Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
man with out a face reveals himself

For so long I have dreamed of a man that is very kind, loving and caring. I have never been able to see his face.

I am so happy to say that I saw his face.

I was at the park, it was the same park I used to play softball and run at as a child, a teenager and my early 20s. I had been running and I felt so good. I stopped at the picnic tables that were there to drink my water. I was sitting there watching the squirels and birds. Just feeling the wind blowing.

I suddenly felt like someone was looking at me. I turned around and there he was on the other side of the table. We started communicating with each other. He came over to my side of the table, and we were holding hands, and then he put his arm around my shoulder. I felt so safe that I put my head on his shoulder, and just let him hold me.

I looked up at him with my eyes closed, and just thought to myself, please let me see your face. When I opened my eyes..... there he was it was jimmy.

Jimmy was a guy I dated in high school and early 20s. We were very close, and he was always very protective of me. He was always so very good to me.

While we were dating he left for the army. Due to the stress of his being gone, and being stationed in Korea after boot camp, sad to say we broke up. No I did not do a dear john letter, we had a face to face one evening when he came home on leave. We decided that we would break up. He told me that night that i would always hold a special place in his heart. We said that we loved each other, but for the time this was for the best. We kept in touch as friends by writing but the letters started getting less and less. Then one day we just stopped writing.

I found out from jimmy's brother that he was getting married to a girl in korea. I was heart broken, because I still loved him.

Shortly there after I started dating the man who is now my husband. So I guess you could say that I married for the wrong reasons.

Well back to the dream. In my dream Jimmy told me that he came to see me before i got married, but my mother told him I was getting married the following month. Jimmy asked her to tell me that he came by to see me. He was home on leave for just a few days for a family funeral.

He told me that he had come to tell me that he loved me, and wanted us to try again. Well I never knew this because my mother never told me.

When I woke up I felt so uneasy that I called my older brother to ask him if he knew anything about this. He told me that he remembers Jimmy coming to see me. He remembers Jimmy asking my mom to tell me that he was looking for me. My brother also told me that he had called several times over the next few days, but my mother told him I was not there. He said that some of the times I was there.

Apparently, she swore my brother to silence. She said that with the wedding so close that I did not need to have Jimmy messing with my head.

So what jimmy told me in my dream was true.

Now for some additional strange things to add. I was on my facebook last Friday, and put his name on the look up. Several names came up matching his. I sent a message to the one that I was led to. I asked some pertinent question and on saturday he wrote back and yes it was him...after 30 years.

I have been able to ask Jimmy some questions about that day with my mom and what he needed to see me about. He wanted to ask me to stop the wedding. He wanted us to try again. He wanted me to know that he had messed up, and that he loved me.

Jimmy and I have sent messages back and forth. I find it so sad that he ended up marrying the girl from Korea. She ended up leaving him and their children 15 years ago.

You of course from my past post know how my marriage is.

Is it possible to find out the truth through a dream?

I would never betray my marriage or be unfaithful.

My heart is broken all over again, with thoughts of what ifs.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 alabama

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: man with out a face reveals himself

Cheryl,
The human psyche is an amazing thing. Although Jung did not believe that dreams usually foretold of future events he did believe there was this power to recognize 'psyche' events beyond the normal range of everyday recognition. Jung called these events Synchronicities, people, places or events that your soul attracts into your life.

Why would Jimmy be the man in your dreams? It could be he was truly your 'soul mate'. But it could also be he was the icon you saw as being the ideal man of your life and you have decided you let that person get away from you. This would be a part of that early life experiences {along with the experiences having to do with your mother} that left an emotional impression on your psyche. Your current life is not idea {your parents-in-law attitudes being a part of that} and perhaps you see your marriage as less than idea. Looking back is what dreams do especially when we reach that mid-life plateau. This dream and other dreams probably are exposing your raw emotions about the past and the present, what should have been and what is. You can not change the past and in the present day you will not choose to anything other than live your life under the current circumstances.
But it doesn't mean you can't be friends with Jimmy. But that too may present problems, having to explain such a relationship to your husband. Hiding it may be difficult and perhaps not the best thing to do. A dilemma for sure.

There is one aspect of your dream I wish to comment. In your dream you asked to see the face of the man. This is what we would call lucidity in a dream, asking the dream to do something. There are those who try to influence their dreams by using lucidity. I believe trying to do so to a great extend affects the therapeutic value of the dream, its intent of problem solving. But to use it as you did in your dream is a positive and often produces positive results. I appreciate your post, helping to understand how the dream can be influenced in a positive way.

