Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ovid Metamorphoses

I dreamed a few things before I remembered this last part. I saw a male friend of mine standing in another room, possibly the bathroom connected to my bedroom. He was wearing dark blue clothing in some form of suit. It was twilight lighting. There above him to the upper right of him were the words "Ovid Metamorphoses" and next to it a strange symbol shaped like a bow or perhaps a figure 8. He could not move with it there nor could he come into my room. I snatched the words and symbol to me and he moves to lie down next to me. I put them both back and he is again in the same space. I did so as I do not think of him in those intimate terms, but only as a friend. In the morning when I woke up I began to research about Ovid and his Metamorphoses book. This is strange as I have not read such tales in years and only have read a smattering of his tales. I had heard of this book, but do not think I actually read it.

I don't know if my friend really represented himself as perhaps being a male...hmmm...something to ponder...

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35 & Eastern Atlantic

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Femail

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Ovid Metamorphoses

Angel,
Ovid's Metamorphoses is a a narrative poem that describes the creation and history of the world and was completed in 8 AD. It is various tales of transformation. Perhaps this dream is addressing such transformations in your life. If you are not familiar with this poem then we would want to look at the possibility it is an archetypal dream which would suggest you may be at the threshold of a great transformation in your life.

What may be important as it applies to your life is the themes of the poem. From Wikipedia:

The recurring theme, as with nearly all of Ovid's work, is that of love — be it personal love or love personified in the figure of Amor (Cupid). Indeed, the other Roman gods are repeatedly perplexed, humiliated, and made ridiculous by Amor, an otherwise relatively minor god of the pantheon who is the closest thing this mock-epic has to a hero.

Since you say this male friend is just that a friend, then we would want to look at his presence in the dream not as a love interest. Of course we most likely would see him a symbolic reference, an animus figure. This aspect is another part of your psyche {he is in another room, the bathroom connected to the bedroom. Could this be focusing on aspects in your life that need elimination, having to do with the bedroom {by elimination, the bathroom, it could represent bringing to conscious knowledge unconscious aspects}. The bedroom has many purposes, including sleep and dreams.

To the right is the Metamorphoses. I always look at the 'right' direction as a symbolic reference to social obligations, society. Perhaps that is a reference to a transformation in that aspect of your life.

met·a·mor·pho·sis (mt-môrf-ss)
n. pl. met·a·mor·pho·ses (-sz)
1. A transformation, as by magic or sorcery.
2. A marked change in appearance, character, condition, or function.
3. Biology A change in the form and often habits of an animal during normal development after the embryonic stage. Metamorphosis includes, in insects, the transformation of a maggot into an adult fly and a caterpillar into a butterfly and, in amphibians, the changing of a tadpole into a frog.

Dark blue and twilight could represent unconscious aspects. The 8, 8AD? But perhaps also something more personal in your life, the number 8.

This masculine aspect 'can not move' while in this transformation. But when you bring this transformation to you, the feminine self, perhaps a reference to inner aspects or an inner search, you are able to 'unite' with the masculine.

Are you undergoing a great transformation in your life? Perhaps a spiritual awakening that brings balance to your life {masculine united and balanced with the feminine}. Since it is not terms of intimacy perhaps it is a matter of the soul.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Jerry,

Thank you for that insightful interpretation and blessings to you for your soulful guidance. I am sure many are in need of it.

Peace,
A~

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35, Mid-Atlantic

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Femaile

One more thing. Although I say to the right of him, I meant to his right, but from my point of view to my left. Does that matter?

A~

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35, Mid-Atlantic

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Femaile

stats from 7-14-10 to the present