood experiences {unconscious motivations that influence actions and personality traits as an adult}. The earlier issues in life will have to be confronted and worked through. Usually that requires a trained professional {psychologist}. But Jung has a method of self psychology called Individuation Process. For many this method is not an option because of the difficulty of understanding the process and the discipline required to stay with it. But you seem to have a high level of understanding {you are already multi-tasking, looking for the new job, befriending cats and dogs, web master of a web site}. If you can find the time and discipline it may be what can save you a lot of emotional pain later in life. You already have a lot more 'baggage' than the average person and thus you will have a lot to sort through. It will take years to work through-I began 18 years ago and it took many years to discover and resolve those deep issues that left a void in my psyche. Because of Jung {and Joseph Campbell} I was able to do so, and discovered my true calling in working with dreams. And as a creative tool I learned web design {self taught in both web design and Jungian psyche} and in 1998 started Myths-Dreams-Symbols. If my 'ordinary' mind can do all the above most anybody can.

Thanks for the heads up on the 'trojan'. I have close to 130 other sites linked to Myths-Dreams-Symbols {why MDS is listed so high under Dream Psyche and Dream Psychology at Google} and it is probably from one of those pages that you get the warning. I have McAfee also and do not get such a warning. If your McAfee should be able to isolate exactly what site is infected please let me know.

If you have any dreams of children you wish to post please do so and perhaps we can gain insights to those mis-adventures. Whatever the emotional experiences that need attention, they will come up sooner or later in dreams. We all have emotional issues and resolution of them is what dreams are about. A wonderful and fascinating thing, our dreams.

Jerry

Jerry,

I looked further into it. It's bravenet that is giving the McAfee a fit. :) It's something to do with spam.

http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/bravenet.com?premium=false&client_uid=803051208&client_ver=3.0.1.163&client_type=IEPlugin&suite=true&aff_id=605&locale=en_us&os_ver=6.1.0.0&pip=true

Not sure if that link will work for you, but the details are on there.

Thanks once again for helping me with my dreams. I had one bad dream and two good dreams the past two days. :) They were all a bit weird, but it's not often I have good dreams so I guess I am headed in the right direction.

Angie,
Thanks for the info about Bravenet and the possibility of a virus infection. I visited the link you listed and McAfee found downloads on this site were free of adware, spyware, and other potentially unwanted programs. As for a virus it did not say. I would assume with all the links that are in Bravenet there is at least something nefarious in one or more sites that may show up. Hopefully it isn't something that can be passed on. I will notify Bravenet as a precaution.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present