What are your feelings after speaking with Jimmy? What feelings did you come away with? These are questions you may need to answer for yourself since there is that 'attachment' to these past experiences, and its resurgence in the present. I would expect there to be more dreams about Jimmy and would not be surprised to see the unknown face rather than Jimmy himself. He represents something that makes you whole. Putting a face on that representation may be hard to do since you are in a marriage you do not wish to change.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

RWe e: man with out a face reveals himself

Jerry, thank you for your response to my post. prior to this dream I have been talking to my sister, and I started asking God if he truly put me into this marriage to be unhappy for the rest of my life. Actually I have asked him that so many times. My sister and I are very close and she just wants me to know for a fact that leaving my husband is truly a decision that will make me happy. My fear in leaving is financial. Thinking back to something you put in response to another dream. I have in deed ran out of gas in this relationship with my husband.

I had started seeing a counselor, I thought that since it was a more liberal church, and it was a woman, that they would be a little more open. Guess what the same thing. Stay no matter how tough life gets.

Then yet another post about being unhappy in my present relationship. Understanding that my true self will not allow myself to unfaithful to my husband. Why in my dreams is it so easy for me to find comfort in another man.

I understand that there is so many what ifs in my life, and sometimes they are in my dreams.

I have had the opportunity to talk to Jimmy several times without my husband knowing. We are just happy to be communicating, and there is no stress in our conversations. It feels good to not have fear in talking to a man. At this point I don't know if talking to Jimmy is helping give me strength, or if it is hurting because of our past.

I was so proud of myself today. I stood up to my husband when he started to yell at me. I told him that I would and could not put up with it any more. He's not talking to me. But I did stand up to him. Is it possible to get strength, and find our value in our dreams?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 alabamaf

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: RWe e: man with out a face reveals himself

Cheryl,
If dreams do one thing important it is to focus on who we really are and how we really feel. As long as we ignore those truths we can never be whole. Those emotional issues that prevent us from being who we should be, and we all have something in life that fulfills the soul, are what dreams focus on with the intent to help solve and resolve anything out of balance in life. Your dreams are about you, your life, your experiences, your relationships. You can look at them as a play with you on stage as the all the characters {or related to you} as well as the audience, the director, the producer, etc. The dream is like a third person observing your life but with out prejudices, lacking the ego perception that clouds the senses.

Yes, you should be proud for taking a stand. You will never be that whole person until you put yourself in a position where you respect yourself. Usually it is unresolved emotional issues that puts us in those negative positions to begin with. By removing one barrier at a time you begin to have a new life, new opportunities to enjoy life, be your true self. That is most important as you enter 'struggle' through those mid-life years since it is that period of time those out-of-balance aspects begin to creep into our psyche. They most likely have been in your dreams for many years but when we begin to age, life begins to change around us, death becomes a real factor to think about, these emotional issues become paramount. To ignore them is to do so at the peril of never having lived the life that could have been.

I applaud your continued effort in seeking counseling. And at a more 'liberal' church. Unfortunately it is still biased. If I can be so bold to suggest you continue to seek out other religious opportunities I believe you will eventually discover that place that fits with who you are. I grew up in the Church of Christ and Southern Baptist. They were so restricted in their tolerance of the 'natural' aspects of the psyche, those psychological aspects that can only be addressed through objective thinking, I eventually became discouraged and sought out the most liberal of churches. It was there {Unitarian/Universalist and Unity Churches} I found acceptance and could accept them. But eventually they too were not my cup of tea, being that independent mind I possess, and I left the church all together to give more time to my dream work and focus on maintaining and designing my Myths-Dreams-Symbols web site. When I need spiritual nourishment I either find a water falls or go into the woods for a good healthy hike. Nothing says loving like a trip through nature.

As for my spirituality. I am a much better person than I have ever been, seeking to live my 'whole' life {not just on Sundays and selected times that suite the ego} as Jesus would have me live it. Honesty, compassion, ethical, those things that require the good deeds. And when I began to discover other spiritual philosophies I was booster by the fact that what Jesus represented was the same as what the Buddha represented. My whole spiritual philosophy is built around on the deeds in life and not your religious faith. What good is faith without the good deeds.
Sorry for the sermon. The so restrictive philosophies of religions are often the greatest barrier in finding a balance in life. As a dreamer, a student of the dream, and with the discovery I have a natural talent in understanding dreams {and the sometimes difficult philosophies of Jungian psyche} I am on my way to that wholeness I seek, filling that void that persisted most of my adult life. All I lack is being able to give full time to my dream work and MDS. But after 18 years of being, and staying, on this path I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

There is hope for us all. But it is within ourselves we discover the greatest opportunities to be that whole self. To limit the possibilities because of what others tell you is best, that doesn't always work out. But to be yourself, you can never be wrong in that position. A long road to travel but often all it takes is that first time you stand up to the injustices in your life. You have a right to be proud. You are being who you really are.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present